Status
Not open for further replies.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I mixed some up at the same % as you and didn't think it was a standalone really and I let it sit for a couple weeks. It's a little less sweet than I'd like, a little one dimensional, good base but could use some body. I was going to try adding some marshmallow and/or fruit but... so many flavors, so little attention span.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I haven't bought that one yet, @VapeLuvr. How long did you steep it?
I see a lot of ELR Notes about how terribly strong it is, but I wouldn't let that keep me away from a 3% test.

I tried it after only 1 day! I guess I'll give it some time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: man00ver

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
For me it's a steeper, I use it at no more than 2%, for a main profile, but I also use other creams or marshmallows to the mix. There is a strong almost burnt cake-ness that I get from it that stays there for a few days to a week before it mellows out. I also like to balance out the cake to lemon ratio with a little added lemon.

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
For me it's a steeper, I use it at no more than 2%, for a main profile, but I also use other creams or marshmallows to the mix. There is a strong almost burnt cake-ness that I get from it that stays there for a few days to a week before it mellows out. I also like to balance out the cake to lemon ratio with a little added lemon.

Thanks for commenting, do you have a recipe to share that uses this flavor? Or what percentage do you use it with creams or marshmallow?

Reactions: Clark Kent

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
this one is pretty basic,
2% INW Lemon Cake
1.5% F.A. Lemon Siciley
.5% F.A. Joy
.5% F.A Torrone
1% F.A Nonna
The Torrone works as the Filler here, Joy at low percentage helped pull the flavors together, some people can't stand it but I like it at around .5% at this level its nothing but a bakery enhancer, if you go over 1% it starts to taste like stale flat beer to me. If I were to use creams I would go with lighter ones (Cap or TFA whipped cream) at 1-1.5% and if it is still rough around the edges 1% of EM/cotton candy and /or 1% of Cap or TFA Marshmallow.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Is this normally a stand alone flavor?
Many reviewers on ELR (and at least one on Reddit / DIY_eJuice) seem to think so. I'd expect a lemon cake flavor to be designed for solo use. How did your 2% test change with steeping, if at all?

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Many reviewers on ELR (and at least one on Reddit / DIY_eJuice) seem to think so. I'd expect a lemon cake flavor to be designed for solo use. How did your 2% test change with steeping, if at all?

I actually felt it got worse with time which is why I was wondering if people use it with other flavors

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I think that is why I added extra lemon and fillers to it, Like CagedSpam said is true to most lemons and citrus,I think there are a few that do not fade as fast, but generally most fruits are good from a few days to a month then down hill from there, I think it will help adding any lemon later after the initial steep of the cake. If you feel it needs more lemon.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I think that is why I added extra lemon and fillers to it, Like CagedSpam said is true to most lemons and citrus,I think there are a few that do not fade as fast, but generally most fruits are good from a few days to a month then down hill from there, I think it will help adding any lemon later after the initial steep of the cake. If you feel it needs more lemon.

I wonder how lemon sicily would be, that's the only lemon flavor I have at the moment

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
F.A. Lemon Sicily is a great lemon, It is one that has a fading issue though, fresh its great, Like I said earlier I use it with the INW lemon Cake at 1.5%. so if you mixed a single test of the cake a few drops should help it out, but don't expect it to stick around for a long time. The only lemon that I have that has any staying power more than the average steep is Flavor Express Lemon.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I wonder if adding another lemon flavor would help. What do you think @man00ver?
Too bad I don't have any to test! I'll get some next order. I know you said it "wasn't quite there," but I'm not sure what's missing for you. @Clark Kent seems to have some experience with it, and he's adding cake (Nonna's), dough (Joy), lemon (Lemon Sicily) and candy (Torrone) in his recipe above. Those ingredients might make a pretty decent "lemon cake" on their own, so if it needs that much assistance it makes the INW Lemon Cake seem essentially weak and worthless all-around, to begin with. Maybe that's true, but several reviewers differ, so I'm intrigued enough to find out for myself. Inawera rarely lets me down, but they haven't done much in the cake department before this.

I can only offer generic advice, for now. If it needs more lemon, or more cake, I'd try boosting the end I found lacking. FA Lemon Sicily should work on the lemon end, though I'd probably want to use my INW Lemon or INW-WG Lemon Mix. FA Nonna's Cake or CAP/FW Yellow Cake could boost the cake side, maybe even a little CAP Sugar Cookie. If it's too weak all around, rather than covering it with other ingredients I'd increase the dose, or the steep time, or both. If that didn't work it'd be time to move on. In order to stay in the stash, it has to bring something to the party, right?

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Too bad I don't have any to test! I'll get some next order. I know you said it "wasn't quite there," but I'm not sure what's missing for you. @Clark Kent seems to have some experience with it, and he's adding cake (Nonna's), dough (Joy), lemon (Lemon Sicily) and candy (Torrone) in his recipe above. Those ingredients might make a pretty decent "lemon cake" on their own, so if it needs that much assistance it makes the INW Lemon Cake seem essentially weak and worthless all-around, to begin with. Maybe that's true, but several reviewers differ, so I'm intrigued enough to find out for myself. Inawera rarely lets me down, but they haven't done much in the cake department before this.

I can only offer generic advice, for now. If it needs more lemon, or more cake, I'd try boosting the end I found lacking. FA Lemon Sicily should work on the lemon end, though I'd probably want to use my INW Lemon or INW-WG Lemon Mix. FA Nonna's Cake or CAP/FW Yellow Cake could boost the cake side, maybe even a little CAP Sugar Cookie. If it's too weak all around, rather than covering it with other ingredients I'd increase the dose, or the steep time, or both. If that didn't work it'd be time to move on. In order to stay in the stash, it has to bring something to the party, right?

Thanks, I knew you'd be a great help!

Reactions: man00ver

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
F.A. Lemon Sicily is a great lemon, It is one that has a fading issue though, fresh its great, Like I said earlier I use it with the INW lemon Cake at 1.5%. so if you mixed a single test of the cake a few drops should help it out, but don't expect it to stick around for a long time. The only lemon that I have that has any staying power more than the average steep is Flavor Express Lemon.

Thanks very much, I think I'll try it tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread