High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Just a quick question. Does anyone have any experience with the Origen 19/22?

Still in use, mostly with a single coil/mesh lately

4rItPQf.jpg

JRFII

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2016
Must admit, never tried a VG of any version. They seem really well built and the price is pretty modest compared to many 'high-end' tanks!

If you liked the GT2, you will really like the GT3. Again, it is more open than the 2 but they also have a PTFE insert to cut down the size of the hole from 3.5 to 2mm!! I stuck the steam tuners drop kit on mine and it works beautifully with the juice-flow control, no need for the pronged DT (you know, like the Rose 3!!).
Thanks for mentioning the ST drop kit. I love the vape from the GTIII but it's a monster. That's on my shopping list.

How about the Dome II? Have you been home to give it a go? @Mark Todd did a good review as always on it and I'm thinking about picking one up but would like to hear how it goes first.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Its quite a bit different. AF control is new with custom AFC rings, 3mm air-hole (!) under coil, new top cap(s) with top-fill. Deck is same (except for increased air) but overall an evolution rather than a revolution and more suited to D2L it seems from Mark's review...

From their facebook page

-Increased build room between posts. Up to 5mm coil ID!
-Air intake diameter has been increased inline with the V2 Reapers new 3mm max airflow
-Silicone O ring to make the juice control easier to turn.
-The stock airflow ring uses a dual airflow channel system which allows up to 3mm airflow adjustment in 0.5mm segments
-A new optional low airflow ring has been created. This ring has 5 holes and restricts the airflow to only one hole from the base of the Reaper. This allows for a very tight 1mm draw. These increments are: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 & 3mm

I went ahead and grabbed one. Not much if any risk involved with the Reaper based on my experience with the V1.

Kirbys117

Oct 16, 2016
No, not the 510, screw, from your earlier pic it looks like there is a bit of a pin showing and was wondering if that can be pushed. You also should be able to unscrew the gold plated post - I think it is threaded on?
the first one I got from VapinArt had that issue. Mine would bind a little while screwing on the chamber/tank section. It would go on, but not smoothly...It worked fine but the last few turns to tighten up the chamber to the deck were too tight. VapinArt exchanged it for a new one. They're good folks.
Thanks for the help I just got a replacement deck in today.

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
Only issue i had was the chamber disconnecting from the base in the pocket several times. The "hump" aids in catching on other items in the pocket or the rim of the pocket itself. Interesting enough the chamber/tank section does not wiggle or is easily removable by hand...
I am not fanboy enough to stick to products if I do not find them entirely convincing - no matter the price - so I sold it again. Taste is good, build quality is as good as expected from Norbert.
Other atties also taste good, have similar build quality and do not put embarassing wet marks in my pocket.

@VictorC Your pic is an Origen MK2, not a 19/22. Same company, different atty.

Last edited:
Reactions: brandonh94

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Got the Reaper V2 in this morning. Its basically what youd expect. Todd pretty much nailed it.
Nothing special about it other than the flavor is just top notch. Dont get me wrong machining, etc is high end quality. Its a damn good RTA.
I like the new air flow design over the old one. The AFC ring is tight and will not move from where you set it on its own. I found the second to smallest hole (1.5mm) is where I like it. Its the standard ring with 2 holes on opposite ends not the single hole MTL ring you have to purchase separately. I would think the 3mm holes would easily allow for restricted lung hits.
Top fill is convenient.
The standard top cap with the built in tip is adequate as I vaped the whole first tank on it just to see if I would like it, but it is a little shorter than what Im used to. Next fill up Im going to use the extension and a preferred tip.

The flavor is so dense and flavorful. Im just using a simple 2.5mm 1.2 ohm kanthal build, but the deck is large enough for much larger builds as Todd showed.

I initially wasnt that interested in purchasing the Reaper V2 as the V1 was great and in my regular rotation and I thought Id branch out to a skyline or just something different. I may still get a skyline eventually but Ive lost a bit of my desire for it. lol

I think you guys that are restricted lung but demand flavor will like this Reaper V2.

EDIT Just to add a couple cons to this tank. I do prefer using the top extension with my choice of drip tip. This adds a little extra height to the tank. It is titanium so it still lightweight. Another thing, I wish it held more eliquid. Looks like its 2 mil. Easy top filling somewhat minimizes that con but I felt it was worth mentioning. That could be a deal breaker for some and the overall height with the extension top cap for a 2mil tank. That being said this RTA vapes very well and Ive experienced no hiccups with it. Nets are very tasty.

EVL.jpg

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
@Mark Todd have you ever found a way to stop the narda from whistling so much?

Just got back into squanking and I love this atty but it's so damn loud.
I did but most would find it blasphemous. I took a dremel to my top cap enlarging the holes until they're just a hair bigger than the airholes in the deck. It's absolutely the quietest, smoothest draw I've ever experienced. Seems crazy, given what some people are paying for a NarDA but I have absolutely no plans of selling them. It went from a 9/10 to a 12/10.

You can do it with a drill too...but it's not quite as pretty.

JRFII

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2016
image.jpg

Well I added a couple more dollars to the Hussar investment and I'm pretty happy with the result. Steam Tuners did a bang up job here.
The flavor is quite wonderful and the ST kit simplifies the device for a stooge like me. Honestly, I find the flavor right there with the Origen with a twisted 30 @ 1.0 build. I run the Origen with twin 28's @ .7, NET's and cotton.
Fondled a Dome II this week...shoulda bought...probably will. Mark Todd's review has me intrigued in RTA form and it's a rare find which kicked my OCD into overdrive.
Is there a 12 step for vapegearaholics?

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
View attachment 645333
it's a rare find which kicked my OCD into overdrive.
Is there a 12 step for vapegearaholics?
I think this is it... we accept our condition, post pics, tell war stories... we need a coffee machine, candy bars & donuts, and a parking lot where everybody chainvapes all the time, and we're all set! Oh, say, think it's time for my meds, s'cuse me, gotta go.

Reactions: Yonjuro

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
A whistling AF is a killer for me, it drives me bonkers. I don't mind various sounds from the AF, but if it is high pitched then back in the box it goes.

I found the AF on the Rose 3 to whistle badly at the draw I liked to vape it at. It is one of the few atties that I happily sold and don't regret for a second.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
What whistle, the NarDA doesn't whistle?

Yours sincerely

NarDA fanboy with ear plugs in ;)
It really is best squanker, I've tried odis, hadaly iai, etc. Some of those may be better in design but the narda still vapes better imo and is more leak resistant.

Only thing is the damn whistling, it wakes up my gf & it's impossible to stealth.

Reactions: Mark Todd

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I did but most would find it blasphemous. I took a dremel to my top cap enlarging the holes until they're just a hair bigger than the airholes in the deck. It's absolutely the quietest, smoothest draw I've ever experienced. Seems crazy, given what some people are paying for a NarDA but I have absolutely no plans of selling them. It went from a 9/10 to a 12/10.

You can do it with a drill too...but it's not quite as pretty.
I'd do that, if I had an extra cap.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'd do that, if I had an extra cap.
Agreed...I will probably pick up another cap if I ever see one just so I have one...but I'd probably drill it too. I think Odis has some aftermarket caps that seem reasonable. Delrin, Blasted SS.... Delrin would be simple to mod. $35 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread