Cleaning mechs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Thanks daviedog. After close inspection, I've decided I want three new gus switches now...
My heavy handedness has given some dents to the threading. Not on the outside where the tubes make contact.
They are on the insides so you can't see it but i know it's there :(
Now you do too.

Good to know for the future though :thumb:

For someone so particular about any blemish, you sure are hard on your stuff! Can't say I have ever damaged any threading on a mech.

Hope you get it sorted soon though matey.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
For someone so particular about any blemish, you sure are hard on your stuff! Can't say I have ever damaged any threading on a mech.

Hope you get it sorted soon though matey.

I know. I'm really rough when tightening things out side of on the device, like when I had to use pliers to remove a button I slipped and scratched the inner threading, happens a lot :( butter fingers. No more though but...

Just popped to the shop and dropped my favourite piece on the concrete. Paps v4 and phenomenon. £200 rig scratched and chipped now. No more sandpaper though :cry:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Awww man. That sucks.
GP may have some replacement parts laying around.

When I first got into mechs I got out of my car and forgot my mod was in my lap.
Ruined a sweet mod...but it was a clone.
Ever since that day I leave the authentics at home unless its a special occasion. Even then I bring a clone along.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Awww man. That sucks.
GP may have some replacement parts laying around.

When I first got into mechs I got out of my car and forgot my mod was in my lap.
Ruined a sweet mod...but it was a clone.
Ever since that day I leave the authentics at home unless its a special occasion. Even then I bring a clone along.

I know. Absolutely fuming. Though GP have put out a interest sheet on their website. If you put your name down a preorder becomes available and you can get them for reduced price (me thinks)
€49 for a V4!
Have a look if your interested.

I can get two more. one for indoors one for out ;)

I just like authentics so I'll have to pay that price I guess...

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I know. Absolutely fuming. Though GP have put out a interest sheet on their website. If you put your name down a preorder becomes available and you can get them for reduced price (me thinks)
€49 for a V4!

Thats a really good price.
I may have to grab one.
I have a v3 around here somewhere.
GP makes really nice gear.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Thats a really good price.
I may have to grab one.
I have a v3 around here somewhere.
GP makes really nice gear.

Hold on actually. I seen €49 on the shop page and €89 on the list? Have a look for yourself.
Maybe I'll get two still. We'll see how the weak bank account looks when there's more news.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hold on actually. I seen €49 on the shop page and €89 on the list? Have a look for yourself.
Maybe I'll get two still. We'll see how the weak bank account looks when there's more news.
I would love to pick up a v4 or two @ €49 but keep missing the boat when they become available. €89 is a bit pricy for me to add one (or two) as my dollar sucks vs the Euro, but I would be all over €49.

I want to order a few replacement parts for my two GP X and v3 mods, but the shipping cost doesn't make sense unless I order a mod along with the parts.

I'm very happy with what I have currently, so I won't be devistated if I can't ultimately get my hands on a v4.

P.s. I use Nevr-Dull to clean my brass and copper mods. Stinky stuff but works well. I rarely clean them, so am not really worried about it.

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
P.s. I use Nevr-Dull to clean my brass and copper mods. Stinky stuff but works well. I rarely clean them, so am not really worried about it.

Are you not worried about dirt ruining the threads of your expensive mods?

And yeah, I think it's 89. I did get a 49 one but I think that was the clear out price.
I may be wrong though.

Btw, I can choose a €7 shipping option instead of dhl.
I never do but have a look.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Are you not worried about dirt ruining the threads of your expensive mods?

And yeah, I think it's 89. I did get a 49 one but I think that was the clear out price.
I may be wrong though.

Btw, I can choose a €7 shipping option instead of dhl.
I never do but have a look.
My shipping is always €15 DHL. Not crazy, but hard to justify when buying a few €2-5 items. Hard to complain when my shipment gets from Bulgaria to Canada in 2-3 days though!

I don't seem to get my mechs that dirty so no thread concerns. After a camping trip or a crazy boozefest night, I will completely clean and put some No-ox-it on the threads, but that doesn't happen much. If threads start feeling stiff or crunchy, I clean them.

I DO rotate thru my GP, Gus, Nemmy, HoH authentics and mucho clones though. And I also use my Alien and Battlestar a lot.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
€49 for a V4!

U DROPPED IT? The new one?
While you are visiting VaporArt, check out the holster. Came free with the Lux, a lot nicer than i thought.
A grievous loss indeed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread