Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Guess I chose poorly on the 3f. Ordered 8th shipped 9th Origin preparing shipment since then. I'll open a ticket I reckon.

I would give it a Couple more Days.

Many times it is the Tracking that Sucks. And I have had Many things that just sit there doing Nothing, and then Magically ( in 1 Day) the Tracking updates with the last 3 or 4 events.

Reactions: DaveP and MMW

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
I would give it a Couple more Days.

Many times it is the Tracking that Sucks. And I have had Many things that just sit there doing Nothing, and then Magically ( in 1 Day) the Tracking updates with the last 3 or 4 events.
Good call. I think their suggestion is 15-days to open a ticket.

Reactions: zoiDman

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Guess I chose poorly on the 3f. Ordered 8th shipped 9th Origin preparing shipment since then. I'll open a ticket I reckon.
MMW, my Gbox from 3Avape did the same thing...just sat there "Origin preparing shipment" for almost 2 weeks, then BAM it ends up in LA today. I had sent them 2 emails caused I was sick of seeing it "sit there". Guess it was traveling during my tantrum! LOL Should have it in a couple of days now.

Gotta order one of these RDTAs now. Think I'll go with FT.

Gallant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Gotta order one of these RDTAs now. Think I'll go with FT.
    If you go FT I suggest that you pay an extra $1 to upgrade to United States Postal Service (USPS) you will receive it in less than 12 days.
    For me when I select Canada Express ePacket for an extra $1 I have it in less than 10 days.

MMW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    If you go FT I suggest that you pay an extra $1 to upgrade to United States Postal Service (USPS) you will receive it in less than 12 days.
    For me when I select Canada Express ePacket for an extra $1 I have it in less than 10 days.
    Yeah, the USPS e-packet comes like clockwork through FT.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    My Wotofo Serpent RDTA came today. It's a Very Nice RDTA.

Very Good Machining / Fit n' Finish.
    Easy to build and Large Deck.
    Big Wicking Holes.
    Fill System Couldn't be Easier.
    My 510 Drip Tips all seem to Fit in the 510 Adapter.
    Doesn't seem to Leak.

My only Nit is that it is Kinda Airy. And would have liked to have seen a Deck Airflow Reducer. But I like a more Restrictive Hit than probably most.

The Flavor is Good. But I will probably put a piece of Silicone Tubing in the deck hole and see if that makes the Flavor even Better.

Over-All it is a Very Nice RDTA. And (IMO) worth the Price.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    My Wotofo Serpent RDTA came today. It's a Very Nice RDTA.

Very Good Machining / Fit n' Finish.
    Easy to build and Large Deck.
    Big Wicking Holes.
    Fill System Couldn't be Easier.
    My 510 Drip Tips all seem to Fit in the 510 Adapter.
    Doesn't seem to Leak.

My only Nit is that it is Kinda Airy. And would have liked to have seen a Deck Airflow Reducer. But I like a more Restrictive Hit than probably most.

The Flavor is Good. But I will probably put a piece of Silicone Tubing in the deck hole and see if that makes the Flavor even Better.

Over-All it is a Very Nice RDTA. And (IMO) worth the Price.

I ordered a Wotofo Serpent Mini yesterday from fasttech. Looks like to Mini has a 4mm air hole that will more than likely be too much air for me. I'll probably try inserting a coil of the right size (with legs removed) into the air hole to reduce it to 2.5mm. I might have to find a length of 24ga or 22ga SS for that.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I ordered a Wotofo Serpent Mini yesterday from fasttech. Looks like to Mini has a 4mm air hole that will more than likely be too much air for me. I'll probably try inserting a coil of the right size (with legs removed) into the air hole to reduce it to 2.5mm. I might have to find a length of 24ga or 22ga SS for that.

You actually Might not need to.

The Serpent Mini has a Smaller/Narrower air inlet slot in it's base. And it is Easier to Restrict the airflow.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    so this happened..
    WSSASF-4.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Mine arrived yesterday. I built it with one of the included Claptons (with an extra wrap), wicked with Rayon and it is a really sweet little RDTA. Excellent flavor and vapor, but quite noisy... It's living on my Pico at 55W right now, a perfect fit and look.

Won't be a daily driver though, the EXO RTA in single coil mode and the Ammit are filling that spot very nicely. :thumbs:

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    @TrollDragon , please let us know how the noise is if you change coil properties. I hate noisy tanks, which is why my STMs sit idle.
    Its noisy, different coils haven't made a difference to me. I started with a n80 contact coil, then tried a spaced SS316 build, and am currently using a fused Clapton. Its been noisy the entire time, it's not terrible, IMO, but its noticeably louder than my other tanks and worth mentioning.

MMW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    I've been using mine all day for four days.
    It'sa great little atty IMO. However, I am not too fond of the clamps. They should have made them totally flat without a center protruding post. It doesn't feel super secure. The screws are also meh.
    Currently running a triple parallel 26g ss316l 3.5mm.
    No noise besides a normal air intake.
    Great dense vape.
    0ISo.jpg

0ISX.jpg

0ISm.jpg

0ISS.jpg

0IS1.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    @TrollDragon , please let us know how the noise is if you change coil properties. I hate noisy tanks, which is why my STMs sit idle.
    I didn't think that changing coils would alter the noise, seems to be the design that makes it noisy. The hard 90 degree turn in the airflow greatly contributes to the noise.

I never ever did pick up an STM. I checked out a few at the local B&M a long time ago and the noise was too much for me. The only thing worse that the loud whooshing sound is a whistle. The authentic CCI BFDFT I bought has a totally annoying whistle. You have to spend quite a bit of time adjusting build placement to reduce it, as it won't go away completely. Like I told CCI in an email conversation, the price one pays for an authentic should not come with a whistle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread