Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Any Calix cage tank option on the website is compatible with the V3.

The V3 cage tank is compatible with the v1 and v2 units as well.

I haven't checked for the full metal tank, but I'm sure the v2 metal tank fits the V3.
I've only found the "armor sleeve for calix" and I see threads on the upper portion of the sleeve. is that compatible for the calix v3 push-top cap?

maybe I need to go and watch the video again.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: HBcorpse

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I've only found the "armor sleeve for calix" and I see threads on the upper portion of the sleeve. is that compatible for the calix v3 push-top cap?

That tank will only work with the v1/v2 caps...but that tank cap assembly will work on a V3 base.

Reactions: cliffy15

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Reactions: qorax

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Yes, there will be an upgrade kit for the base in 2-3 months. Not for the top cap though.

Is there already an ETA for the upgrade Base V2-> V3?

I cannot picture what this upgrade would look like or how it would work...

The build deck/SS cup fits in both bases, and the tanks fit both bases...

Reactions: qorax

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu

The v2/v1 tanks that have threads on top for the threaded top cap, are not compatible with the v3.
The v3 is only in Cage mode at the moment. The sleeves for the previous Cage models fit. Not the entire Cage tube. You can find them here. The tank of the v3 has a different length, so it has a different chamber as well. The base of the v3 can be used on a v2/v1.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
ugh... I've been trying to order on my phone but the site hangs on the address portion of the PayPal checkout... need to try from my laptop

edit: woot! got my order in! I tried three times in three different ways. checkout system kept getting hung up. I had to click links to open up brand new browser windows to get things to go through.

I wasn't able to find spare glass tanks or cup insulators for the Calix v3. Will those be available?

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
ugh... I've been trying to order on my phone but the site hangs on the address portion of the PayPal checkout... need to try from my laptop

edit: woot! got my order in! I tried three times in three different ways. checkout system kept getting hung up. I had to click links to open up brand new browser windows to get things to go through.

I wasn't able to find spare glass tanks or cup insulators for the Calix v3. Will those be available?

There aren't specific spare glass tanks or cup insulators for the V3...

All the spare glass tanks for all Calix (Cage tanks) are the same.

SS cup insulators from all Calix and Apollo models are the same.

Load 'em into your cart!

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
There aren't specific spare glass tanks or cup insulators for the V3...

All the spare glass tanks for all Calix (Cage tanks) are the same.

SS cup insulators from all Calix and Apollo models are the same.

Load 'em into your cart!
thanks much for that info! I'll have to make another order to make sure I have some spares :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Final editing now, Uploading in 1-hr
1f642.png
:)

Calix3 Easy Coils YT Thumb2.jpg

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
question:

I literally received my Calix v3 in the mail under an hour ago. since then, I've been checking it out before doing a first build.

should the glass have a bit of play when everything is fully assembled? I screwed the deck in, made sure the lower o-ring sat below the threads for the cage, screwed on the cage, dropped the glass in, then screwed on the upper ring (that the cap slides over).

once that's done I noticed that the glass can jiggle up and down inside the cage.

is that normal?

edit: I took a syringe and tried to fill the tank with water (with with flow control completely closed) and all water poured out before I could even think of grabbing the lid. I feel as though I'm missing an o-ring somewhere but I don't think I am. I have one below where the cage screws onto the deck and one on the underside of the cage lid.

edit2: I think I got it! there's another o-ring that can fit in the groove on the inside/bottom of the lip of the cage. I think that will do it...

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
question:

I literally received my Calix v3 in the mail under an hour ago. since then, I've been checking it out before doing a first build.

should the glass have a bit of play when everything is fully assembled? I screwed the deck in, made sure the lower o-ring sat below the threads for the cage, screwed on the cage, dropped the glass in, then screwed on the upper ring (that the cap slides over).

once that's done I noticed that the glass can jiggle up and down inside the cage.

is that normal?

edit: I took a syringe and tried to fill the tank with water (with with flow control completely closed) and all water poured out before I could even think of grabbing the lid. I feel as though I'm missing an o-ring somewhere but I don't think I am. I have one below where the cage screws onto the deck and one on the underside of the cage lid.

edit2: I think I got it! there's another o-ring that can fit in the groove on the inside/bottom of the lip of the cage. I think that will do it...

That's the one!

Reactions: Billie-cig

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread