RSST Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I will be getting my First Genny Friday, a RSST from Myvaporstore. I have read this whole thread and will use it as reference for building. Thanks for a Great thread.
I love my RSST.......dual coil......glass tank........I had another RSST that was single coil and plastic tank but the Red Hot Cinnamon..and menthol I use eats up the

plastic tank...............had it 3 years before it finally bit the dust........................Good Luck with your new RSST....I think you will love it......

Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Thanks Trucker. I'm supposed to be getting it delivered tomorrow (USPS), but a Blizzard is supposed to start tonight. Nutz !! I'm getting the Single coil/Plastic tank version, I wanted to try it out first, then If I get along with it I'll get a Glass version, or several. I ordered 325 & 450 Mesh along with the RSST (I have 400 Mesh for my Fev 3 and 4) already.

One question though, I couldn't tell from the pic's, but does the Mesh wick need a open center, or just roll it completely closed ? Straw or No Straw wick, I guess I should ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: thetrucker

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Thanks Trucker. I'm supposed to be getting it delivered tomorrow (USPS), but a Blizzard is supposed to start tonight. Nutz !! I'm getting the Single coil/Plastic tank version, I wanted to try it out first, then If I get along with it I'll get a Glass version, or several. I ordered 325 & 450 Mesh along with the RSST (I have 400 Mesh for my Fev 3 and 4) already.

One question though, I couldn't tell from the pic's, but does the Mesh wick need a open center, or just roll it completely closed ? Straw or No Straw wick, I guess I should ask.
I use both sometimes I will roll the mesh on a small needle and sometimes I just roll it solid.....does not seem to make much of a difference........I leave the fill

plug out so as to let air in and it seems to wick a lot better..........I like both the single coils and the dual coil models.........I use Red Hot Cinnamon and

Menthol..together and it seems to turn my plastic tanks to mush but if you use mild juices it should work pretty good for you....................................

These genesiss style atomizers are fun to build and fool around with.........hope yours comes soon..........................have fun.......I also use rolled up cotton

for wicks seems to be good all around........what ever you feel like.................good luck.......................thetrucker

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I use both sometimes I will roll the mesh on a small needle and sometimes I just roll it solid.....does not seem to make much of a difference........I leave the fill

plug out so as to let air in and it seems to wick a lot better..........I like both the single coils and the dual coil models.........I use Red Hot Cinnamon and

Menthol..together and it seems to turn my plastic tanks to mush but if you use mild juices it should work pretty good for you....................................

These genesiss style atomizers are fun to build and fool around with.........hope yours comes soon..........................have fun.......I also use rolled up cotton

for wicks seems to be good all around........what ever you feel like.................good luck.......................thetrucker

Thanks Trucker. I appreciate it very much. :thumbs:

If I may, The Red Hot Cinnamon is you're culprit for screwing up those plastic tanks, as I mix my own Menthol (crystals/PG @ 66%/34%) for a couple of years and have had no ill effects with my plastic tanks, others have reported back to me the same results. Citrus and Spice flavors will Kill a plastic tank though (others have reported to me). I use either Unflavored, Unflavored/Arabic tobacco, and Unflavored/Menthol are the 3 flavors that I use and so far after about 2.5 years I have had No problems at all with my Plastic tanks (one of them being a ErlK). Anyways, thought I'd share that with you.

I will try both of you're methods with my RSST, with a pin and without a pin. Thanks again Trucker.

Last edited:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Thanks Trucker. I appreciate it very much. :thumbs:

If I may, The Red Hot Cinnamon is you're culprit for screwing up those plastic tanks, as I mix my own Menthol (crystals/PG @ 66%/34%) for a couple of years and have had no ill effects with my plastic tanks, others have reported back to me the same results. Citrus and Spice flavors will Kill a plastic tank though (others have reported to me). I use either Unflavored, Unflavored/Arabic tobacco, and Unflavored/Menthol are the 3 flavors that I use and so far after about 2.5 years I have had No problems at all with my Plastic tanks (one of them being a ErlK). Anyways, thought I'd share that with you.

I will try both of you're methods with my RSST, with a pin and without a pin. Thanks again Trucker.

Thanks for sharing your experience...about the juices ...........my cinnamon is too hot for plastic.....lol........love the cinnamon and menthol together......just have to

keep my cinnamon for my glass tanks and away from anything .....flammable.........LOL..........

I will be interested in hearing how you make out with the RSST.......................................thetrucker

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Looks like USPS has detoured my RSST to another completely different city, and different zip code altogether, so I guess I won't have it till sometime next week. :facepalm: Yes Sir, I will get back to you, When, USPS gets their act together. This is the second time in the last 3 months that USPS has shipped my vape gear Past me and almost to Wisconsin.

Last edited:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Looks like USPS has detoured my RSST to another completely different city, and different zip code altogether, so I guess I won't have it till sometime next week. :facepalm: Yes Sir, I will get back to you, When, USPS gets their act together. This is the second time in the last 3 months that USPS has shipped my vape gear Past me and almost to Wisconsin.

Is'nt that the way it goes................murphys law..........if it was a bill from somebody it would be delivered on time................................

Well have patients and things will improve................and your vape mail will be here before you know it............

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I finally got my Plastic tank, single coil RSST up and going, here's the specs. of my build;

I first drilled my air hole out to 1.25mm, then washed the whole Genny real good.

Wick = SS 316L, 325 Mesh, 70mm long x 35mm tall (I did not torch the mesh before I stuck it into my coil but I made sure that all my coils were glowing after I inserted my mesh wick). Did I make a mistake in doing it that way ? My first mesh build (outside of my Fev's that is) and I missed a step, dang it.

Coil = 3mm dia. x 6 wraps of 30g Twisted Kanthal A-1 @ 1.5xΩ @ 14 Watts

How does it vape ? I'm figuring that I might have to run a tank thru the build before I get what I am looking for (I just got it built), but, It is vapeable as is. I'm vaping a Unflavored 50/50 mix with Hangsen's Arabic HS NET at 1.5%.

Last edited:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I finally got my Plastic tank, single coil RSST up and going, here's the specs. of my build;

I first drilled my air hole out to 1.25mm, then washed the whole Genny real good.

Wick = SS 316L, 325 Mesh, 70mm long x 35mm tall (I did not torch the mesh before I stuck it into my coil but I made sure that all my coils were glowing after I inserted my mesh wick). Did I make a mistake in doing it that way ? My first mesh build (outside of my Fev's that is) and I missed a step, dang it.

Coil = 3mm dia. x 6 wraps of 30g Twisted Kanthal A-1 @ 1.5xΩ @ 14 Watts

How does it vape ? I'm figuring that I might have to run a tank thru the build before I get what I am looking for (I just got it built), but, It is vapeable as is. I'm vaping a Unflavored 50/50 mix with Hangsen's Arabic HS NET at 1.5%.
Glad to hear you got your RSST.......................sounds like you have got it right......if you are getting

good vapor................lots of fun......to work with these gennisiss style atomizers.........now if I could spell.....

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I got Flavor now Trucker, a lot of it. I'm watching a lot of Old Genny videos and am learning more and more. I'm going to see if I can keep track of how long my build lasts in this thing (my Smok RSST). So far I have 3 tank fulls thru it, 02-28-17 @ 2341 Hrs. Sorry, 03-01-17 (I forgot to reset my watch, it doesn't roll over automatically).

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
After viewing multiple You Tube Videos, it looks like I built my RSST using 2 different methods, the Petar-K method and the Pulse method. It seems to work pretty good though. I pulsed it on my Presa TC 100 at about 15 watts in Power mode. I like it, It's a good combination. Now I am looking at getting more Gennies.

Last edited:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
After viewing multiple You Tube Videos, it looks like I built my RSST using 2 different methods, the Perar-K method and the Pulse method. It seems to work pretty good though. I pulsed it on my Presa TC 100 at about 15 watts in Power mode. I like it, It's a good combination. I am looking at getting more Gennies.
It sounds like you are have a lot of fun with this thing............I love mine.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread