Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I have a handful of 22mm and 24mm rda's. I'm looking for a good 30mm rda to put on my new RX300. I love large airflow so that would be #1 for me. #2 would be a decent build deck similar to the Twisted Messes deck or a velocity style. I hate bottom airflow so that would be a deal breaker for me. If the authentic is a good price I will go for the real deal but if the rda is a good clone and I can save money I will go for a clone. Opinions and go........now! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I have a handful of 22mm and 24mm RDA's. I'm looking for a good 30mm RDA to put on my new RX300. I love large airflow so that would be #1 for me. #2 would be a decent build deck similar to the Twisted Messes deck or a velocity style. I hate bottom airflow so that would be a deal breaker for me. If the authentic is a good price I will go for the real deal but if the RDA is a good clone and I can save money I will go for a clone. Opinions and go........now! [emoji38]

The twisted messes 30mm might be just what your looking for . However if I were you I might try and find a 28mm tank as I heard 30mm hang over a tiny bit on the rx300

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
So I went to a vape shop today and looked at a 30mm RDA on the RX300. Hung over a bit as Sed8op8 mentioned. I thought it would too but wanted to see. With all the real estate that is on the 300 you would think that they would have moved the 510 connection back a bit in order to accommodate a 30mm. So I think I'm going to take Sed8op8's opinion and look for a 28mm RDA. I'm sure a 28mm will sit flush and not hang over. Any opinions on 28mm RDA's?

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
There's the ISM Kaos 28mm rda, but it will overhang just a hair
Check out the Vapergate Mason Advocate 27mm it's a perfect flush fit on the RX300. It doesn't look TOO bad with a 30mm on it...not as bad as it looks on an RX 2/3

I looked at the 510 connection on my 300 and on the 200s and it looks about the same. I know I looked at a 30mm the other day and it overhung a bit. I'm OCD a bit and that would drive me nuts! (Not that far of a drive the wife says ‍♂️) do you have a pic of it in the 300 you can put on here. I want to see what she looks like. I am trying to look on YouTube to see if I can find a review for the 27mm but I only see the 24mm, 30mm and the ginormous 40mm (that thing is massive craziness!). I'm assuming that the 27 is the same as the others just a different size. I like the airflow and the looks of the RDA. If it looks as good as I'm thinking it will look like I may just be picking up one. If you know anywhere that has them cheaper than other let me know that too! Thanks!!

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Here ya go:

27mm
IMG_3339.jpg

28mm
IMG_3340.jpg

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
So I took your opinion on the Pharaoh RDA and didn't care for the air flow on it. A little too constructive for me. I took your opinion on the Mason. Got it in yesterday. As soon as I got it I built a couple massive SS aliens wrapped 7 times around a 4mm shaft. Coming in @ .16. I have to say.....I LOVE THIS THING! This is now my fav RDA! I love the air flow on it. It's big enough you can throw some MASSIVE coils in it. The vape is just great. I have to give it to you @mongo74, thanks for mentioning this to me!

Reactions: mongo74

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
LOL that Mason is a monster, isn't it? Flavor and huuuuuge clouds. Glad you liked it :)

I wonder if you could get away with automotive CF wrap. there's tons of it floating around on fleabay. Just make sure it has 3M backing, as some of the adhesives used are...lackluster at best at higher temps. If you cover up the airflow from inside with masking tape and plug the top up, you can probably plastidip it, just don't use it on the drip tip.

The Pharoah has its moments. I still love it, but yeah, the draw is a little tight. I put a pair of fused claptons in it ohm'd out to .30 and it's chugging along very nicely at 65w.

Reactions: Wheelin247

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I will have to try the fused claptons in the Pharaoh.

I find myself vaping on this Mason at 150W-175W. With the aliens, it really puts out a cloud that for sure. My wife is always getting into me when I'm laying in bed watching tv. When she comes in she always says "I don't know how you can even see the tv, it's so cloudy in here" .

Vapergate only had chrome when I ordered. I emailed them about the colors and he said the 24mm and the 40mm were in black chrome (which I thought looked good) but they only did the 27mm in chrome. Not sure why they didn't do it in black chrome also.

I will look into the 3M wraps. I also thought about doing a hydro dip (get a bowl of water, spray different colors of spray paint on top of each other. Then take a stick and swirl the colors then dip whatever you are dipping into the spray paint. Swish the water around to create a clear spot to bring your item out and it will have the different colors swirled on it). I have a deer skull from the deer I shot last year and doing a European mount (just the bare skull and antlers) in a hydro dip. Looks pretty cool once you get it done. YouTube it and you will see what I'm talking about if you don't know about it already. I could possibly do that. Wouldn't get much real estate on the RDA to get the different colors. Plus once you do it there is no going back to chrome.

Reactions: mongo74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread