Love this place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
Hi! I just wanted to create an account here. Throughout my switch from cigs to vaping in the past 2 months anytime I googled a question I found my answer here, plus SO much more info I didn't even know that I needed. It's really hard for me because where I live NO ONE has switched to vaping. I am surrounded by life long smokers or non smokers, that give uneducated, unsolicited advice about exploding batteries , water saturated lungs, and ' that thing' always being in my hand. So I :wub: it here. Thank you!

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Hi! I just wanted to create an account here. Throughout my switch from cigs to vaping in the past 2 months anytime I googled a question I found my answer here, plus SO much more info I didn't even know that I needed. It's really hard for me because where I live NO ONE has switched to vaping. I am surrounded by life long smokers or non smokers, that give uneducated, unsolicited advice about exploding batteries , water saturated lungs, and ' that thing' always being in my hand. So I :wub: it here. Thank you!
And thank you for visiting..

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Welcome aboard.

There are a lot of lies about vaping.

Formaldehyde, people getting hurt when the batteries blow up and many more i will take those two.

In New York they wanted to tax the ____ out of vaping the so called scientist modified tge mod to vape at almost 1,100 degrees. A temp NO one in their right mind would USS. And found formaldehyde.

Batteries blowing up. Yes batteries will blow up if repeatedly abused.

Almost every case of a mod blowing up the vaper was using a mech mod and either had a dead short, or was trying to pull 30 amps out of a 20 amp battery ,( BG building stupid low resistance).

If you used regulated mods and don't abuse your battery you wont have a problem.

If you want to learn the truth about vaping. Search the net for what the Royal College of Physicians, and Dr. Farsalino has to say about vaping then you may be able to educate those smokers.

I smoked for 38 years tried everything to quit except Chantix. Nothing worked. I found vaping almost 4 years and only had two cigarettes since then.

Learned how to DIY my eJuice and build my coils., abd 14 months ago today went COMPLETELY nicotine free..

Vaping is a good thing and a great thing if vapers use tge Gray matter between their ears. And its not that hard.

Learn Ohms law, and battery safety and. Don't have much of anything to worry about.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Hi and Welcome- same reasons why I joined the forum! No one I know in RL is a vaper and get the same dangerous stories from friends and family while they smoke cigarettes! They flood my FB page with the worst web stories- forgetting that cigarettes are way more deadly!
I quit my 30+ year cigarette addiction by Gas Station cigalikes and sheer will power- that was over 2 years ago- in the last year I have upped to better gear and really enjoying my vape journey!

frosc

Jan 23, 2017
welcome aboard!
The people here have been really helpful!

I'm also getting alot of those "uninformed opinions" from friends and relatives alike about e-cigs (exploding batteries, unknown/dangerous chemicals in ejuice, yadda yadda) some even said "you're better off smoking"... and i'm like "what..?"
but hey, vape on and do what you think is best for you!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
In case you missed:
Draft law to save vaping gathers steam in Congress - Vaping.com - Your One Stop Vapor Shop
Reform FDA’s Deeming Regulations in First 100 Days of Trump Administration | Americans for Tax Reform

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
Welcome @LemonVapeFreak!

Yes, a very great bunch of folks here. Lots of support, and lots of resources to answer your questions. With regard to the "nay-sayers", point them to THIS: https://www.heartland.org/_template-assets/documents/publications/Vaping E-Cigarettes and Public Policy.pdf

There are a number of studies, predominately from the UK at this time, which indicate that vaping is SUBSTANTIALLY SAFER than smoking. If only our own FDA would do a little research themselves.....
Hi Lemonfreak & welcome
Hard to find a good lemon vape though as many are just too perfumy for my liking and yet I love the taste of lemon, one of my favorites.
Hi Lemonfreak & welcome
Hard to find a good lemon vape though as many are just too perfumy for my liking and yet I love the taste of lemon, one of my favorites.
I have had a hard time but I ended up mixing a 30 ml lemon meringue with a 10 ml straight up sour lemon and fell in love. I did stop at a vape store (where the dude didn't talk in layman's terms so 90 % went over my head) but I asked for a lemon dessert type and it was great but it was $35 for 60ml..I coulda went through it in 2 days! So I'm still experimenting with diff brands. If you find any let me know.

Reactions: DingerCPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread