17264300_1289259734496550_7356443569142602281_n.jpg

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Jmur...

... and of course anyone interested in a good source for satellite data... ie visible, water vapor, IR etc... This is a source for the new GOES-16 hirez satellite imagery. This link takes you to the Central US images but you can select any region or type you want from the list on the left side. I needed to zoom out in order to get the full images....

COD NEXLAB: GOES16 Visible

CcaT

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Washington State
I had an interesting weekend...

Sunday came around again and being my only day off from both jobs there are two things we traditionally do. Dog day and french fry day. We take the dog out for a car ride and a trip into his favorite store or to the beach, and we get my wife her weekly fix of McDonalds fries.

Hit the drive through at Micky-D's and as I go to have my debit card out it catches on the window frame and goes flying. After uttering a few curses I pop the door and look down. No card in sight.

A few more curses and I squeeze out the door, close it and get down on all fours in the drive through and look under the car. Still can't see it.

I go around the other side to see if it's behind a tire or something. No dice.
Check inside the car (though I was sure it had fallen outside) and it's not there either. There is no sign of my card anywhere.

On a whim I peek into the narrow little slot where people can drop their change to donate to Ronald McDonald House though I knew there was NO WAY it could have slipped through there on the fly.

I see the corner of my debit card waaaaaaay down in the bottom of the bin with all the change.

More curses follow.

The cashier says the donations are locked so she'll have to call the manager. Manager comes and lets me know that they don't even have a key. Someone from the bank that runs the charity for the area comes and empties it every few days so there's no way they can get into it.

Many more intricate curses follow.

After a few minutes I'm surrounded by about a half dozen junior MacGyvers in McDonald's uniforms trying to rig up a way to fish out my debit card from the bottom of a bin being a narrow slot.

Then winner ended up being a grill brush with double sided tape wrapped around the end.

I got my card back, my wife got her fries and KB got to go shopping for charcoal mint dog treats. Everyone was happy.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Sunday came around again and being my only day off from both jobs there are two things we traditionally do. Dog day and french fry day. We take the dog out for a car ride and a trip into his favorite store or to the beach, and we get my wife her weekly fix of McDonalds fries.

Hit the drive through at Micky-D's and as I go to have my debit card out it catches on the window frame and goes flying. After uttering a few curses I pop the door and look down. No card in sight.

A few more curses and I squeeze out the door, close it and get down on all fours in the drive through and look under the car. Still can't see it.

Check inside the car (though I was sure it had fallen outside) and it's not there either. There is no sign of my card anywhere.

On a whim I peek into the narrow little slot where people can drop their change to donate to Ronald McDonald House though I knew there was NO WAY it could have slipped through there on the fly.

I see the corner of my debit card waaaaaaay down in the bottom of the bin with all the change.

More curses follow.

The cashier says the donations are locked so she'll have to call the manager. Manager comes and lets me know that they don't even have a key. Someone from the bank that runs the charity for the area comes and empties it every few days so there's no way they can get into it.

After a few minutes I'm surrounded by about a half dozen junior MacGyvers in McDonald's uniforms trying to rig up a way to fish out my debit card from the bottom of a bin being a narrow slot.

Then winner ended up being a grill brush with double sided tape wrapped around the end.

I got my card back, my wife got her fries and KB got to go shopping for charcoal mint dog treats. Everyone was happy.

Wow what a 1 in a million shot that was......glad everything came out alright....(pun intended).....and really glad you got o enjoy your day off.....

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →

More curses follow.

:banana::banana: YAY for da grill brush !!! :laugh: So how many angry hungry peoples was behind you in the dribe thru line ? Hope wifeys fries wasm't cold afta dat :laugh: That's just crazy the manager didn't habe a key. Maybes when the box peoples hear the story dey will give them one. Butts I hopes you neber have to find out :smokie:

CcaT

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Washington State
:banana::banana: YAY for da grill brush !!! :laugh: So how many angry hungry peoples was behind you in the dribe thru line ? Hope wifeys fries wasm't cold afta dat :laugh: That's just crazy the manager didn't habe a key. Maybes when the box peoples hear the story dey will give them one. Butts I hopes you neber have to find out :smokie:

Actually, not many people were held up. While we were fishing for the card they had someone come out and go between the cars and the window so people could pay and move on to the next window. :D

CcaT

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Washington State
A little over a month ago my cousin's family lost their dog while out on a hike. After weeks of searching they'd giving up and didn't think they'd ever see her again.

This afternoon some rangers came across her and she's home!
17880504_10155168695119254_6584915699631320115_o.jpg

32 days on her own in the woods and the vet said that aside from a little weight loss, she's perfectly healthy!

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
A little over a month ago my cousin's family lost their dog while out on a hike. After weeks of searching they'd giving up and didn't think they'd ever see her again.

This afternoon some rangers came across her and she's home!
17880504_10155168695119254_6584915699631320115_o.jpg

32 days on her own in the woods and the vet said that aside from a little weight loss, she's perfectly healthy!
WOW ! And she's bootiful too
heart_zps3fayaixy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread