OBS Engine NANO RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Yes, big ID coil, to match the airflow slots in chamber, and lowering the airflow, atleast for simple coils, seems to be key with this tank as speculated by daniel in his youtube review. I use 3.5mm, as have no 4mm mandrels yet, so haven't tried higher. This tank is such a joy to build and wick, easiest yet i've tried... The counter-clockwise to me is totally irrelevant... I used to build like that often in RDA's without velocity-decks anyway, to not cramp the wick at the left negative post.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
4mm ID seems to be easily doable with this tank/deck.
Guess I'll go get a 4mm machine screw and have at it next month.
I've had 3 metals and several size changes on the deck over the 3 days for testing.
My lovely coil assistant coiled and wicked so often a homemade cinnamon roll breakfast was in order.

For now, it's a 3.5mm ID, 27ga 430SS, 7/6 wrap, 6mm cotton build that is vaping great at .55 ohms.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I ordered this tank today. The single coil, top airflow, and lack of juice flow were the deciding factors for me. I've been having a lot of leaking with my Merlin RTA.

I ordered from Myvapestore. The last time I ordered from them I got my package in two days so I hope that happens again!

Edit: What's this about backwards coil wrap? How should I wrap the coil? I watched a couple reviews and they didn't say the coil needed to be wrapped counter clockwise. Maybe they were using the coil that came with the Engine Nano.

I'm going to be using 26 gauge stainless steel. The inside of the coil will be around 2.77mm.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Looking across the deck towards the two posts, the hole on the left is higher than the one on the right. A coil wrapped CCW naturally lends itself to the left leg being higher.

A CW coil would work fine, you just end up with a couple of extra mm of coil leg; no harm, just a little more "dead" wire (not contributing to heating the wick).

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I've had my OBS Engine Nano for several days and so far, I'm really liking it. Easy to build, easy to wick and I really like the re-designed airflow from the original dual coil Engines. No dry hits and a nice moist vape. The build deck is nice and simple to build. I've always been a fan of the OBS top side fill port, big fill port and easy to fill.

I've been using the included clapton coil and it's pretty decent. It reads at 0.34 and I'm running it at 36 w. The flavor has been good, maybe not quite as good as my Merlin, but pretty close. I've run at least 15 tank fulls through it and the flavor has definitely improved after the first couple, guess it needed a little break in time. I've run several different types of flavors, fruits, creams/custards, bakery and they all tasted great. Overall, I've been very happy and it's moved up to the top of my rotation. I really would like to see a 23mm version, cmon OBS, make it happen!

obsnano1_zps4u2bpxqs.jpg

obsnano3_zpsottndjhz.jpg

Here's a OBS family portrait, they all look similar except for where the OBS is stamped on the top cap. From L to R Sub 25mm, 25mm RTA, Mini, Nano
obsnano5_zpsulj2u2fo.jpg

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I've had my OBS Engine Nano for several days and so far, I'm really liking it. Easy to build, easy to wick and I really like the re-designed airflow from the original dual coil Engines. No dry hits and a nice moist vape. The build deck is nice and simple to build. I've always been a fan of the OBS top side fill port, big fill port and easy to fill.

I've been using the included clapton coil and it's pretty decent. It reads at 0.34 and I'm running it at 36 w. The flavor has been good, maybe not quite as good as my Merlin, but pretty close. I've run at least 15 tank fulls through it and the flavor has definitely improved after the first couple, guess it needed a little break in time. I've run several different types of flavors, fruits, creams/custards, bakery and they all tasted great. Overall, I've been very happy and it's moved up to the top of my rotation. I really would like to see a 23mm version, cmon OBS, make it happen!

obsnano1_zps4u2bpxqs.jpg

obsnano3_zpsottndjhz.jpg

Here's a OBS family portrait, they all look similar except for where the OBS is stamped on the top cap. From L to R Sub 25mm, 25mm RTA, Mini, Nano
obsnano5_zpsulj2u2fo.jpg
How do you like your R150? I love mine

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
My first mistake with the nano, I overfilled it. At first I thought how is this thing leaking??? Blonde moment. Ive been playing around with juices and coils at 3.5 and 4mm. Tonight I did a 2mm 8 wrap .76 28/36ga spaced clapton. Put some The Pier CWC in the nano and a baby beast with Q2 .4 coil. HUGE difference in taste. With the nano and clapton coffee right away. With the baby beast just sweetness, a little caramel maybe. With the bigger coils(3.5 and 4mm) I did the same comparison with the baby beast and some strawberry I have. Really not that much of a difference in flavor with those. Not sure why the smaller diameter made a huge difference, but I love it!

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I know we discussed this briefly on page 9 of this thread but does anyone know the exact size hex screwdriver for the nano? I want to get a smaller kit of hex drivers like 3 to 5 piece. Want sizes do I need for general RTA use? Thanks!:toast:
Not sure on the size for this tank but this set does all I need.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
The ball hex is slightly more forgiving in how accurate you have to be inserting the driver. I use the two smaller drivers of the Bondhus set all the time.

I do believe I've heard of at least one tank that uses one size smaller, perhaps 0.9mm, but I've not needed smaller.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
The Amazon kit that you linked previously is a ball hex is that the same? I don't understand the difference between the ball hex & hex. The set @Fozzy71 linked is nice but it's expensive. The one you linked is only $14.51.
wiha is a fairly hi end tool company. I also had to buy a pouch for those for another 5 or 10 bucks so if u can find cheaper and cost is an issue then go the cheaper route assuming they are well reviewed. I dont have any ball hex but they can be a bit easier to work with, as long as they are high quality and wont get rounded off edges over time.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

stoprealones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009

obsnano1_zps4u2bpxqs.jpg

obsnano3_zpsottndjhz.jpg

obsnano5_zpsulj2u2fo.jpg

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Thanks! It's beautiful but ouch $25

I bought two Bondhus 1.5mm long hex drivers for $US 0.39 each. They are like the ones that came with the tank, but high quality steel and much longer than the one that came with the tank. They are long enough to make a big difference in their use and being from a reputable tool maker, won't round off after a few uses.
I got these at a local True Value, so they should be available nearly anywhere.
They are lovely coil assistant approved as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread