Brand New - Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildest

Mar 23, 2017
Hello everyone!

Brand new to the forum and I am also very new to the vaping scene. I myself, do not vape. However, I am asking these questions for my 60 year old mother who has recently received an e-cig for her birthday to help her quit smoking.

This is the type of product she received for her birthday. eGo ONE Mini - Joyetech

We put it together, charged it, put in the juice and tried to get it to work. The first problem I faced was the fact that the liquid seemed to be leaking out of the chamber and down onto the rest of the e-cig. We cleaned it off and tried turning it on again, this time when we pressed the button down smoke started to spit and sputter out of the mouth piece. It was a little concerning to say the least!

I also noticed that that the atomizer base and the battery section would get pretty hot after 2 hits. Is this normal? Is it suppose to get hot?

I apologize for all the questions and thank you for your time!

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Hi Wildest, and welcome. I'm afraid I'm not going to be any help, but hopefully someone will come along and help you out. I use an ego one mega, same thing only larger, and have never experienced that problem. That is a good s/u, and I hope you get it worked out. Good luck to you and your mom.
If you don't get any help here, go here when you have enough posts, they may be able to help you out. eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello everyone!
Brand new to the forum and I am also very new to the vaping scene. I myself, do not vape. However, I am asking these questions for my 60 year old mother who has recently received an e-cig for her birthday to help her quit smoking.
This is the type of product she received for her birthday. eGo ONE Mini - Joyetech
We put it together, charged it, put in the juice and tried to get it to work. The first problem I faced was the fact that the liquid seemed to be leaking out of the chamber and down onto the rest of the e-cig. We cleaned it off and tried turning it on again, this time when we pressed the button down smoke started to spit and sputter out of the mouth piece. It was a little concerning to say the least!
I also noticed that that the atomizer base and the battery section would get pretty hot after 2 hits. Is this normal? Is it suppose to get hot?
I apologize for all the questions and thank you for your time!
Welcome and glad you joined. Sounds like you need a little hands on help. If you have a B&M vape shop in your area, I'm sure they can help. Hang in there and keep learning, it's worth it.
Might like to check out:
eGo ONE Mini - Joyetech - Google Search

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
You need to unscrew the battery from the base when you put the new coil in - or tighten it. Do this, unscrew the battery from the base, make sure the coil is tight, then put it back together and try again. The coil doesn't seat right with the battery on that base.. When filling, avoid the center air hole, fill at a 45 degree angle so you do that more easily.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
You've received good replies thus far. I'll add that on occasion, with a new device, upon first disassembly a seal (o-ring) may become unseated or stick to the wrong surface or fall off all together. If this happened the tank will leak.

I'll also add that a little cracking and popping and spitting is normal at start up. It should go away after a few vapes if your mom doesn't puff on it too hard. The puff technique is much softer and slower than taking a drag. It is something we each must develop, our own vaping "style".
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread