Tfv8 baby beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Pappcam,
I had seen that before, I just went to where I bought the smok "Variable Temperature Control : Nickel / Titanium / Stainless Steel 316" Here is a link
SMOK G-Priv 220 Touch Screen BIG BABY Beast Kit
I did notice we have to use a preheat wattage in the temp mode with a min of 10 watts, I also noticed they do not say what materials the coils are, they just give the resistances.
The TCR also changes between Nickel and SS

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
Pappcam,
I had seen that before, I just went to where I bought the Smok "Variable Temperature Control : Nickel / Titanium / Stainless Steel 316" Here is a link
SMOK G-Priv 220 Touch Screen BIG BABY Beast Kit
I did notice we have to use a preheat wattage in the temp mode with a min of 10 watts, I also noticed they do not say what materials the coils are, they just give the resistances.
The TCR also changes between Nickel and SS
That blurb about temp control is about the mod, not the tank.

The TCR is changing because those coils shouldn't be running in TC mode and it really should be kicking you out of TC mode altogether. Smok does NOT make TC coils for the Baby Beast.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I had tried the .15 ohm big baby beast tank on the Kanger vaporizer in Nickel temp mode and it worked. I looked at You tube for a vid on this vaporizer and tank and found one I thought was very good. the link is:

He goes through the whole menu and shows adjustments of everything. He even gave the working of the preheat function I had been trying to learn about. Lots of information on the internet but I've learned to always consider the source.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
mine says 960 puffs so far. Same x4 coil head with baby beast.

Taste unchanged.

I got over 10,000 puffs on my 1st coil and currently at around 1,500 on the 2nd but I might have shortened its life when I ran it close to dry vaping while watching a movie. We will see though.

Reactions: alienx4
10.000 puffs with just 1 coil head? Sounds great!

Use 2 x4 here, 1 shows now 1.300 puffs, the other one 1.050. But only on 45 watts coz I'm bit afraid of fake batteries, 2 X LG HG 2 brown ones each alien. Mooch told us there were many, many fakes on the market....

Still very fine taste, both x4.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
10.000 puffs with just 1 coil head? Sounds great!

Use 2 x4 here, 1 shows now 1.300 puffs, the other one 1.050. But only on 45 watts coz I'm bit afraid of fake batteries, 2 X LG HG 2 brown ones each alien. Mooch told us there were many, many fakes on the market....

Still very fine taste, both x4.

I might have gotten that kind of coil life because I am only at 30 watts.

Reactions: alienx4

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Time for me to buy a few coils for the bb that came with my alien kit. I used the .4 q2 coil and the v8 that came with it ..

The q2 lasted 5000 puffs, then started to get a little burn on the exhale, so I took it out, and checked, and the whole inside of the coil was gunked up pretty good. But lasted a while.

The v8-t8 I tried after ( that came with the kit ) lasted about 1/2 that, and the flavor didn't seem as good, so I bought a spare, and believe got a bad coil as it would always taste burnt after a few hits, and would read ohms all over the place on the alien. From about .16-.85.... So, I tossed that one.

Now just trying to see what you all have liked the most? I will probably grab more q2 coils, as well as maybe the x4 , as alot of people seem to like it..

I also like the q2 and x4 as they are lower wattage ( around 40-50 watts ) vs much higher on the t8. I'm a flavor chaser, and just wanted to know how you stack up the q2 vs the x4.

After having a cleito 120 as my main tank, the wide open airflow is really missed on the q2, as the t8 felt pretty restricted

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Thanks Steve. I'll pick up a pack of x4 coils... There have been enough good reviews about them, but isn't curious how they compared...

I love the cleito 120 and tfv8 cb, but vaping at a constant 100-150 watts to get a nice warm full vape is killing my batteries. Going thru almost a recharge a day on the alien with Sony vtc5 Batts..

So if I could get that great flavor but 1/3-1/2 the wattage I would be pretty happy... So far my list of lower watt sub ohm tanks is

Smok spiral
Cleito ( original )
Tobecco super tank mini
Kanger toptank mini...

If anyone's has tried all or some, or has another suggestion, please throw out some info!! :)

Tha k you!

Matt

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread