Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Some folks on the main rayon thread go up to several hundred ml before changing wicks. I don't go for longevity, change wicks every 50ml and coils every 100. (My txp kanthal coils are very cheap and easy to make, and cellucotton wicks are super low cost, a couple of cents.)
Wow, that long... 50ml sounds like a lot. I don't think I went that long with Ekowool? .

I have to see what txp kanthal and cellucotton is ...

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
Im just now getting back to vaping, and these tanks look perfect for me. Can you tell me where to get one, preferably on discount, if possible.
Im also thinking about smok 320 3 batt. Device.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sorry, I was on vacation and not keeping an eye on this thread. I have the Engine Nano and the G320. I am in love with both of them! The G320 has battery life for a long time. The Alien 220w is nice, and really all anyone needs, but the G320 has an extra battery. Lol it's up to you, but I recommend both for sure!

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have yet to try rayon. I've got a huge bag of cotton squares and hate to let it go to waste but probably couldn't use it all in a lifetime. I don't go through very much liquid in a day so I measure my coils and wicks lasting in days instead of ml. I can usually go a week or two on a wick and coil. No more often than I rebuild, I go ahead and change both when I do it. All of this talk of rayon does have me interested though. I might think about getting some to try.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I have yet to try rayon. I've got a huge bag of cotton squares and hate to let it go to waste but probably couldn't use it all in a lifetime. I can usually go a week or two on a wick and coil. No more often than I rebuild, I go ahead and change both when I do it. All of this talk of rayon does have me interested though. I might think about getting some to try.

That's me. I re-wick weekly, new coil once a month. I really don't need the coil as I use SS 430 or NiFe52, but I like to keep my lovely coil assistant in practice.
    Since the rayon is kind of inexpensive, why not give it a whirl? That always starts me down the slippery slope.

pahick

ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2014
    Southern PA
    just ordered this today, should arrive tomorrow, I cant wait :D
    Always love single coil devices as I'm too lazy to build, this one looks sleek and very easy to build. How's the flavor production on this compared to, say, serpent mini?

Id say the same. I just put the Serpent Mini on my Pico last night and I honestly cant tell the difference between it and the Nano.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
    Nov 22, 2014
    Frankston Tx.
    I have yet to try rayon. I've got a huge bag of cotton squares and hate to let it go to waste but probably couldn't use it all in a lifetime. I don't go through very much liquid in a day so I measure my coils and wicks lasting in days instead of ml. I can usually go a week or two on a wick and coil. No more often than I rebuild, I go ahead and change both when I do it. All of this talk of rayon does have me interested though. I might think about getting some to try.
    I bet if you asked real nice at your local beauty shop they would give you a foot long piece to try. that would last quite awhile

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I'm using the Rayon in my 2 tanks like you said and it's working great so far. I refilled both tanks today and the flavor is still great. How long can they last?

I go 4 - 6 weeks, 120 - 150 ml of diy juice, before I re-wick my tc ss coils. That 4 - 6 weeks will probably be pushed out farther now that I have 2 more mods/tanks in daily rotation. I was using 4 daily drivers but decided to up that to 6 so I can change flavors more often.

Here is the last one I re-wicked after 120+ mls of DIY juice that had no sweetener in it. I probably could have just vaped another 120ml of juice thru it if I felt like being lazy:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    You definitely should! Go check out the rayon thread by @JeremyR .

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    And my EXO RTA and Engine taste the same to with identical coils and wicking. Dont understand the ones who says that the Exo is better. Not here at my home hehe
    Really? You must have a seriously under-performing build in the EXO, the two tanks are night and day. :blink: The EXO's bottom airflow vs that side air whatever... The Nano isn't in the same ballpark, and really isn't even in the same league... :lol:

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    Here is the last one I re-wicked after 120+ mls of DIY juice that had no sweetener in it. I probably could have just vaped another 120ml of juice thru it if I felt like being lazy:

Looks like a Boreas to me!! Right on!

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    Really? You must have a seriously under-performing build in the EXO, the two tanks are night and day. :blink: The EXO's bottom airflow vs that side air whatever... The Nano isn't in the same ballpark, and really isn't even in the same league... :lol:

I totally agree. The EXO is a much richer flavor. At least mine is. ;)

Vaperx

ECF Veteran
    Jul 26, 2016

The odd time I'll get the Nano to do alright. All depends on how well I wick. Even if I wick well it still can't compare to my Exo. This is my thing though. No matter how I build and wick the Exo it comes out amazing. There is no hit or miss. With my Nano I'm constantly trying to tweak things to get it better. It's honestly a hassle. I think I have had 2 good wicks the entire time I've had it. After I need to change the Cotton I rewick the same from what I see and it comes out like .....

I like the Nano overall but the Reg Engine Dual I have kills it even. It's a shame cause I like the single coil etc.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    The odd time I'll get the Nano to do alright. All depends on how well I wick. Even if I wick well it still can't compare to my Exo. This is my thing though. No matter how I build and wick the Exo it comes out amazing. There is no hit or miss. With my Nano I'm constantly trying to tweak things to get it better. It's honestly a hassle. I think I have had 2 good wicks the entire time I've had it. After I need to change the Cotton I rewick the same from what I see and it comes out like .....

I like the Nano overall but the Reg Engine Dual I have kills it even. It's a shame cause I like the single coil etc.
    Same here! I had really high expectations for the Nano, but at the end of the day, it's just another finicky RTA that has to be tinkered with to get a mediocre performance at best. I'll either continue to play with it when the vape mail is slow or it will be piffed.

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
    Mar 23, 2012
    Pa
    I can't seem to get mine to wick right. Within a tank or two I have to drop watts by 50% or it's dry hit city. In temp control I have to again drop wattage to stop it from bouncing off temp limit and or increase temp which again. Dry hits if I'm not careful. Hopefully getting my hands on some rayon in the next few days. Maybe that will help with my wicking issues.

Also had high expectations. Feeling disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TrollDragon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread