Vapor smells bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Some of the honey tobacco flavors taste great but leave a horrendous stench in the air on exhale. It would help to know what type of e-liquid you're using.

Little off topic. When I first started vaping I received a sample of a juice with a order, all I remember is that it had a eagle on the label and it was a tobacco. Sitting in the car vaping, enjoying this new juice then my wife sat in the car and she almost barfed cause she said it smells like locker room feet. I've come across a few vendor juices that have had questionable exhale smells that my wife lets me know, then straight into the bin they go.
The variances of why its tasting burnt has pretty well been answered

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
yes im priming the wick, and dry burn the coils before wicking. The smell is getting worse after like 20-30~ puffs. Im using aramax(watermelon, max cream , energy) and liqua(banana milkshake) liquids from fasttech
Welcome and glad you joined. Sounds to me it just the juice your using. Could try a new coil/wick and juice. Please let us know it the problem goes away.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
maybe im getting dry hits but i cant taste it because of liquid?

Grab a piece of cotton cloth and light a corner of it on fire then blow it out and take a very small smell of the smoke still rising from it. That is what a dry hit is like. Once you experience it you would never forget it and never mix it up with anything else. No juice could hide the bad taste.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
If you were getting dry hits, you would know it. Your throat almost closes up on you from breathing in hell fire feeling. Yet you say the vape tastes fine, just smells bad? Does the liquid it self taste ok to you? (yes, it is ok to put some on your finger and taste it)
Is your cotton burnt at all when you pull it out to rewick it? Are you making sure you have no hot spots on your coil when you dry burn it? Are you rinsing your coil after you dry burn it?

Too many variables here with unanswered questions.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
It's just the nature of some liquids. Some taste good but smell bad...others smell bad but taste good.

Perfect example: I have an apple pie flavored e liquid here that smells like my grandmothers moisturizer, but vapes like an apple pie tastes. On the contrary, I have a blueberry slush type of liquid here that smells amazing yet vapes like perfume...stinky perfume...

Stainless steel coils help greatly, but they won't magically turn ptooey e-liquid into vaping gold. Best of luck!

Last edited:

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
What mongo said ^ :thumb:

I once got something for my husband ... as I remember, a honey applejack tobacco flavor?, and it was horrendous for the smell. Tasted great, but smelled like hot wet dying dog. I wouldn't let him vape it in the house, and all his friends who have no problem with vaping generally, complained. It was naaaaasty.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It's weird. most of my DIY is some sort of caramel or vanilla variation, or a strawberry if I want sweet. I've even asked folks around me when I'm vaping any they tell me there's no odor at all, and my recipes run around 10% total.

I do have a honey tobacco, but never tried blowing it in someone's face to gauge reaction to that one.

ASilver

Apr 12, 2016
Athens
my routine in the continuous burn test.
1. Wash with hot water and soap the atty and dry it.
Inspect it for any malfunctions missing parts etc.
2. Wrapping a kanthal coil at 1.0 Ω 1.2Ω max
3. Wicking and priming with 50-50 vg/pg base no flavors
4. Use a 100% charged battery and test run it at 16W max with a mod that you are sure that works fine.

If the problem is still there then you face either
1. A problematic liquid flow
2. Poor wire quality
3. To much cotton

If no problem appears then change to your favorite coil and liquid and test it again.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
All roads seem to lead to Rome here that this particular juice just stank. Could be @canttouchthiss that you're just particularly smell sensitive to something about the recipe, or just plain flavor sensitive. Before expensive and time consuming attempts to cure it with hardware, I'd try an alternative juice or just plain VG. First clean your rig real well, fresh batt (of adequate amps) and make sure all your connects are dry and solid.

Mention the amps because over-driving a batt is an often overlooked cause of the sour vape we most associate with bad wind, connect issues. Seen it too many times to count.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread