Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
If Wismec would have took the Rx, swapped the 510, and put a bottle in the 3rd battery spot a year ago they would have made a killing. The chip isn't great for tc but plenty good enough at the RX200 price point.

If you want inexpensive dual battery regulated in an RX form factor, Dripbox 160 is pretty darn good. Just beware if you get a painted one and be prepared for edge chipping. I went for the "stainless" and have no complaints. They come on sale in the mid-$30 range. Geekvape S100 might be a good choice too, a little more $ and they're only now starting to ship, but it looks like they gave a lot of attention to the finish and feel. Both have the same kind of bottle system, which works very well IMO.

Screenshot 2017-03-18 at 9.17.10 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-03-18 at 9.14.44 PM.png

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
SE US
If you want inexpensive dual battery regulated in an RX form factor, Dripbox 160 is pretty darn good. Just beware if you get a painted one and be prepared for edge chipping. I went for the "stainless" and have no complaints. They come on sale in the mid-$30 range. Geekvape S100 might be a good choice too, a little more $ and they're only now starting to ship, but it looks like they gave a lot of attention to the finish and feel. Both have the same kind of bottle system, which works very well IMO.

View attachment 642419 View attachment 642421
I'm aware of most of what's out there. From paint peeling to poor chips and battery life to proprietary bottles and systems, low user serviceability, lack of spare parts and customer service, poor QC, shoddy 510s, the list goes on and on. All of them have way too many con's for me. The only bf mod I would recommend in good conscience under 100 is the coppervape. Its a shame, I wish there were more reasonably priced bf mods out there for people to try without a large investment especially with so many not wanting to use mechs but, IMO, despite companies putting out bf mods they push out pretty awful devices instead of trying to actually learn and take knowledge from the squonking community. They replicate it in typical Chinese fashion and completely screw it up.

There is no reason a good quality squonker couldn't be put out at a reasonable price point by one of the big companies but so far they've all been a big flop for me and aren't weren't half what they are charging. Even the more expensive ones like the lost vape stuff have issues though to a much lesser extent. Take the new drone for instance why in the world you put the bottle beside and behind a battery instead of having it in front with two batteries behind it?

I really hope squonking continues to become more mainstream and we can finally see some reasonably priced regulated squonker but until that day comes I'll keep squirreling 10 a week from my pretty meager budget for a CAM LBC.

I'd rather pay for quality once and have a mod that will last and I enjoy than spend the same buying things I know aren't up to snuff. Thankfully I've got my CVs to get me through till then. I just hope the fda hasn't killed vaping before I can afford one.

EDIT: I do appreciate the suggestion though and I don't want it to seem like I don't. Just took the opportunity for a tangential rant.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm aware of most of what's out there. From paint peeling to poor chips and battery life to proprietary bottles and systems, low user serviceability, lack of spare parts and customer service, poor QC, shoddy 510s, the list goes on and on. All of them have way too many con's for me. The only bf mod I would recommend in good conscience under 100 is the coppervape. ...

It's kinda Funny.

But it is like the Squonk Mod market is running about 2 Years behind the Regular Mod market.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I'm aware of most of what's out there. From paint peeling to poor chips and battery life to proprietary bottles and systems, low user serviceability, lack of spare parts and customer service, poor QC, shoddy 510s, the list goes on and on. All of them have way too many con's for me. The only bf mod I would recommend in good conscience under 100 is the coppervape. Its a shame, I wish there were more reasonably priced bf mods out there for people to try without a large investment especially with so many not wanting to use mechs but, IMO, despite companies putting out bf mods they push out pretty awful devices instead of trying to actually learn and take knowledge from the squonking community. They replicate it in typical Chinese fashion and completely screw it up.

There is no reason a good quality squonker couldn't be put out at a reasonable price point by one of the big companies but so far they've all been a big flop for me and aren't weren't half what they are charging. Even the more expensive ones like the lost vape stuff have issues though to a much lesser extent. Take the new drone for instance why in the world you put the bottle beside and behind a battery instead of having it in front with two batteries behind it?

I really hope squonking continues to become more mainstream and we can finally see some reasonably priced regulated squonker but until that day comes I'll keep squirreling 10 a week from my pretty meager budget for a CAM LBC.

I'd rather pay for quality once and have a mod that will last and I enjoy than spend the same buying things I know aren't up to snuff. Thankfully I've got my CVs to get me through till then. I just hope the fda hasn't killed vaping before I can afford one.

EDIT: I do appreciate the suggestion though and I don't want it to seem like I don't. Just took the opportunity for a tangential rant.

It's kinda Funny.

But it is like the Squonk Mod market is running about 2 Years behind the Regular Mod market.

I'm more glass half full about the subject. Think of where squonking mods were only a year ago. High cost of entry or otherwise DIY, no interest from the bigger manufacturers. Now those companies are falling over themselves to get in. There are clever designers in those companies, and we've seen some genuine creativity. For example, the rather brilliant and original bottle system on the Kangers, now copied in several others. Along with that has come commodity priced replacement bottles for those "proprietary" systems: 35-50 cents per bottle (Kanger, Squeeze, Inbox) vs. $6 per bottle for the soft Italians. These developments are getting more vapers into squonking, and more demand means more resources put by the manufacturers into improving the products.

The squonk market is filling out from the bottom up, friends. Some cheap and crappy products, some cheap and promising, others cheap and excellent like CV. I very much like this trend, and believe it will be good for all of us. Meanwhile I still have my lowest shelf squonkers like Dripbox 60, Pico Squeeze, and Frankenskull in daily use, and none has yet to fail. If/when the do, no biggie. There are more and better coming. :)

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

The squonk market is filling out from the bottom up, friends. Some cheap and crappy products, some cheap and promising, others cheap and excellent like CV. I very much like this trend, and believe it will be good for all of us. ...

That's a Very Good observation West.

:thumb:

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
I try to make it a point to never track any orders from china BUT this morning for some crazy reason I took a squint at my FT order with the brass CV in it and , well , it's gonna be a fab Friday cos my stuff is " out for delivery" and will be here today ,,,,
I may have to make up some fake illness and and get out of the " salt mine" early so I can get home and start to play with my new toy.
Come on folks sing with me "Happy days are here again" lol...:rickroll:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Got an Ashura RDTA in trade, and converted it to BF. Since it's already a slightly goofy atty, I installed the even goofier tank section. :) Quite nice vape for top air. Nice, that is, when my lips don't block the air inlets and gimmie zilch. :rolleyes: Pretty restrictive draw full open. Gonna use it for awhile before I think about messing with the cap and AFC.

IMAG2493_picmonkeyed.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Got an Ashura RDTA in trade, and converted it to BF. Since it's already a slightly goofy atty, I installed the even goofier tank section. :) Quite nice vape for top air. Nice, that is, when my lips don't block the air inlets and gimmie zilch. :rolleyes: Pretty restrictive draw full open. Gonna use it for awhile before I think about messing with the cap and AFC.

View attachment 643885
it appears you've shattered the record for over squonking.

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
Well got my Brasser in and this is what I'm up against,,, any fix for this ?.
BTW I love the mod but this gap happens with my Goon and the IAI BF 2.0.
It doesn't effect the vape at all but looks .... ugly me thinks..
I hate to bother y'all on Sunday but , well , sorry lol.
100_1832.jpg

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Well got my Brasser in and this is what I'm up against,,, any fix for this ?.
BTW I love the mod but this gap happens with my Goon and the IAI BF 2.0.
It doesn't effect the vape at all but looks .... ugly me thinks..
I hate to bother y'all on Sunday but , well , sorry lol. View attachment 644023
There should be 2 small holes under the 510 that will accept a pair of little blue screwdrivers. Turn them counter clockwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread