Status
Not open for further replies.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
I'm not sure if the bottle tips on the ones I use are helpful for filling or I'm just lucky. Using these bottles to mix my DIY juice in and they work perfect for filling the Gaia. I am using 70 PG in the mix so it is a fairly thick ejuice and it fills pretty damn smoothly.

IMG_0837.JPG

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I'm not sure if the bottle tips on the ones I use are helpful for filling or I'm just lucky. Using these bottles to mix my DIY juice in and they work perfect for filling the Gaia. I am using 70 PG in the mix so it is a fairly thick ejuice and it fills pretty damn smoothly.

View attachment 641949
Hey bud,thanks for the pic,ya am using similar bottles I even think my tips are a bit smaller,when it decides to fill its a beautiful thing but it's not always the case,so far today I've been golden both are filling up ok(for now lol) what bugs me is that am always trying to find out why things happen,I have space between the wicks,therefor air can travel as its being filled,plus I drilled out those holes,I compared the first one I did to the one I hadn't drilled out yet and they are twice as big as the stock holes that the tank comes with,I thought for sure that would solve any filling issues but it did absolutely nothing,weird no? I think I have better luck when I really push the bottle down firmly and then squeeze as that's what I've been doing all day and it's been ok so far,you know if you get a small enough bottle you only have to remove the dripp tip to fill and not the whole cap,it's made it much easier,faster,and much less messy as well cause there's always juice collecting in that top cap,please Cthulhu make a v2;-)

Reactions: Heartsdelight

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Are you ensuring that the holes in the stem are clear, and not covered by wicking? The ones that the juice flows into the tank from. They're pretty small too, but it seems to work okay most of the time.
Yes they are clear my friend,I might drill them out too lol;-)

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Ok my Gaia vaping friends,for science and the benifit of us all I decided to drill out the juice holes that are the shaft(the ones the juice comes out of when we fill from the top) the good news is that it did not screw anything up,the bad news is that it did nothing but help it fill a little faster,I still have big air bubbles inside the tank,I even have one of wicks cut really thin to help with air escaping when I fill but nothing seems to help,if I try and get rid of them by putting more juice it just barfs it out of the air holes and floods the deck,SIGHHH,I think I've done all I could at this point as am out of ideas,I guess we are stuck with a tank that only holds 1.5 ml of ejuice instead of 2 :-(

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Ok my Gaia vaping friends,for science and the benifit of us all I decided to drill out the juice holes that are the shaft(the ones the juice comes out of when we fill from the top) the good news is that it did not screw anything up,the bad news is that it did nothing but help it fill a little faster,I still have big air bubbles inside the tank,I even have one of wicks cut really thin to help with air escaping when I fill but nothing seems to help,if I try and get rid of them by putting more juice it just barfs it out of the air holes and floods the deck,SIGHHH,I think I've done all I could at this point as am out of ideas,I guess we are stuck with a tank that only holds 1.5 ml of ejuice instead of 2 :-(

Hi Franck.

I'll tell you what I do do maximize juice capacity. At one point earlier in this thread, I said that I was cutting my wicks to be flush with the underside of the wicking ports. I no longer do that (got tired of having to disassemble the tank to rewick, lazy, I know.)

What I do now is cut my wicks short enough to just tuck them into the wick holes. It's almost like I'm just laying the wicks over the wicking holes, just enough for them to be covered. This works well for even 100VG juice. Since there isn't much travel for the juice to go, I've never had a dry hit doing it that way..still very efficient.

Since there's no cotton actually in my tank, there's nothing taking up any additional volume, and I'm able to fill it up to max capacity, no bubbles.

When I fill it, I tilt the tank so that the side with the air venting is facing up, and just fill it till I see a bit of juice pop out of the vent holes, and I'm done. Tilting it really helps (again, vent ports being tilted higher.)

Not the best pic, but it shows it's possible to fill it entirely:
EIGhc3X.jpg

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Hi Franck.

I'll tell you what I do do maximize juice capacity. At one point earlier in this thread, I said that I was cutting my wicks to be flush with the underside of the wicking ports. I no longer do that (got tired of having to disassemble the tank to rewick, lazy, I know.)

What I do now is cut my wicks short enough to just tuck them into the wick holes. It's almost like I'm just laying the wicks over the wicking holes, just enough for them to be covered. This works well for even 100VG juice. Since there isn't much travel for the juice to go, I've never had a dry hit doing it that way..still very efficient.

Since there's no cotton actually in my tank, there's nothing taking up any additional volume, and I'm able to fill it up to max capacity, no bubbles.

When I fill it, I tilt the tank so that the side with the air venting is facing up, and just fill it till I see a bit of juice pop out of the vent holes, and I'm done. Tilting it really helps (again, vent ports being tilted higher.)

EIGhc3X.jpg
Hey bud thanks for the reply and tip,and it wicks that way with no cotton inside the tank at all? I'll have to try it as for now I have it wicked up just like you had it before,but you're right disassembling the tank everytime is a pain:-(

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Hey bud thanks for the reply and tip,and it wicks that way with no cotton inside the tank at all? I'll have to try it as for now I have it wicked up just like you had it before,but you're right disassembling the tank everytime is a pain:-(
My goal is to not put any wick in there, but sometimes just a tiny smidge goes in there (never enough to actually see it in the tank). And yes, absolutely no issues with dry hits. I think it works efficiently due to how short the tank is, since there's less space for the juice to have to travel to the wicks. I'm currently vaping an 85vg juice, and not a single issue.

I've tried it with 81VG all the way to my normal 100VG, and it's just my go-to way to fill her all the way up.

The biggest take away should be the tilting of the tank when you fill it. That has been the best way to do it (for me) and still get max capacity.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Hi Franck.

EIGhc3X.jpg
I did this method with my first avocado I actually just make sure the holes are filled/covered with cotton however no cotton actually goes into the tank. As long as you tilt when you vape it wicks perfectly and you can fill my fill the tank 100 % of the way

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
My goal is to not put any wick in there, but sometimes just a tiny smidge goes in there (never enough to actually see it in the tank). And yes, absolutely no issues with dry hits. I think it works efficiently due to how short the tank is, since there's less space for the juice to have to travel to the wicks. I'm currently vaping an 85vg juice, and not a single issue.

I've tried it with 81VG all the way to my normal 100VG, and it's just my go-to way to fill her all the way up.

The biggest take away should be the tilting of the tank when you fill it. That has been the best way to do it (for me) and still get max capacity.
Thanks a lot peta,I just pulled out all my wicks out and shortened them up a little so they sit on top of the wick holes and I was able to fill it up full,God bless you,you're a better man then me lol,I have 2 of them ss and black,my black one always as a little juice at the end of the 510 pin,took it all apart today,made sure it was as tight as possible but it's still does it,the ss one always dry,if it's one thing it's another,anyways thank you VERY much for the tip my friend you saved me a lot of griff ;-)

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I did this method with my first avocado I actually just make sure the holes are filled/covered with cotton however no cotton actually goes into the tank. As long as you tilt when you vape it wicks perfectly and you can fill my fill the tank 100 % of the way
Thanks sed8;-)

Reactions: Petabread

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA

PETA just wanted to thank you again for the tip brother,am on my third fill up and not a bubble in sight,that trick worked like a dream;-)

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA

View attachment 641949
Hi dp hope all is well,hey did you get your g box yet for the Gaia ? If so how's she sqonking for you bud?

Reactions: Heartsdelight

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Hi dp hope all is well,hey did you get your g box yet for the Gaia ? If so how's she sqonking for you bud?

Funny you should ask about my Gbox Franck! I just checked the tracking and it finally landed in Los Angles today. I should get it Friday or Saturday. I'm excited to try it. If it works well with the Gaia, I will buy a second one and a black Gaia to go with it. But I will not be ordering from 3Avape again. It has been almost a month to get here!

kushpancake

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
LA
stephen-daniels.com

Why not just throw it on a squonk mod??

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Cause I do not have one,not crazy about them they're a leaking nightmare waiting to happen,but if you read previous posts it's all been sorted out curtesy of petabread;-)
I'm with you on squonk mods. I love the concept of them, and Im all for everyone that uses them - I just can't risk something going wrong with it. Liquid + electronics are generally not a good combo.

Plus, it's just as easy to pop the top cap and fill, versus having to take your squonk bottle out to refill, anyway. In my opinion. (And I'm by no means trying to ruffle any feathers for squonk lovers! If you love it, I love it for you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread