• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Why YOU should not order from FastTech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Then why [edited] is it called fast tech if they are known for needing patience and understanding for how slow they are. They should change their name to SLOW-tech a more suitable, fitting name for the business. I already cancelled the order for a refund. I am trying gearbest are they slow as a turtle too?
I have never had a problem with them, I always get my product in 8 to 10 days. When buying Authentic product like coil heads, I find it better to buy them at my local B&M as the price is usually only a few dollars different.

That must have been your first order from FT was it? Then you are going to love dealing with Gearbest, I won't buy from them as they are the lowest and sleaziest of all the Chinese suppliers.

Good luck to you.

Reactions: Letitia

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Fasttech has a staggering selection of the inexpensive bits and peices I use. I shop their site a couple times a week and accumulate things that interest me on the wish list then every couple months place an order in the range of $20-40. Most items are a dollar or two, like rubber o-rings, a coiling tool, the derringer style drip tips I prefer, wire nippers, tweezers, Thrum scissors for cutting cotton, the occaisional $8 clone rda, etc. I got my evic vtc mini from fasttech and ordered both a silicone and faux leather cover (I prefer the faux leather one).

For safety I've decided I'll only buy major brand batteries and only from US sources to avoid substandard, aged or fakes. For safety I'm only buying regulated mods and only made by manufacturers with reputations to protect. I do DIY and I only buy from US suppliers with a track record.

Last edited:

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Chinese New Year was Feb 4-14 and FT was closed...some manufacturers are still trying to produce the items and get them to the retailers like FT that does NOT keep a large inventory on hand ..shippers are also all backlogged and tracking is awful from China, just like it is domestically in most countries, but who cares about the tracking...be patient, you will get your item within 3 weeks once FT gets it from the manufacturer...regarding their forums and customer support, all customers are impatient and don't undertsand about Chinese national holidays and the backlogs of tickets from impatient customers who think FT is a local "down the street" KMart store..

Gazoo2You

Nov 28, 2015
GearBest has made many happy. It has also made many extremely angry. I had one encounter with them and do not trust them.
Fasttech is always slow this time of year. Best to order from May-October. Afterwards you run into Xmas and then Chinese New Year, which just ended. They are just now catching up. Its not only Fasttech but all the manufacturers coming back to work, catching up. its just slow as hell in China from DEC-March.

Do not order from Fasttech when you need an item in a hurry. I have ordered close to 200 items from FT and only ever had one small problem which they rectified immediately.
FT is the best but be prepared for a bit of a wait, depending on how you order. Each country has different shipping and the default option for your country isn't necessarily the best one. Before you order, make a post in the forum asking which shipping option, for your country, is at that present time the best one to use.

I am in Canada for example. The default option is Singapore which takes forever. Click the tab and enter Hong Kong and you will get ur package within 5-14 days. Singapore? 18-47 days.

Perhaps someday in the near future, our only choice will be ordering from China .. and then we can help support their economy instead of our own fully .. and the small businesses that helped grow this industry will be gone, along with the jobs they have created and their own livelyhoods ..

Lest you misconstrue my original post, it's not a matter of paying someone to order from China for me .. it's instead helping support the Country that has helped make me successful .. and the willingness to let other Citizens share some success ..

And, I'll add .. when we smoked analogs and dropped some real money on those, the finances were secondary to the addiction ..
I understand your point of view. What I don't understand is why you would even be on this thread since we are only discussing buying from a company located in China and you only buy from businesses located in the USA.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I understand your point of view. What I don't understand is why you would even be on this thread since we are only discussing buying from a company located in China and you only buy from businesses located in the USA.

Do you realize that you quoted a post from September of 2013 ?

I have ordered several times from FastTech and have always been pleased with the quality of the merchandise. Items purchased range from clearomizer coils and clone tanks to Authentic Kangertech SuBox Mini setup (included all proper hologram tags, serial numbers and paperwork). The SuBox Mini starts out in China no matter where you end up purchasing it, so I have no qualms about buying it early in the buy/sell chain. If you buy from FastTech with the mind set that you will receive your purchase 45 days from the date order is placed, you should be pleased when/if you receive it earlier than expected.

Batteries are now being shipped via Sweden Post. I received my iStick in 6 days. The rest of my order came 23 days later. Reason for delay; the coils I ordered went out of stock right before my order was packed. They were quick to inform me, and I chose to wait for coils to be shipped with the rest of my order rather than canceling that item. If I had chose otherwise everything else would have been on my doorstep 16 days after ordering. I happen to be one of those people that has more time than money. I am more than happy with the tradeoff.

Without paying one dime for shipping, tracking my order was simple. I just clicked on the order number in my account and I knew exactly were it was at any given time from China to the main distribution point in my city. I recommend buying from FastTech.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Interestingly enough lately I've been buying my gear in the U.S. Many online etailers are selling near to Fastechs price and if the difference is 10%-20% I prefer buying my gear in the U.S with predictable delivery and hopefully service on a product if it's DOA.
Be sure if you are searching for Products to use both Google and Bing. I've found some lower priced etailers on Bing that weren't on Google.
For example
Fastech Price on the Reuleax RX-200 is $40.47
and the
TFV4 is $28.09

Doing some heavy searching I found megacloudvape
and a coupon for 5% off. Orders over $50.00 are free.
I ended up paying $42.50 for the RX200 and $26.50 for the TFV4 [ With Coupon ]
so it ended up costing the same to buy within the U.S

Both products came with rub off stickers with serial numbers that you can check with the manufacturer and were verified to be Authentic. As long as I can buy close to FastTech Price, I prefer to buy in US and support U.S Vendors.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Always calculated the waiting period as part of the cost of doing business with china. Was surprised when my first order, not from fast tech but from china, was in my vapebox in 2 weeks from placing. At least Price Angles had china tracking so you could watch your order go through all the stages from order filled to customs to outgoing then to country of destination. At that point could track through USPS tracking. But lately have been experiencing delays in sort facilities and shipments trying to be delivered to the wrong city, with USPS. Everyone is fallible some of the time.

I do a lot of business in China for vape equipment, and I always pay for either EMS or DHL Never had problems with any company except Fastech. I normally wait until I have enough goodies to order so that the EMS or DHL freight costs make it worth my while. Fastech, even when goods are in stock as their website shows are nothing but SLOWTECH both in order processing and sending tracking and in the last order totally messed me around. I use Fastech as a last resort when I cannot find what I am looking for elsewhere.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Perhaps someday in the near future, our only choice will be ordering from China .. and then we can help support their economy instead of our own fully .. and the small businesses that helped grow this industry will be gone, along with the jobs they have created and their own livelyhoods ..

Like you I did not mind supporting our local economy, until I bought a mod from a local vendor that broke down a month and a half latter. The user guide said it had a 90 day warranty. Ok I take it back to the local vape shop and the sales dude tells me they only give 30 day warranty on all vapes they sell. Hey man I say the booklet says 90 day warranty, He replies only if you buy from the manufacturer direct and ship it back to them. Excuse me, I wanted only one mod not a couple of hundred mods as that is what the minimum purchase is with some manufacturers in China.

As I said in a previous post, I now buy a lot from China agents,(middle men) and never had a problem with warranty. I get full manufacturers warranty as specified in the user guide. I never even have to ship the item back just either a video or pictures and I get a credit on my next order or a replacement sent. Now when local vape shops give me the same service I will only be too happy to support them.

The local vape shop had no display advising customers that they only gave 30 day warranties and when you spend $150 on a mod you expect it to last more than a month. Needless to say I have not been back to that vape shop since. ..

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
FT FAQ's...

Do products come with warranties?

Unless otherwise noted on the product page, product warranty is 6 months counted from the date of initial shipment of order.
  • Within 3 months after initial shipment of order:
    Upon returning, defective items are replaced and shipped back to customers for free. Return shipping reimbursement is USD 40 or 50% of the item's price, whichever is lower.

• 3 to 6 months after initial shipment of order:
    Upon returning, defective items are replaced and shipped back to customers for free. Return shipping reimbursement is unavailable.
IF DOA, return is reimbursed in full, and a replacement is reshipped for free...or a FULL refund is provided, including any shipping costs...

Warranty & Customer Protection
FastTech has the best warranty in the industry. All items are covered by a 5-day dead on arrival (DOA) warranty. 45-day no-question-asked money back guarantee. Most items are covered by a 90-day refund and replace policy, 180-day repair warranty, and product lifetime support and repair services.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrollDragon

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Always check two things before ordering as well. If the company actual makes the product ex. the vicious ant mod the real company dont make. Also that it says the company name in the title ex. the authentic Snow Wolf mini is iSmoka limited not Asmodus. If it dont say authentic Asmodus in this case its an authentic clone.

Jeff M.

May 7, 2015
I've ordered loads of stuff from FastTech. You just can't be in a hurry. I've always received my items within 3 weeks, +/- a couple days, of it shipping.

The only issue i've ever had is ordering items that were not in stock. FastTech posts ETAs or Estimated Time of Arrival. The key word being "Estimated". FT says these ETAs are based on what their suppliers tell them, and they are often inaccurate. I've had items with a 5+ day ETA be ready to ship in a day or two. I've also had items with a 3-5 day ETA pushed back over 15 days. It is pretty easy to cancel items that are holding up an order.

I've had to use their warranty exactly one time and it went as smooth as could be expected. An RTA that I ordered arrived with broken glass tank. FT sells replacement glass and they very well could have offered me that, but they offered to refund the cost of the RTA, or replace it entirely. So for the cost of a new piece of glass for the one that broke, I have a second fully functional unit.

I have found that when dealing with overseas firms, where English is a second language or translation software might be used, clear, concise, and simple statements are best. It also helps to use familiar terms. E.g. FT uses "DOA" or "Dead on Arrival" to describe items that are unusable from the start, as a part of their warranty policy. When I submitted my ticket I simply used the same terms that they use. "The item arrived DOA. It cannot be used because the glass is broken." No argument, no confusion. Just a "we're sorry about that, would you like a refund or replacement?"

I also think that how FT's forum is structured is great. "Discussions" link to the exact item in question, so if you have a problem with an item you can identify exactly which item it is, and get input from others who have purchased the same thing. It's also helpful when looking at a potential purchase to see what other people have to say about it, beyond just looking at the reviews.

Yes, communication can take a few days. Yes, shipping can take a while, but overall it's one of my favorite companies to shop with.

Reactions: Burnie

Gem615

Mar 29, 2013
Surprise, AZ US
While will agree with buying American, as many already mentioned... most all of ecig products are made in China & are marked up to ridiculous prices when sold here in the US. I used to buy almost exclusively frm Fasttech, then got a little tired of trying to figure out which items were genuine vs clones frm many other articles or posts I had read. Also got a little tired of what was once reliable shipping times (often less than a wk to AZ) that soon became unknown, avg about a month or sometimes more. I had bought eliquid before, but then became a bit more paranoid about exactly what they used in their liquids & started buying locally or in the US before entirely relying upon my own mixing of liquids, which I buy solely frm US mfgs. I have hardware up the Yazoo, some vw/vv mods still in the boxes brand new (I'll hold onto IF ever they start regulating vaping in the US as backup ;). In the meantime, with all the mods, coils, etc of every kind, the coils I love the most (which took me a long to find & a lot of coils in a drawer that I've used once & hate), my luck hits me upside the head as usual & it is incredibly difficult to find them anymore. I'm not a big fan of subcoils at all, & the plain ol' fashioned slow mouth to lung hits w a tight air draw coils almost dont exist anymore. (I'm starting to ramble, I know)... but a local, more expensive vape shop that surprisingly still carries replacement coils I have just ordered from, is now unknowingly supplying clone coils that last about a day vs a wk to sevl wks for the originals... & I cant even tell you how sick that alone makes me. I'm paying primo $ for hard to find coils locally PLUS shipping, for something I know I can get much cheaper (& possibly still original/ authentic) frm Fasttech for free shipping, that is still worth it for me now regardless of how long they take to get here.

So I suppose this whole post is more of a matter of taste - if you're ok with long shipping times (which could surprise you by showing up within a week) & know that you may end up with a clone vs authentic & are still ok with it - where's the actual harm in that, really... For those things I really wouldn't trust from overseas, like what actually is going into my body! Find a good reputable organization/ place in the US that follows regulations (and/or is FDA approved) or a local vapeshop & spend the $ your saving by buying your hardware directly frm the mfg before crazy markups (or you can always wait for them to hit the clearance bin frm a US retailer, which usually still more $)... Since I make my own ejuice, again, I will always buy from the US (most notably Wizard Labs down in FL & occasionally LorAnn when my extracts aren't in stock), and they do make a bit from someone like me who always orders in bulk

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I wouldn't buy batteries, mods or tanks here. Many clones even come with a scratch card now that works so being able to tell the difference is truely impossible. Rather shop at a place that is priced so low you know its a clone then buy authentic at a place that sells "authentic" and clones that both look and work the exact same. Return policy will end up costing you more to return it then its worth in alot of cases as well, they want photos/video to before they'll even talk to you about it. "Satisfaction guarantee" you pay full shipping... that's not a very satisfied feeling. After waiting 1-2 months it will take you a week or more of talking to someone who can't understand english plus return time plus another 1-2 months to get another "authentic". All that being said your local B&M is probably selling the same clones at 3x instead of 2x mark up but at least they aren't in China. I'd rather pay $60 for a $20 authentic clone locally then $40 at FT.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have bought several Coil packs in the past from Fasttech and when they had authentic in the description, they actually were and checked out as such.

As far as the items with fake scratch codes, don't know about all of the companies but at least 2 have a system that that doesn't work in. Those clones with fake scratch codes have the scratch code they took off of a legitimate item and the serial off that item. Now this doesn't work with at least Eleaf items or Nitecore items as when you enter the scratch code both will tell you how many times it has been checked before. Probably a lot of the other manufacturers do as well. If you are not the first to check it...The item is fake. They maybe using the codes and serial numbers off of a few legit one to make the fakes but in general every fake I have seen has the same serial number.

The example I will give here is a vape shop purchase of an Istick 30w locally. It had the scratch code and serial number. I checked it on Eleaf and it had already been checked over 4,000 times. I took it back to the vape shop immediately and told him it was fake per Eleaf and he needed to refund it. I showed him a print out from the check. He refunded it. I went elsewhere and bought another. When I checked it, it was legit and said congratulations you are the first to check the code.

I got a Nitecore charger off of eBay and it checked out as fake. Nitecore site said it had been checked multiple times and was not genuine (Yeah I know eBay). This was a US seller with only one negative out several thousand feedbacks. I asked him to refund it, he refused and claimed it was genuine. I disputed it with paypal and got the money back a month later. In the meantime I bought another nitecore charger locally and it checked out as genuine. The Nitecore system responded with congratulations your product is genuine and you are eligible for warrantee coverage.

I haven't bought any real hardware from Fasttech but I don't think they sell fake stuff when it says authentic in the item name. I have purchased Kanger coil, Seals and glass replacements from them. They were listed as Authentic, they checked on Kanger site as such and each package had a unique serial number.

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread