Vaporesso VECO top-fill tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
As to my Veco 2ml tank, it is quite silent compared with my Estoc Mega tanks, which tend to gurgle after refilling, when the liquid holes were not fully covered with liquid.
At that, but not being bad, the Estoc tanks are noisier, possibly due to their bottom AFC.
The Estoc Mega on my Nebula will have to be replaced with a Veco Plus asap.
I hate tanks which make a whisteling noise while drawing.

Last edited:
Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
^^ Thanks for the reply/information, seems this is the route I am going to go, veco tank with ceramic coils and BTW how do you clean your ceramic coils, do you soak them or us an ultrasonic cleaner??
Mostly I boil them in water (microwave) and then use a little dental brush to clean the gunk off the wire but I have also used the US cleaner on them. Ceramic cleans up so nicely. You won't be disappointed. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yes, I bought 10 EUC coils each traditional and ceramic.
My experience so far tells me that they will serve me well into 2018 and possibly later.

As to TPD2 (EU tobacco product directive), it has a wrong name. The liquids we're using in e-cigarettes (which is a bad name also) are no tobacco products.
Imagine, that as of 2017-05-20, I am no longer able to buy any fluid, including base fluids, in containers above 10ml, at a high price.
Thus, I buy 1000ml base fluids with 18mg/ml nicotine (1.8%) as long as I can. Alas, my pharmacy shop two corners away is able to deliver liters of 85% 1,2,3-Propanetriol (Glycerol) beyond the before mentioned date, which I can use to thin down my remaining stock of base fluids to the desired nicotine level.

Sorry for writing off topic partially.

Regards,
aLyr
I'm so glad you are preparing for that ridiculous regulation you guys are facing. It just makes me so mad that vaping products are lumped in with tobacco. There is such a difference between combustible tobacco and nicotine steam. It's crazy to me! I really hope all of us see some reversals of these regulations this year.

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
You're right, cooladdict.

The EU TPD2 implementation in my country is just ridiculous.
We all know that liquids for e-cigarettes are not tobacco products.
All I can do now before the landmark of 2017-05-20 is buying several liters of base fluid with high nicotine content, if still available, my pharmacy shop helping me to thin it down with 85% 123-Propanetriol without nicotine. But this will take me hardly until 2019 or 2020.
After 2017-05-20 the price of liquids will rise in my country; furthermore, my country will possibly establish taxes on liquids in 2018, which might turn vapers back to smoking cigarettes.
Very poor.

I just ordered 5 liters of base liquid with 18mg/ml nicotine content equalling 1,8%, at a price of 200€ (~$211).
This will take me some years ahead.

Best regards,
aLyr

Post written on 2017-02-27T06:29+01:00
Your timezone is UTC-08:00.

Last edited:

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
aLyr: yes, I am aware of the dia difference between the 2ml and 4ml versions.

cooladdict: I thought so with regards to the boiled water and a soak. I have used this method on various coils to extend the life a bit. With organic cotton coils, I let them sit on top of my living room heater for days to dry out 100% before using them again. With regard to ceramic, what is the dry time needed? I would imagine you could clean the ceramic coils more than once?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation

cooladdict: I thought so with regards to the boiled water and a soak. I have used this method on various coils to extend the life a bit. With organic cotton coils, I let them sit on top of my living room heater for days to dry out 100% before using them again. With regard to ceramic, what is the dry time needed? I would imagine you could clean the ceramic coils more than once?
I let mine dry out for at least a full day before I use them again, and longer if they contain a lot of cotton (like the Starre Pure coils). The fully ceramic ones don't require a long dry time but I HATE vaping wet cotton, lol! I have't reused an EUC coil head right after a cleaning, though. I have quite a few of them so I switch off between a cleaned one and a new one, so it's been a month or more before I reuse one. I'm sure they can be cleaned more than once. I may actually have tried that and not realized it, lol!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation

I wish I had gone with 18 mg nic base. I got a liter of 100 mg nic in VG over a year ago and I haven't even opened the package yet, lol! I vape at 3 mg and that base will last me a long time and will need to be stored in the freezer once it's opened so I just keep buying lower mg nic base and using that. Someday I will get around to cracking open that giant bottle of 100 mg! :D

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I wish I had gone with 18 mg nic base. I got a liter of 100 mg nic in VG over a year ago and I haven't even opened the package yet, lol! I vape at 3 mg and that base will last me a long time and will need to be stored in the freezer once it's opened so I just keep buying lower mg nic base and using that. Someday I will get around to cracking open that giant bottle of 100 mg! :D

Just remember, if things really go down the tubes thanks to government regulations, you'll be very grateful that liter of 100 mg nic is in your freezer.

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
Guys,

For now because I am getting my boss into vaping, I am ordering (2) veco one kits with the veco tank.

The same website offers additional coils, .4ohm clapton and .5ohm ss ceramic. The kit only comes with .3ohm claptons. Will the .4 and .5 coils work with this kit since it only comes with the .3ohm?

I went ahead with the order and will give it all a whirl. Got one for my boss as well, he is currently using a brit one mini I got for him but he is looking for a tad more vapor which I think the veco one will provide.

Last edited:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Just remember, if things really go down the tubes thanks to government regulations, you'll be very grateful that liter of 100 mg nic is in your freezer.
That's exactly why I got it! It was last year before the regs took effect. Just in case. Better safe than sorry, right?? :)

Reactions: Eskie

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Guys,

For now because I am getting my boss into vaping, I am ordering (2) veco one kits with the veco tank.

The same website offers additional coils, .4ohm clapton and .5ohm ss ceramic. The kit only comes with .3ohm claptons. Will the .4 and .5 coils work with this kit since it only comes with the .3ohm?

I went ahead with the order and will give it all a whirl. Got one for my boss as well, he is currently using a brit one mini I got for him but he is looking for a tad more vapor which I think the veco one will provide.
Wow, that's so sweet of you to do for your boss! :) Yes, all of the EUC coils will fit in the VECO tank. My tank came with a .2 ohm Clapton and a .6 ohm ceramic. Vaporesso doesn't even have all of the different coils on their website! This is the list they have, and the .2 ohm coil I am running right now didn't make the list! I think there is also a .25 ohm coil out there somewhere...

EUC coil types.PNG

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The whole point of the EUC coils was to lower cost by decreasing waste of the parts of a coil that don't need to be tossed. When I bought my 0.5 ohm SS ceramic, they came with a BVC sleeve so I'm using it in a Super tank (the whole point of Atlantis style compatibility). But if replacement packs are going to be 5 for the same price as a ten pack it pretty well defeats the whole "better value" marketing thing about EUC coils.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
It's weird... The EUC coils for the ESTOC are sold in packs of 10, while the new EUC coils aimed at the Veco are in packs of 5. In Canada, both packs types cost roughly the same.
I know it! There are so many options with these coils it's crazy. Not sure why the 5 pack costs the same as a 10 pack, though!

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
In my country, a 10-pack of EUC spare coils is available for ~$12..$15 (except for some shops asking $20), ceramic SS316 being ~$1 higher than traditional clapton coils.

To date, in my 3 Vaporesso tanks, the ceramic SS316 EUC coils have lasted 36, 47, and 54 days without having to be replaced. OK, I am using 6 e-cigarettes in turn each day in equal intervals. The EUC coils may thus not have been aged long enough during use.
At my scheme of usage, I expect my two 10-packs of EUC replacement coils for 3 tanks to last far into 2018 or even later.

Regards,
aLyr

PS: This may be too early for me to judge the longevity of EUC coils yet; I have been using a Triton Mini 1.2Ω Kanthal head in my Aspire Plato for more than 100 days by now, still working well. The one before had to be replaced after two months of usage; but at that time, I had two e-cigarettes including tank already.

Message sent on 2017-03-06T22:17+01:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread