Need help with my build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhirup

Mar 8, 2017
I am making a vape box...what i actually did is made a wooden box and attached a ce4 chip connected to the 510 tank connector...and instead of the battery the ce4 had,i replaced that with 1 18650 battery...i use a tp4056 module to charge the battery and this chip has over charge protection and below voltage protection as well...when i am using the ce4 clearomiser i used my multimeter to see that at 4v the unit is using about 1.5 amps of current...so that gives me that the clearomiser is of about 2ohm...but if i replace the ce4 clearomiser with one with 1.8ohm will it be good or its gonna give me trouble..keeping in mind the ce4 chip turns of battery connection after 10sec,the tp4056 protecting from under discharge of battery and the battery rated at about 2600mah...the tp4056 having battery protection circuit as well..though after 10 drags the ce4 atomiser gets too hot,will replacing it with 1.8 ohn clearomiser will my ce4 chip be able to power it and vape?hoping that when the calculation shows that at 4v and 1.8ohm the current is 2.3amps almost and tge ce4 module should allow that current to flow throug that :)
Please suggest me and dont forget to help me out...being a newbie in vaping criticise is always welcome.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
If you are using an "EGO" board and button, you will still have an AMP limitation of about 2.5 +/-. (Twist type EGOs have about a 3 +/- amp limit.)
button-ego.jpg

From what I understand, you took the guts from an EGO battery and placed them in a box, with a USB battery management chip and upgraded to an 18650 high mAh battery.
HTH
Cheers
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
With an Amp limit of ~2.5 and voltage at ~3.7, Ohms law tells us that the lowest safe resistance will be 1.5Ω.
Ohm's law

Where have you measured 4 volts? At the 510 connection or directly from the battery?
Most egos are regulated to 3.6-3.7 volts, some may be unregulated and output the approximate voltage of the battery.

Cheers
I

Abhirup

Mar 8, 2017
The voltage at the 510 gave me bout 3.7...will check again and let you know...so after seeing the build design and circuit do you think its safe to proceed?...meanwhile when the lower safe limit is 1.5 then why does the clearomiser i have about 2 ohm the clearomiser heats up after 8-9 drags of vape?...i guess shifting to clearomiser about 1.5 would also generate more heat...the reason why i wanna change the clearomiser is its too small and is heating up...can you suggest a good one for my case?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
CE-4 is a bit out dated...especially if it's a TOP coil design.
Where are you located and do you have a vape shop you could visit?
Do you have a vape vendor that you have used before?
What is your budget for a new "topper"?

I
ETA: Re: your diagram, I'll leave to someone with more experience building devices.

Last edited:

Abhirup

Mar 8, 2017
Ce4 is all that i could get here...am from India and hardly do we get advanced stuff here and that too regarding vape...so tried to do this on my own....didnt get what u meant by top coil and topper :3...even couldnt get hands on 510 neither in stores nor online...:3 dont wanna wait long to get goods from china though....wanna make something from the stuff that i already have.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Way way way back when this whole vaping "thing" began, some folks had found a way to use "RCA" type connectors in place of the 510 interface.
Elite-A1-starter-Set_b4.jpg

If you want it bad enough...nothing can stop you.

Sorry, I don't know of any companies that ship to India.

The CE-4 tended to have about 2-3 weeks of decent performance before they needed to be replaced. If you have an older device (guessing) it may have reached the end of it's life. (search U-tube for rebuilding the CE-4/Stardust clearomizer.)

Just saw your new post;
Post what you have as options and we can go from there. No need to have you out searching for chicken teeth.

Cheers
I

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I saw it just that no one ships there or is it hard to get things imported? I have a couple of kayfun clones that have not seen use in years because I always hated wicking them. Maybe I could help you out.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Pretty simple you pay all the shipping I will send you the tanks. I am not using them and would rather help someone who doesn't have access to this kind of stuff then give them to someone who will just turn around and sell them.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I may be able to come up with a regular 510 connector too so that you could even go unregulated and use whatever your batteries will allow.

Would need a new, higher amp rated switch, too...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Can I get something like Aspire Triton 2 Clearomizer working on the 510,cause the head of my ce4 clearomiser dosent look like the pic you shared Izan.
Thumpszilla let me know in details please. :)
Triton 2; Only with the 1.8Ω coils. (Your device has a maximum wattage of about 9.)
The "bulli" pic was just an example of "adapt and overcome" ingenuity.

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread