Should I get an RDA or a new Box Mod first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymundo Domango

Moved On
Dec 27, 2016
I have a limitless XL tank and SMOK H-priv 220W box

The box isn't great and I don't really like tanks but I can only afford to replace one right now.

Which would give me a better vaping experience, an RDA or a new box? I have all I need to make my own coils.

The RDA I'm getting is the Tsunami 24
The Box I'm getting (probably) is the tesla invader 3

I'm gonna get both eventually but need help on which will make the vaping experience better to get first, thanks for help!

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
The Tsunami is as good an RDA as any in its class. It's what I use for taste-testing. Though I personally prefer RBAs. An RDA or 2 are nice to have around, but they're a pain to use while on the go. A good tank I'd recommend is the Griffin 25+.

The mod is just a box. I have all sorts of 200 watt mods and they all perform equally. My favoritism with them is down to ergonomics/style. Right now my out-and-about mods are Fuchai 213+, mostly because they're light, have on-board charging should I need it, and come with a silicone sleeve in the box. (And I was able to get 4 of them really cheap.)

Reactions: NU_FTW

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
The Tsunami is as good an RDA as any in its class. It's what I use for taste-testing. Though I personally prefer RBAs. An RDA or 2 are nice to have around, but they're a pain to use while on the go. A good tank I'd recommend is the Griffin 25+.

The mod is just a box. I have all sorts of 200 watt mods and they all perform equally. My favoritism with them is down to ergonomics/style. Right now my out-and-about mods are Fuchai 213+, mostly because they're light, have on-board charging should I need it, and come with a silicone sleeve in the box. (And I was able to get 4 of them really cheap.)

:thumb: What he said.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
A couple of RDAs are vital to the vape experience,,buy first.

Disagree with the box is a box theory.
An unregulated dual mod is a huge uptick.
The Tesla 3 invader is a snockers mod..

I don't think he was thinking about mechs. I don't usually consider them either simply because I haven't been around vaping long enough to have ever used one. Though I'll admit to owning 3 of them.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
A mech is not the same as an unregulated..
Yeah, but he said he wants the Tesla Invader III mod -- that looks like a regulated VV box, to me. I mean, the user interface is in the form of an analogue potentiometer instead of a digital display, but it's still regulated output voltage, innit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread