Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Is it the nicotine or PG, or both, that causes the throat hit? I used to only want big clouds but want lesser clouds now I'm vaping out and about.
I'm using 6mg now and not sure what VG/PG mix my juice is - would a 70/30VG mix with 6mg nicotine give a decent throat hit? Don't want too much though, only when I take a full draw.
Any recommendations?
Both nic and PG causes throat hit. Some flavors also cause a TH.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi again Cal
Just thought I'd point out the difference in Max VG vs 100% VG. Most of the food flavor concentrates are normally available in a PG base so Max VG means we haven't added any more PG but do have some vis a vis the flavoring added. 100% VG is something that you have to try hard to get. It's easy if you aren't adding any flavor but if you want flavor it is hard to find it with a VG base but not impossible, at least for some flavors. Nic can come with either base and even a combo of VG & PG in the mix % you ask for.

cal202

Jul 17, 2016
Hi again Cal
Just thought I'd point out the difference in Max VG vs 100% VG. Most of the food flavor concentrates are normally available in a PG base so Max VG means we haven't added any more PG but do have some vis a vis the flavoring added. 100% VG is something that you have to try hard to get. It's easy if you aren't adding any flavor but if you want flavor it is hard to find it with a VG base but not impossible, at least for some flavors. Nic can come with either base and even a combo of VG & PG in the mix % you ask for.

Thanks for that.

What's the difference between the tickly throat hit that can make you cough and the smooth throat hit? Is one PG and one nic? Or is it just me that gets that :D

I've vaping some 3mg 'max vg' stuff and I'm getting a bit of the tickly throat hit - could that be the flavouring then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread