Travel and Vaping E-cigs in china, hong kong, and the current laws help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travosk

Mar 21, 2017
I will be traveling to china via hong kong and then into Shenzhen very soon, while I am planning on taking a small unit of my gear with me, I am curious to know if anyone knows what the current laws are in hong kong with passing though customs both at the airport and at the crossing to Shenzhen, I certainly don't want any trouble, not there, with hardware.
Some sites and threads I have read while old are saying that it is illegal and banned. I am also planning on bringing back several units of hardware for friends and family and will be keeping them in sealed boxes for the return home, IF I can find any vape stores that sell at a reasonable price. Does anyone have any info on where some vape shops are in SZ in the huangang and futian districts? I don't think I would be able to just walk into one of the factories there (aspire, eleaf) and only walk out with a half dozen units. I know of the one in coco park mall, but they seem very pricy for what is avalible out there.

Any info on these two questions would be greatly appreciated.

Trav.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I've been through HK to SZ with E-Cigs many times, buddy. While I'm not going to say "you'll be fine", I can tell you that any enforcement (if it exists at all) is very light-on.

HK: I don't believe it's a criminal offense, and as far as I'm aware there are no vape specific regulations - the nicotine is caught under a general tox law, so hardware should be fine.

China: It's a gray area - I have no knowledge of any specific law on possession of small amounts of nicotine. The production thereof it much more complex.

Necessary caveat - not a lawyer (and even less of a HK/China lawyer)!

Travosk

Mar 21, 2017
I certainly appreciate the info, I already have a line on juice when I am there so I will not be bringing any with me just for safety sake, am more concerned with passing though customs in HK with hardware both in and out, I have a few friends here who want some new hardware so it would be factory sealed going though, as it turns out they are having a ecig expo at the convention center when I am in SZ, might take that in see what's there, prices wise it will probably be more expensive than in coco park mall, but will have to see.

Hope that Holiday Inn Express was good LOL

Reactions: Oliver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread