Not open for further replies.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Hi all,

I've been using these type of attys for 6 years now without any problems. My last two 5 packs of attys tasted off- mildly chemically and bitter. Mind you, I vape unflavored eliquid that I make. It is not the juice because I can use it in old attys and it tastes normal.

When I looked into these bad tasting attys with a pinpoint flashlight, I was surprised to find green globs in them. When I look into attys that have had no liquid put in them, I can see a circle thread of green color around the inside wall of the atty. The green stuff seems to be between the wall of the atomizer and the metal round unit that is placed inside of it in the bottom.

Anyone know what this stuff is and how to remove it completely? These look like real Joye 510 sr attys; they are sealed in Joye boxes and came from a reputable supplier -ecigsupply.

Thanks!
Lori

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Hi all,

I've been using these type of attys for 6 years now without any problems. My last two 5 packs of attys tasted off- mildly chemically and bitter. Mind you, I vape unflavored eliquid that I make. It is not the juice because I can use it in old attys and it tastes normal.

When I looked into these bad tasting attys with a pinpoint flashlight, I was surprised to find green globs in them. When I look into attys that have had no liquid put in them, I can see a circle thread of green color around the inside wall of the atty. The green stuff seems to be between the wall of the atomizer and the metal round unit that is placed inside of it in the bottom.

Anyone know what this stuff is and how to remove it completely? These look like real Joye 510 sr attys; they are sealed in Joye boxes and came from a reputable supplier -ecigsupply.

Thanks!
Lori
Do you think it could be glue?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hmm... It's been awhile since I used those. Do we know what they are made of? If it's some kind of brass/bronze alloy, a greenish/bluish glop may be verdigris--AKA copper carbonate or chloride. No idea how toxic it may be--if that's what it is, but I wouldn't want to inhale it. Clean your atties well or just get some fresh ones, if in doubt.

5588-3.jpg

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
The green is the exact color of a shamrock- pure green. Boiling them won't hurt them? I tried soaking in everclear for an hour but that didn't dilute the green.

no a gentle boil won't hurt them, i boil them for 10mins, rinse them under cool water, blow out excess water (blowing through 510 connection end), let dry a couple hours, add a drop or two of VG afterwards and leave them be till next day. have only ruined one but, it probably was a dud in the first place. Sometimes i had to repeat the boiling process with atties that had menthol in them and i did repeat it with the green primer ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread