GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Darn, I contacted support already, but I'm getting Unsecure Connection warnings when I go to register. :(

We haven’t any issue with our server until now. Maybe there is something from your computer or your service provider. Or the password you provided is too simple. You can try with different email too. All the payments are done through Paypal, so there isn't any danger.

UPDATE

Hmm, indeed, it appears on the new versions of Firefox and Chrome. I use Safari and I didn't know it.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I see the "Connection is not secure" warning in both FireFox and Chrome for the Vapourart's home page when I click on the info icon. Of course, I also see this warning for CNN's website. Neither use SSL, so the connection is not secure.

This is a new feature that is available starting in Firefox version 51.

Firefox will display a grey lock icon with a red strike-through in the address bar, when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.

I see this more prominent grey lock icon warning in both FireFox and Chrome for pages on Vapourart that have login and password fields, like when you create a new account. Similarly, I think that the connection is insecure because it is not using SSL. I think that warning is more prominent in this case because the user is going to send credentials over an unsecure connection that is not using SSL.

buergermeester

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Germany
Heron V1#11, I like it. Thanks GP
28695120bm.jpg

28695118av.jpg

28695117co.jpg

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I'm joining in. Got my V1 as well Perseas. Looking great.
I haven't even set it up yet because I'm waiting for more stuff to make a great vapourday. :thumbs:
IMG_0351.JPG

Can't wait to have a nice single malt when I try for the first time. Your drip tip defo brings it right back to 2017!

Quick question though. I watched Qorax video on the spheroid v3. He used 5x2cm filler. How much should I use for this one?
Also, he said that the juice is slowly dripped from the filler onto the wick. If you have it upright and don't vape it (like night-time) how does the deck not flood with juice constantly dripping?

Thanks

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
edit: apparently late to the party and most spares are out (not sure if/when they'll be available again) but I did manage to find some more Teflon drip tips at one of the GP authorized resellers - even though I prefer to buy directly from GP. [emoji5]

I knew I should've bought some extra single holsters while they were in stock. I somehow manage to misplace them quite easily. [emoji13]

Last edited:

buergermeester

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Germany
@Zutankhamun: Summary of "Golden Cut":
#Amount of filler material for Heron V1 tank 4.2 x 1.9 cm; alternatively 4.0 x 2.0.
#For wick take prepared 100% viscose balls, please cut strips with width ~1.8 cm like below pic.; you get better results against cotton candy, JP fluff, cotton bacon V2; betting!! No issues with ~50PG/~50VG juice and VG juice.
28697627qj.jpg

#Coil diameter 2.0 mm with resistance 1.5 - 1.8 Ohm.
#Adjusted device with variable Watt ~8.5 Ohm

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I haven't even set it up yet because I'm waiting for more stuff to make a great vapourday. :thumbs:
View attachment 643707
Can't wait to have a nice single malt when I try for the first time. Your drip tip defo brings it right back to 2017!

Quick question though. I watched Qorax video on the spheroid v3. He used 5x2cm filler. How much should I use for this one?
Also, he said that the juice is slowly dripped from the filler onto the wick. If you have it upright and don't vape it (like night-time) how does the deck not flood with juice constantly dripping?

Thanks
people use different lengths with different results but I personally use 80mm x 20mm in my Heron v1 with 50/50 liquid. if you use a higher-vg content liquid you'll need less. higher pg content will need more. I would recommend adjusting the length +/- 5mm at a time. the width always stays at appx. 20mm.

If you saturate the filler with liquid and turn the bell flat on a paper towel, no liquid should leak out. if it does, you either used too much liquid or your liquid is too thin for the amount of filler that you used (need more).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
View attachment 643707

Thanks

The negative pressure developing during inhaling is what drives the wicking. Keep it upright all night, use it on airplane, no issues.
A few more posts about fluff. However, the previous posters have covered the subject more than adequately.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
cliffy 15, we forgot which kind of fluff material for tank. I prefer JUWEL fluff.
Thank you
long story short, I've tried several different fluff-type materials before finally coming to the realization that the GP fluff v2 works best for me.

since then, I've stocked up on lots of it but I rarely have to replace it (usually just rinse, dry, fluff it up a bit and replace). in fact, the only time I really use more than a strip is when I'm testing to determine exactly how much fluff I need for a particular liquid. I make my own liquid, now, so I rarely ever need to change the fluff dimensions.

what I do is take more fluff length than I know I'll need and will test by repeatedly cutting 5-10mm of at a time and take notes on performance. then I just go with whichever length suits me best.

my Heron v2 uses 150mm x 18mm of fluff for my build purposes. my Heron v1 uses 80mm x 20mm for the same liquid. I also use the same coil (now 2mm coil, 1.1-1.2ohm with 28ga kanthal a-1 wicked with KGD).

you will have to find what best suits your build but those links P posted is a good place to start your tinkering.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Posts above about the Herons reminds me I need to get on with the quest for one of mine sitting here waiting to try out in a new direction with it on a TC mod. I have 4 Herons I didn't use that much and will probably not use again in their stock config.

Also, long gone years ago is my using small high ohm micro coil builds and restricted air lung hits. I rarely build for higher than 0.3Ω net (more often 0.1-0.2), or smaller than 3mm coils.

So a question... has anyone modded a Heron V1.5 for way more air and bigger wire? As in enlarged the AFC ring & deck air slots; drilled out (or slotted) the deck air pass thru port between the posts, widened the top cuts in the posts for bigger wire? I expect I'll probably have to run without the cotton cap too because of the coil size and the wicking I want to use.

Reactions: qorax

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Posts above about the Herons reminds me I need to get on with the quest for one of mine sitting here waiting to try out in a new direction with it on a TC mod. I have 4 Herons I didn't use that much and will probably not use again in their stock config.

Also, long gone years ago is my using small high ohm micro coil builds and restricted air lung hits. I rarely build for higher than 0.3Ω net (more often 0.1-0.2), or smaller than 3mm coils.

So a question... has anyone modded a Heron V1.5 for way more air and bigger wire? As in enlarged the AFC ring & deck air slots; drilled out (or slotted) the deck air pass thru port between the posts, widened the top cuts in the posts for bigger wire? I expect I'll probably have to run without the cotton cap too because of the coil size and the wicking I want to use.

Heron v1.5 was designed before the invention of TC, the use of fat wires and when the lung vaping wasn't known. You can widen the air slots and the air intake between the posts, but you may face new challenges.

Things as unbalanced wicking causing dry hits or/and leaking issues and perhaps the need for new posts with longer post screws or clamps. Of course, the chamber lid cannot be used with bigger coils.

Spheroid and Heron have restricted deck space on purpose and their ultimate performance is delivered with 2-2,5mm coils, 28-32 gauge and resistance value range from 0,5 to 2,1Ω.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Hi P! I was wondering if you still had any of the parts for the v1 Heron around?

I'm specifically looking for positive post insulators (enough for two Heron v1s) and the bottom nut that secures the positive post.

I'm also looking for lux or brass (prefer the silver plated) bottom pins but I no longer remember what gpins I found them from so I measured the ones I use with calipers. I'm looking for a pair 5.7mm pins as well as a pair of 4.7mm pins.

if you have any of those, I'd love to purchase them from you. if they come as part of a larger set that would be fine as well. [emoji5]

Reactions: Cucco

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hi P! I was wondering if you still had any of the parts for the v1 Heron around?

I'm specifically looking for positive post insulators (enough for two Heron v1s) and the bottom nut that secures the positive post.

I'm also looking for lux or brass (prefer the silver plated) bottom pins but I no longer remember what gpins I found them from so I measured the ones I use with calipers. I'm looking for a pair 5.7mm pins as well as a pair of 4.7mm pins.

if you have any of those, I'd love to purchase them from you. if they come as part of a larger set that would be fine as well. [emoji5]

Hello my friend!

Please send tomorrow an email and Miro will look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread