Status
Not open for further replies.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
Wow... LOTS of non-Inbox discussion on this thread, guys... :D

Just wanted to chime in for people with rattling doors and the like. I originally ordered the Inbox with carbon fiber panels, but I also got at the same time the "leather" and "wood" panels. Ironically, only the carbon fiber ones were not rattling. I solved this by placing a *tiny* amount of blutack in a corner, both for front and back panel. Now the doors are super steady and they still come out with no problem when needed.

So far I haven't needed to disassemble the box to properly clean it. I use a syringe to pump hot water through the tubing, while holding it above the sink, with the tube at a slight angle (don't want to pump the circuit full of water, clearly). Anybody has pictures of a disassembled Inbox?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The light brown Hide of the Naugha panels arrived yesterday. Back one fit perfectly and the front one rocked around like it was domed/warped. A little gentle bending here and there finally got it flat enough so it doesn't rock anymore. Not worth the time or effort to try and submit a FT claim and provide video proof.

Waiting on the rda's now...

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Back one fit perfectly and the front one rocked around like it was domed/warped. A little gentle bending here and there finally got it flat enough so it doesn't rock anymore.
That's a good idea.My carbon fiber looking ones rattled a bit when i first got the mod,but i guess some time of holding it must have made them flatten out,but my leather and wood ones are both pretty bad,i hadn't thought of trying to bend them a bit,i was just going to see if they would do the same as the black ones,but especially the leather ones are so bad i don't think i have enough patience to wait it out haha.

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
That's a good idea.My carbon fiber looking ones rattled a bit when i first got the mod,but i guess some time of holding it must have made them flatten out,but my leather and wood ones are both pretty bad,i hadn't thought of trying to bend them a bit,i was just going to see if they would do the same as the black ones,but especially the leather ones are so bad i don't think i have enough patience to wait it out haha.
I bent the panel very slightly in the spots I though it needed, takes a bit of time. Putting duct tape on the jaws of the bench vise helps keep it from marring the Naugha while using it to assist in bending. A little slide slop would be easy to remedy, when you press on one corner and the other one pops up, that's quite annoying...

Hope you can get yours flattened out.

When I submit the review of the panels on FT, there will be mention of how bent they are.

Reactions: b.m.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Thanks Rathamar!
I have the OL16 already on my DripBox 2 and would like to hear your impressions of the NoToy and Split when you get them. I can't stand whistle, so any that do, get boxed or junked.

My order from Fasttech showed up today with my NoToy Clone and Split Clone.

I have built them both and had a few hits off of each and while I want to spend a few more days with each before I decide which is staying on the Inbox (or if I am going back to my OL16), here are my first impressions

Airflow - The NoToy has a little less air then the OL16, the Split more airflow (set up with a single coil). I am a restricted DL Vaper so both fit in my wheelhouse.

Ease of building - both are very easy to build (more so then a single coil in the OL16) but the edge goes to the NoToy.

Flavor - both have that new coil flavor in them and are on par with what I am getting with the OL16. Time will tell here and I will see which is better after the coils have broken in. I will say that I am not getting spit back from either of them as I was in the OL16 so that is nice.

Here are a few pics - the driptips are not the ones that come with them -

NoToy -
33248955695_175fa115a0_z.jpg

Split -
33120624651_a7a7aaf033_z.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
My order from Fasttech showed up today with my NoToy Clone and Split Clone.

I have built them both and had a few hits off of each and while I want to spend a few more days with each before I decide which is staying on the Inbox (or if I am going back to my OL16), here are my first impressions

Airflow - The NoToy has a little less air then the OL16, the Split more airflow (set up with a single coil). I am a restricted DL Vaper so both fit in my wheelhouse.

Ease of building - both are very easy to build (more so then a single coil in the OL16) but the edge goes to the NoToy.

Flavor - both have that new coil flavor in them and are on par with what I am getting with the OL16. Time will tell here and I will see which is better after the coils have broken in. I will say that I am not getting spit back from either of them as I was in the OL16 so that is nice.

Here are a few pics - the driptips are not the ones that come with them -

NoToy -
33248955695_175fa115a0_z.jpg

Split -
33120624651_a7a7aaf033_z.jpg
Thanks for the info!
The Split sounds interesting, but I really don't need another genny style tank. ;)

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I see that the Augvape Druid, GeekVape Peerless and Oumier Wasp have been added to the excellent FT Squonking thread. (Those are three more RDA's I'll have to get.) :w00t:

A most excellent resource for all things Squonk at Fasttech.
Squonking at Fasttech: FastTech Forums

Dammit :-x Just when I think I am done buying new stuff........

Who am I kidding, I will add one or two to my next order....... :vapor:

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I see that the Augvape Druid, GeekVape Peerless and Oumier Wasp have been added to the excellent FT Squonking thread. (Those are three more RDA's I'll have to get.) :w00t:

I saw that Oumier Wasp and liked the look and design of it. Added it to my FT wishlist...lol

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA

So I liked the look of the Peerless and that made my list, but I also saw the Skywalker RDA on that list and I have to get that cause "Starwars" :lol:

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
The Peerless is a must have for sure. I can see Lucasfilm stomping a mud hole in UD's .... over the Skywalker they sue everyone... :lol:

Well its not Lucas films anymore....... its Disney and they will sue them, cause the mouse is evil.
:evil:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I don't use my profiles like that, I set them up by material. Like this...

I do the same, except there would NOT be any Sweet Spot TI wire or a profile setup for it. :lol:

These are the ones I use all the time.
kanthal-png.619211
ss316l-png.619213
ss430-png.619215
titanium-png.619217

I do need to add a NiFe70 profile for when it arrives next week.

I use the spare profile space for the drippers or tanks that usually stay on the mod.
squape-rs-png.619229
kronos-png.619225
crius-plus-png.619219
etc... :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread