Need Help with my Ijust S

Status
Not open for further replies.

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
I have an i just s battery and used it with a triton 2 tank with a .5ohm clapton coil, worked without issue, I don't see why you would have a problem.

I have a smok v8 stick and took the tank off (big baby beast) and put it on the ijust s battery with a .15ohm coil in it and that works fine as well.

Maybe you just have a tank that get hot quickly due to it's design.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I target 0.5ohms for RDAs. That's about my level. The iJust S can handle that comfortably.
However, you might not get a great vape on that (hard to say) as you can't control the watts (or volts) on the iJust S. Also, as the battery runs down, you'll lose vapor.
I'd be tempted to shoot for a little less if you can, but you're going to need a meter to check it unless you buy a mod that will read the resistance.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I'd guess that your build may have the wire coils close to the outer housing on your Hunter and that is why it is heating up so much. Possibly using smaller coils, repositioning them, and/or making sure your airflow is unrestricted may alleviate the problem.

I'd agree with djsvapour that the Ijust mod won't do your Hunter justice in terms of getting the best vape from it. Safe it is though.

Reactions: djsvapour

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I recently bought a Royal Hunter RDA for my Ijust S and build a .5 ohm single coil.
The thing is I dont know how safe is to use an rda on this device or how many ohms is recommended for the Ijust.
the atomizer gets hot quickly and I want to know how safe that is.
Please help
Welcome and glad you joined. Good query, just continue be careful and safe.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread