Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Is anyone else thinking that if Congress did not act on the 2016 Cole/Bishop bill, why should we expect them to act on it in 2017 when congress has even more proposed legislation to review and act on ?

It was kinda a Different Political Landscape the 1st time around. And things like the Studies coming out of the UK hadn't come out yet.

The previous HHS/FDA/CDC/NIH could Ignore Valid Science for only so long. And then you reach a Tipping Point where even Moderately Informed people in the US start to say wait a minute.

I Don't think we are quite at that Tipping Point yet. But we are getting Close.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Is anyone else thinking that if Congress did not act on the 2016 Cole/Bishop bill, why should we expect them to act on it in 2017 when congress has even more proposed legislation to review and act on ?
I agree and I've said as much. Even though we now have a more anti-regulatory political structure, there are only so many legislative days in the calendar and much they want to do. Health care and Tax Reform will dominate that calendar before mid-term election groveling begins. Throw in copious amounts of "obstructionism" and you are left with a very narrow legislative window.

The previous HHS/FDA/CDC/NIH could Ignore Valid Science for only so long. And then you reach a Tipping Point where even Moderately Informed people in the US start to say wait a minute.
You have much more faith in those "moderately informed" people than I have. :)

Personally, I think the junk science is winning. And it seems we're always one battery explosion away from losing the battle entirely.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You have much more faith in those "moderately informed" people than I have. :)

Personally, I think the junk science is winning. And it seems we're always one battery explosion away from losing the battle entirely.

Never said that Junk Science and FUD doesn't work. Only that it has a Lifespan.

Beating the FUD Drum only works for so long. Because after awhile, people just start to Tune Out the Noise.

And at some point, people start to Look at who is Promoting the Junk Science and the FUD. And start to Question if there might be some Other reason(s) besides "Public Health" for all the Hype and Rhetoric.

trying

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
usa
Concerned that the industries deepest pockets ( Phillip Morris), in view of their 2.3 million page report on the new iqos, would only see Cole/ Bishop has helping the competition and would oppose it. Not that testing costs were ever a problem for PM, but it appears PM has already spent the necessary money to comply with the deeming regs testing requirements.

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
This is exactly why I don't buy Provape's excuse that the FDA regs forced them to close shop. So much can still happen until August 2018.

Provape's owners were ready to retire. Zen of House of Hybrids attempted to broker the sale of PROVAPE, twice. Only to have the Buyers balk because of the uncertainty of the FDA regs. The equipment, building were sold as well as intellectual property. They were backed into a corner! I don't see anyone in their right mind buying a multi-million dollar company, with the FDA having plans to shutdown vaping.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Provape's owners were ready to retire. Zen of House of Hybrids attempted to broker the sale of PROVAPE, twice. Only to have the Buyers balk because of the uncertainty of the FDA regs. The equipment, building were sold as well as intellectual property. They were backed into a corner! I don't see anyone in their right mind buying a multi-million dollar company, with the FDA having plans to shutdown vaping.

I think Provape was going to struggle to keep their place in the market regardless, maybe they knew that, but the FDAs regs were just the icing on the cake. Cant say I blame them.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Done.

Why isn't there a CTA issued? I almost missed it.

Yeah...IDK. When I asked about this a couple weeks ago on CASAA's forum, Julie said they would be posting more last week, but I haven't seen anything on ECF. There may be more discussion on Facebook, but for some reason I don't want to go there.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yeah...IDK. When I asked about this a couple weeks ago on CASAA's forum, Julie said they would be posting more last week, but I haven't seen anything on ECF. There may be more discussion on Facebook, but for some reason I don't want to go there.

I'm a member of CASAA and I used to get their email notifications about new CTAs--even after their forum fell into a coma. But now even the emails have stopped. I got an email thanking me for signing the petition and asking me to donate to CASAA even though I've been donating (automatically every month) for years and receive an occasional thank you note from kristin. :rolleyes:

I know they are busy, but someone could at least inform us what's going on, where to find them, whatever.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm not sure why I haven't seen this announced here, but CASSA is asking everyone to email their Representatives about HR 1136. Please go to http://august8th.org .
That's weird.

And what's weirder is that I just realized I haven't gotten an email from CASAA in many months.
I don't think they suddenly got converted into spam by my email provider.

I guess I had practically forgot about them.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I did ask--recently...

Yep...I saw that. I was hoping she would tell us what she knows about why we haven't been getting many emails or CTAs. I'm not sure when I heard from them last. I keep flying the CASAA banner though.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'll never badmouth CASAA no matter what.
They are all volunteers and the group was born here on this forum.

I am familiar with those who were elected to start the organization.
And I am certain that they mean well at all times.

They could do a lot more with more volunteers.
I used to be one, but there came a time when I could no longer offer enough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread