I hear ya... I'll leave the extracting to others also... at least for now. :D

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Decaf update... maybe... :D

This morning, I believe I was hit with some other caffeine withdraw symptoms, at least that is my guess. When I got up, I was really dizzy... that flu or fever strong kind of dizzy without any of the other symptoms that come with those. In addition, I was also feeling pretty foggy. If I'm correct, I'll probably quit buying regular coffee because these are not fun to go through. I'll probably still have a regular cup at other places, just not at home or at work ( I'd planned to have it at work previously, not I'm not so sure ).

This morning, I took off of work since the dizziness was so bad... I also went back to bed a little after 10am, just to see if it was partly due to staying up late last night ( tweaking on the new color tables for the radar p-typing, ya gotta take advantage of when the right conditions are happening and it didn't happen until late last night/early morning ). After I got back up a little bit after noon, I did feel a little less foggy but the dizziness was still going pretty good. While napping, I also had a dream about the issue and in it, I remembered about going decaf and thought it may be something to check into. So when I got up, I brewed up two cups of regular... after finishing them a little bit ago... most of the dizziness and fogginess have dropped to a tolerable level.

I"m probably going to take another nap before supper time... I'm also trying to decide if I'm going to brew up more regular coffee or not for later... I've got almost a 1/2 pot of decaf that I'd planned on drinking and I really don't want to stretch out how long detoxing the caffeine from my system but I also don't want to have this dizziness hanging around very long ( I can handle the fogginess some ).

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
too much werks fer me
0052.gif

It did for me also... until I started having too many restless nights trying to get to sleep.. Still, I was probably over doing it since I would drink coffee from the time I got up until I went to bed.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I can never do any Latakia ... period.

Latakia is a very smokey ( think campfire like ) and rich blend of tobacco's originally from the Sirian/Balkan area of Asia that is smoke cured from specific types of wood found in that area ( it's the wood that is almost extinct now and makes it harder to find a good source of ). That is what most people say, and love about the flavor... unfortunately I'm weird. My chemical taster is all messed up on this one, instead I taste an almost iodine like flavor for some odd reason.

Yimmie carried one called "Dark Fire Cured" that I think was using a burley tobacco ( just a guess ) that suited well for a substitute for latakia me. It was a single varietal ( one type of leaf ) and usually mixed into a pipe or other tobacco mix... although it was still pretty nice on it's own.

Extracting the flavor from the tobacco is a relatively simple process but it's also a little time consuming. Most extract using PG although some are using VG if they can be patient enough when filtering it later. A "hot" extraction provides a bolder flavor while a cold extraction is more nuanced. I believe I recall them saying that the cold extraction takes about 3x longer, but I didn't keep up with the process much. For the heat extraction, most would soak the tobacco in the juice and heat it in a water bath ( inside a jar ) in a slow cooker on low for however long it is/was they said it took for a good extraction. They would then use various filtering methods such as something as simple as a coffee filter ( or 3 ) to using a french press coffee maker using 2-5nm filters. The filtering process is the most tedious of all of it and most don't have much of a problem with it... it's just a slow patient thing that must be done at the end. Once done, you use it just the same as you would with any flavoring you add.

The amount of nicotine extracted is negligible to none since that requires a chemical process to do properly... since you aren't burning the tobacco, carcinogens are also non-existent ( if any even exist, lab testing is really the only way to know and few ever have ). It really only extracts just the flavors.

Nice info there RD, good piece:)

J, i have a bottle of Yimmie extract labeled "Burley Tobacco", it's a label i put on myself because the original was leaked on. Further details I can not add because I know of known.
I do however know that when I relabeled the bottles of extract I did pay close attention to making sure the were labeled correctly.

Further details beyond "Burley" may have been available at one point, but i some how decided "Burley" was enough.

Well any way, the point of all this is, if You want it, it's Yours. Just say the word.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
J, i have a bottle of Yimmie extract labeled "Burley Tobacco"...

A very generous offer my friend, but I'd hate to see you paying postage and shipping something that I'm not sure about. I THINK I may have tried Yimmie's Burley a while ago, not sure, but if I did I wasn't fond of. The Latakia I used to go crazy over from her was Syrian in origin, and from what I understand now it is just about extinct:(. It actually became my sole vape for a year or so, it was that good. But again, I'm huge appreciative of your offer. Maybe just keep it for a rainy (or sunny) day? You said you hadn't tried it, maybe you'd like it yourself. But I DO thank you for the kind offer:).

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
A very generous offer my friend, but I'd hate to see you paying postage and shipping something that I'm not sure about. I THINK I may have tried Yimmie's Burley a while ago, not sure, but if I did I wasn't fond of. The Latakia I used to go crazy over from her was Syrian in origin, and from what I understand now it is just about extinct:(. It actually became my sole vape for a year or so, it was that good. But again, I'm huge appreciative of your offer. Maybe just keep it for a rainy (or sunny) day? You said you hadn't tried it, maybe you'd like it yourself. But I DO thank you for the kind offer:).
OK, but keep it in mind for maybe later. I recently mixed 3 other yimmie extracts I'd go through before I did this one, so it will e here for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread