Wotofo Serpent Mini RTA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKVapester

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2016
Whats up Vapesters! In this review I will be looking at the Wotofo Serpent Mini which was sent to me by Wotofo for the purpose of review.

Lets start off with some stats and dimensions: -

Materials: Pyrex Glass + Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 29x22mm (Length x Width)
Weight: 0.080 kg
Single coil Build Deck
Capacity: 3ml

What do you get when you buy this from new?

1x Wotofo Serpent Mini Single coil RTA
1x Spare Part and Hex Key Pack
1x Japanese Organic Cotton
1x Pack of Wotofo Comp Wire
1x Additional Glass tank Section

I will now review 6 areas of the tank and give my honest opinion. The areas I will cover are; Deck, Air flow, filling up, flavour, cloud production and cleaning the tank. I will then finish off with a list of pros and cons.

Deck:
This tank has a two post design which accommodates a single coil. The positioning of the posts allow for the coil to hang right above the air flow. The posts use a vice styled mechanism to keep the coil in place, this also allows for a lot of freedom when adjusting your coil. I found building on this deck incredibly easy, you simply line up your coil in the middle over the air flow. Then you push the coil end into the first vice and tighten it steadily with the hex key provided, you then repeat this with the other vice. Cut off any excess coil (make sure you cut as closely to the vice as you can). Add cotton and guide the ends to fit in the grooves (this is easier when the cotton is wet). Cut the ends of the cotton just above the floor and attach the base to the rest of the tank. Simple!

serpent-08.jpg

Air Flow:
Not too much to say about the air flow. It works and it works well. Fully open it gives you a great amount of air flow, plenty for me but I do have it fully open all of the time. The adjustment ring will stop on both end of the scale (closed off to full open) this makes it alot easier when taking apart. I cant really fault the air flow as it is smooth and works well for me, the only issue I can make is because it is a small ring at the bottom of the tank it might be a bit fiddly for some people to adjust it once on a mod.

Filling up:
This top fill tank with its clean threads and wide filling holes has to be one of the easiest tanks I have used to fill up. The usual issues that comes with tanks don't seem to be present with the Serpent mini. I have not had any left over residue, never accidentally opening it up and never struggled to fit any of my e-liquid bottles in the filling gap.

Flavour:
Holy ....! Wow! The flavour from this tank is incredible, fantastic, top of its class! I compare the flavour of this tank to that of a high end dripper. Its short design with its smooth air flow seems to be the winning formula for flavour... However it does come at a cost. Due to the tank being short, you are closer to the coil. This does allow for great flavour but it also creates a hot vape and a bit of spit back. In its defense the spit back is minimal but when I put a 0.4ohm clapton coil above 50watts the vape turns too hot for my liking. Of course this is all subjective and those who like a warm to hot vape might love this.

Cloud production:
This is no competition winner. Some of my clouds have been very underwhelming. Of course you can always build low and wack up the wattage to push some clouds but like I mentioned before this will come at a hot cost. If you are wanting a tank to impress your friends with clouds, this is not the one for you.

Cleaning the tank:
This tank is simplistic and in being so it is very easy to take apart, which results in it being very easy to clean. Some vapers underestimate the importance of cleaning, not just for hygiene but also to get the correct flavour from your liquid.

Pros:
* Stealthy
* Simplistic
* Amazing flavour
* Easy to build
* Well built

Cons:
* Vape can get too hot for me personally
* Capacity on the small side (Not a problem for me)

Conclusion:
At the time of writing this review the Serpent Mini RTA by Wotofo is my favorite tank. Coming from a guy who reviews vape gear and has sucked on alot of tips... Tips of tanks*. This little tank packs a really big punch and if you are thinking about getting one, just do it! You wont have any regrets.

A video review on this tank and many more can be found on my youtube channel, please go check it out and subscribe <3

UK VAPESTER

- Rob (UK Vapester)

serpent-01_1.jpg

serpent-07.jpg

serpent-05.jpg

serpent-04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread