Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Not to turn this into a Gbox thread, but I wonder why a dual 18650 mod only fires up to 100 watts?? Kinda strange.
Far better than 200+w. At least 100w can be done safely. The istick tc100w was also capped at 100w originally but had a firmware update to 120w.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Can't wait til I get my black version on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope you enjoy bud,I think my favorite thing about this tank is how SMOOOTH the airflow is,one thing I hate is turbulent airflow on tanks,and this as got to be the smoothest have ever tried hands down,my least fav is filling it so often,I tried refilling it by just removing the dripp tip but found out it doesn't work out too well,it ends up flooding over and into the air slots,so you have to take of the whole top to fill,a small trade off for a really smooth vape,one piece of advice is when you wick it up make sure not to over stuff those wicking holes because those other 2 small holes that are supposed to let air escape are wait to small in my opinion,so by keeping the wick holes a little free it will be less messy when it's time to fill,I have 3 mm aliens in it now and I think next time I'll use 2.5 mm coils instead this way less cotton and trimming to get to work just right,looking forward in hearing you're thoughts when you get it on Saturday,good luck;-)

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
Oh man I am so happy. Got my black one in today.

5of1ZAZ.png

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
when you wick it up make sure not to over stuff those wicking holes because those other 2 small holes that are supposed to let air escape are wait to small in my opinion,so by keeping the wick holes a little free it will be less messy when it's time to fill,I have 3 mm aliens in it now and I think next time I'll use 2.5 mm coils instead
Franck, I use 3mm coils and fill the wick holes, then wet them down with ejuice, THEN use a toothpick or small wire to put an air space between the wick and edge of the deck and it forms a nice release valve for the air when filling. Also, fill a little slow and let the air "bubble" out. This seems to work great for me anyway.

I think you could drill out one of the little holes on the deck and it would help, but I don't want to mess up such a beautiful tank!!

My Gaia has traveled great driving halfway across the country with me. I did need to teach my wife (co-pilot) how to fill it so I could keep driving safely though!!

Daniel Wilson

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 27, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Franck, I use 3mm coils and fill the wick holes, then wet them down with ejuice, THEN use a toothpick or small wire to put an air space between the wick and edge of the deck and it forms a nice release valve for the air when filling. Also, fill a little slow and let the air "bubble" out. This seems to work great for me anyway.

I think you could drill out one of the little holes on the deck and it would help, but I don't want to mess up such a beautiful tank!!

My Gaia has traveled great driving halfway across the country with me. I did need to teach my wife (co-pilot) how to fill it so I could keep driving safely though!!
Thanks for tips brother,hope you and the Mrs are having a great time,cheers to you both,be safe my friend;-)

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Black one on the way for me as well;-)btw you can fill without removing top cap but you do have to take out the drip tip,the trick is to do as DP said and fill slowly,just keep an eye out for the bubbles to slowly go away,I find it a little easier that way and less time consuming as well ;-)

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Hey guys crazy thought,as anybody tried drilling out one of those tiny little holes that are supposed to let air escape? I bet if we drilled at least one out just a sqosh bigger it would make filling this little bugger much easier without juice spilling onto the deck,any thoughts anyone?

Like I mentioned/suggested above in my last post, I do think you could just drill those air holes a little bigger and they would release air pressure a bit faster. I just don't want to mess with such a beautiful looking deck. But I can bet it would work fine. Use a Titanium drill bit for that thick of a slab of SS. Otherwise you may be breaking your bits pretty easy.

Reactions: franck

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Like I mentioned/suggested above in my last post, I do think you could just drill those air holes a little bigger and they would release air pressure a bit faster. I just don't want to mess with such a beautiful looking deck. But I can bet it would work fine. Use a Titanium drill bit for that thick of a slab of SS. Otherwise you may be breaking your bits pretty easy.
Yes that's right I remember now you did mention that brother,me thinks am going to give it a shot and I'll report back;-)

Reactions: DP2Raja

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Still don't have my new Gbox squonker!!! complained to 3Avape where I ordered it and they are refunding the extra postage I paid for "faster" shipping.
I hear you 3f vapes are the worst,I ordered from them once and it took 4 weeks for me to get my stuff,never again,if I have to order from China it's either everzon or heavens gifts,they always ship in 2 days or less and it take about 5 days after that;-)

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Ok guys just a quick update on drilling out those air holes,drilled out both holes with a 1.5 mm drill bit which is the perfect size btw otherwise it would inpeed into the wicking Chanel,it did not improve the filling situation much,it's kinda weird as I make sure to leave a little Chanel in between the wick as DP mentioned and still about half the time I fill it gives me trouble like flooding out my deck,or just having a big empty air bubble in there that I just cannot get rid off:-( I do fill slowly but I can just tell when the tank is not filling up and am going to have issues :-(((( that's my only pet per with this tank,other than that it's a beautiful smooth vape,it's a shame,but am not giving up on it and will keep trying to solve the issue,keep on vaping my friends. DP how was your VK brother? Or are you still on it? I see you manage to find an Ethernet connection now and again lol..

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
DP how was your VK brother? Or are you still on it? I see you manage to find an Ethernet connection now and again lol..

Franck, I am back home finally. Vacation was kind of a "working" trip...meaning I was visiting my in-laws. Nice people, but after 2 days I was ready to head home...or shoot myself! :mad: But the time away from the office was a good break. I work too much.

My Gaia traveled well in the cup holder of my car. The flavor keeps improving as I break it in. I get good air release from mine when filling slowly. Also, I tilt it slightly to get the air bubble to move under the vent holes and can usually push that air right out. I would love to have a 4ml version of this. Just a bigger bottom tank would not change the flavor or performance. Everything from the deck on up would be the same (with a little larger vent holes). The smoothness of this vape is superior to most everything out there in the RDTA field that I have tried. Although I do still love my old Limitless +

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Franck, I am back home finally. Vacation was kind of a "working" trip...meaning I was visiting my in-laws. Nice people, but after 2 days I was ready to head home...or shoot myself! :mad: But the time away from the office was a good break. I work too much.

My Gaia traveled well in the cup holder of my car. The flavor keeps improving as I break it in. I get good air release from mine when filling slowly. Also, I tilt it slightly to get the air bubble to move under the vent holes and can usually push that air right out. I would love to have a 4ml version of this. Just a bigger bottom tank would not change the flavor or performance. Everything from the deck on up would be the same (with a little larger vent holes). The smoothness of this vape is superior to most everything out there in the RDTA field that I have tried. Although I do still love my old Limitless +
Hey brother great hearing from you,I hear you on in laws they can be hard on the nerves at times,I could not agree with you more in regards to the Gaia it is a smooth little rdta without a DOUGHT and I really hope they do a v2 but to be honest bigger vent holes will not help,as you read above I have both of mine ss and black drilled out as much as one could and it did not change a thing,sometimes it'll fill easy peasy and other times I'll have big ol air bubbles in there or it'll just piss out of the air flows,but the smoothness of it is something that I've been looking for in a tank for a long time and never found until now,but as you know no tank is ever perfect,there's always going to be something that just bugs the hell out of you,and on this one it's filling it,oh well let's keep our fingers crossed for v2;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread