Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Thanks but I can't afford a Nuppin on my best day. I'll just continue to use tanks when I'm out and about and just squonk when I'm at home. Squonking for me is more of a treat than an all day, every day thing. :)
I thought the same thing, myself. Then I looked at all the money I wasted not getting what I needed.

I've spent more on $40 atties and don't use any of them. Don't even know all what I have.

But then, all I do is BF.

Tapatyped

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Question: has anyone had whizzing issues using cotton balls for wicking? I know, I know I should be buying that celucotton from Sally's but it's a distance away so been using cotton balls. Most of the time I use stock coils.

I thought it was environmental at first because the pollen has been horrid lately but I've never had issues with that before and I noticed it only happens when I vape this tank for a few hours that has a coil I rewicked with a cotton ball.
Like whizzing on the electric fence?

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: you know that pic isn't appropriate

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Ok oops. Wrong spelling. I meant wheezing. :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Has anything else changed?

Since you're in to nice and simple (me too), you might give this a try. Cotton 500-Foot Cooking Twine Using a bead needle, or a short length of Kanthal, it's very easy to pull it into the coil. If I remember correctly, this brand has 8 threads and I used 4 (doubled to 8 inside the coil) and 3 (double to 6) for the flavor wicks.

I've also used the same "bead needle" technique with silica rope.

Thanks. That looks interesting. Even better I can get it 2 miles from home.

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Reactions: DavidOck

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
You should take it out of your pocket and vape it, at least once in a while!!!:confused: Just being silly, but I couldn't resist.
You make a very good point about a well draining atty, I love my Chalice lll, so much so that I bought two more.
Great atty if you like a TIGHT draw and don't over squonk.

Bought mine for the wife.

Unfortunately, too tight even for her.

Fortunately, I got it on clearance.

Tapatyped

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Awesome software. Gives a Joyetech/Wismec/iStick all the features of a DNA...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Been meaning to try this out. Once my second Pico gets here in case I somehow manage to brick it.

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Thank you
If you try the firmware please report to the group from a tootle puffer point of view. The fine tuning and logo features don't interest me. My mods are doing reliable TC. That's good enough for me. But if the dark days come and I have to work with mods with dead screens it would be nice to have PC access so a mod can be kept in service without the screen.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
If you try the firmware please report to the group from a tootle puffer point of view. The fine tuning and logo features don't interest me. My mods are doing reliable TC. That's good enough for me. But if the dark days come and I have to work with mods with dead screens it would be nice to have PC access so a mod can be kept in service without the screen.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I have never tried squonking but it intrigues me how it can beat a well performing RTA. The juice is supplied fresh in both. The added pain of having to squeeze it to get the same fresh juice totally confuses me.

In a tank juice is literally being slow cooked every time you fire your mod. With a squonker the juice is in and out of the atomizer quickly.

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Please help me with what I need to download. I went to nfeteam.org and clicked on "download arcticfox". Which of the files do I download? There no .exe in there. Only a .bin and a source code?

Then there is also a "download nfe toolbox" button. Clicking on that brings up NFirmwareEditor-v6.5.0.zip. I saw no .exe file in that zip either.

How the heck do I install that software?

Users who are viewing this thread