DNA60 Wire Size Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently purchased the DNA60 to make a stabwood mod. After looking at the specs I notice that the recommended wire size for the output wire is 14awg silicone insulated. I have some different variations of 14awg with different strand counts and no matter what wire I chose the hole to solder the wire in on the board just doesn't accept 14awg. I find 16awg to just absolutely barely fit. Is this a common issue and what do you do to fix this problem? I can cut a few strands and get it to fit that way but they are the ones to recommend this size wire so one would assume the solder point would accept it. Especially given that the maximum size is 12awg, there is no way some would fit 12 gauge in there. What am I doing wrong?

I've searched for this question all over and just can't get any results so I appologize if this has been asked before.

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
I haven't worked with a dna 60 chip just yet, but I'll agree with you that Evolv isn't generous with their hole sizes for the wires they say they want. You can solder the wire "onto" the terminal point rather than poke it through the hole. What I've done on others, though, is use high strand counts (smaller strands) and peel 5-6 strands back, usually the wire will slide in. Those dangling strands I wrap around right below where the wire insulation is cut off and ensure their included in the solder joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread