Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Well... I've got to work on my radar color tables for the precip typing a little more tonight. I believe it's rounding out pretty much like I'm liking it...

In my original base reflectivity colors, I had enough different colors and shades of colors that once you got used to them, it was pretty easy to differentiate between the important densities ( like where it's no precip to light rain... or even hail etc ).
Now with the PT'ing, I'm adding 3 additional color tables into the mix and have had to choose colors that wouldn't be mistaken for some similar ones I've used in the default BR table I made. To make it a little more difficult, the real acid test is to have these now 4 color tables working on the same storm so when the similar colors are next to each other... I can try to judge if I've picked the new colors well enough so you don't confuse one color in the rain area for another in one of the other 3 areas. Topping it off... there just hasn't been much mixed precip in the storms since this feature was released on Thursday to the version of the program I've got.

Anyway... here is a side by side... on the left the original base reflectivity that didn't have PT'ing ... and the new one on the right that includes it. This storm only has rain, snow and mixed rain/sleet on it... it doesn't have any just sleet areas.

To describe the p-typed colors... on the bottom ( on the scales in the center ) is the snow going from light gray through white changing to a medium blue and finally a violet blue, next up from that is the sleet which is an orange-ish red from a darker shade to a lighter one and just above that is the mixed precip ( ice/rain ) that goes from a dark pink to the lighter one... the top color scale is the same as the BR scale seen on the far left only it's just compressed into a smaller area.

The fun part has been twofold. Being able to distinguish the different densities much like I could in the BR using only either a single in two of them and 3 in the snow color table. I've not seen any higher densities anywhere, so I'm hoping my upper ranges for the new color tables still work as well as I've seen on the lower ranges.

br_vs_pt.jpg

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    okays heres da poll..........
    ~ Shoulds Aggie Shabes Her Legs fer da Gym ~​
    Yes......
    No.......

:D

If you don't want to just tell them you identify as a monkey and about 48% will have no problem with it :laugh:

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Looks like the weather is being forecasted to be pretty active in a lot of places...

The convective thunderstorm outlook for today is...

day1otlk_1300.jpg

The probability of tornado activity today is...

day1probotlk_1300_torn.jpg

Just remember these are statistic probabilities and don't mean you will have a storm etc, just the chances are much greater for the areas included.

OBG.... looks like you are in the bullseye for a lot of it... be careful and keep up with the weather everyone... :)

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    OBG.... looks like you are in the bullseye for a lot of it... be careful and keep up with the weather everyone... :)

Local forecast says late in the day,I hope their right because I'll be testing my new carb about noon :)

AG51

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    Okays dis aim't eben funnys
    bigbooty_zpskbsiei86.png
    my bmi comes in at 34.5 and body fat percentage is 43%. To be "healthy" I need to loose 52 poumds
    facepalm_zps1p0w9wyh.png

I beliebes I can do dis. At least I got my feet in da door and found some very nice people there. I now am da prouds owner ub a key to da gym & habes 24/7 access to it. I conned my friend Debbie into goin wiff me. I dunno how long she'll last at its butts I'm glad she at least said she'll try. She betta sticks it outs cuz she came in with 50% body fat. I'll keeps my fingars crossed. She already had an early mornin doctors appt sheduled fer 2morrows so we go back thursday to starts werkin on its.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread