Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
You would not believe the things people try to refund, or just walk out with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Trust me, I believe ya. I bought a toilet seat at our local Lowe's recently. When I got home and opened the box I discovered that someone had apparently bought the seat and then put their old toilet seat in the box, resealed the box, and returned it... :eek: Seriously, who does this!?! o_O

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
I had a roommate who would buy a package of chicken parts, eat one or two, then exchange them for new, saying they tasted sort'a rotten.

confused_zps06cba800.gif

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Trust me, I believe ya. I bought a toilet seat at our local Lowe's recently. When I got home and opened the box I discovered that someone had apparently bought the seat and then put their old toilet seat in the box, resealed the box, and returned it... :eek: Seriously, who does this!?! o_O
Uck! But that kind of thing is that they warn you about in training.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I was beginning to think think the winner would be the one pushed across the finish line.
Todays is just as bad. I don't know about this 5 min rule and go to the garage your out of the race. All of the ones I was rooting for are out of the race.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Huh heres a funny, Ginny went to the ladies bathroom and said the person ahead of her was the type that won't sit on the toilet seat and she peed all over the seat. She gets so mad about that.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Women's restrooms can be quite disgusting.

On a brighter note...

I love-love-love this commercial :

I love that commercial! My BIL used to love gummy bears. A couple of times I sent him giant bags for his birthday. One. Card said it was so he could nibble their toes & bite off their heads. The next time the card just said repeat.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Maybe they should do how I have been trained over many years to do. Lift the seat up before and put it down when leaving. Only took about 20 years to get that. If they aren't going to use it then at least be courteous.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

It's endless what sh#t people will do. I bought a 5 gal container of motor oil at Walmart. When I went to use it, it was 'already used'. Someone dumped their old oil into the container and returned it, then Walmart put it back on the shelf. Sheez!

I had a roommate who would buy a package of chicken parts, eat one or two, then exchange them for new, saying they tasted sort'a rotten. It was embarrassing, but I had no choice at the time.

Not all that uncommon. A good friend was the manager in the meat department of a major name grocery store. Their meat was 'guaranteed' if you didn't like it bring it back. He said many people returned the carcass of their Thanksgiving Turkey cleaned to the bone wanting a refund because it didn't taste good.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
He said many people returned the carcass of their Thanksgiving Turkey cleaned to the bone wanting a refund because it didn't taste good.

I got a good chuckle from this - the bad part is that this is probably more common than someone would think...

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Huh heres a funny, Ginny went to the ladies bathroom and said the person ahead of her was the type that won't sit on the toilet seat and she peed all over the seat. She gets so mad about that.
Unconscionable! And, they flush with the bottom of their shoes so they don't have to touch the handle, but others have to touch the dirt off the bottom of their shoes. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it.

Bring flushable wipes, people! Makes the world a better place for you AND for others!

On a brighter note...

I love-love-love this commercial :

Adorable!
Their meat was 'guaranteed' if you didn't like it bring it back. He said many people returned the carcass of their Thanksgiving Turkey cleaned to the bone wanting a refund because it didn't taste good.
By eating it all, they've proven it was good. I don't understand why they got a refund.

Is a conscience as rare as common sense?! That includes the people at Walmart who didn't care about putting $*?-(* back on the shelf.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
Uck! But that kind of thing is that they warn you about in training.

I once worked as a cashier in a grocery store and the mgrs always stressed to be sure to pull all items off the bottom of the cart when checking out a customer. A very common swindle was hiding things under cases of beverages, can't tell ya how many packages of bacon seemed to find their way under the Cokes and beer. :rolleyes:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
We get people who bring a leash back - this just broke! Well, the tooth marks tell. We don't guarantee against the person putting the dog in a crate with the leash still attached! Or, I bought this collar 2 years ago and it broke. Well, the leather was pulled so thin and worn, duh! Or I just bought this and it broke, well, it is all stretched and worn, you didn't just buy it. Then there is the classic - I bought this from you at such and such show and it broke. Well, funny thing is we weren't at that show! Not my product!

I long ago stopped repairing other people's crappie work.

People can get so rude, ya wonder. I prefer dogs.

The photographer at the coursing trial got some great pics of Geordi. Once my payment is processed I will post a few. Such determination and joy! I got him a few "fun runs" this weekend. Don't count toward a title but he got to run and chase bags. This is a venue where if the dog loves it you just pay money for more runs and advanced titles. Not me! I just read about the first dog ever to get a CAT 10. 250 runs. At minimum of $25 per run, figure it out. Over $6,000! Na, we got a title, the rest is fun. A "fun run" cost $5 one day when the AKC rep was there and they had to dot their i's and cross their t's, but the rest were free. Helps that the woman who owns his CH courseing aunt was the judge. :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
In case anyone's worried, I just texted with Deb. She can't get to a computer right now.

She's in pain and resting on the couch, away from the computer. But, she's still alert and ok.
Thanks for the update, Dancing!

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Many, many, many years ago I worked full time at the service desk at Kmart. It was in the big open area at the front entrance. Everyone that came in had to pass by it. There was a customer that came in on a weekly basis. Everytime time she came in she would stretch out her left arm, point at me, & with her nose in the air, prounce her opinion. "YOU are RUDE.", & march on into the store. Ivd just smile at her. I'd never had any interaction with this woman at all. She did this from the first time I lay eyes on her until I quit 2 years later. About 3 or 4 years later I returned to that store in a mangement position. She was still coming in like clock work. She saw me one day & did her thing at me. To this day I have no clue what made her dislike me!

Since you don't work there anymore... ask next time you see her. I knew one lady that did that to a store person when we went into the local Target... when I asked her why she said that the store person had cut her off in the parking lot. Bet the store person never even knew he had done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread