Status
Not open for further replies.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Plus, it's just as easy to pop the top cap and fill, versus having to take your squonk bottle out to refill, anyway. In my opinion. (And I'm by no means trying to ruffle any feathers for squonk lovers! If you love it, I love it for you!)

You may be right Peta. I'll know this afternoon if the squonk approach is worth the effort/mess(?) when my Gbox gets delivered. Review to follow. Thanks for loving it for me Peta!! :thumbs:

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
You may be right Peta. I'll know this afternoon if the squonk approach is worth the effort/mess(?) when my Gbox gets delivered. Review to follow. Thanks for loving it for me Peta!! :thumbs:
I just looked up the Gbox tho...sure is pretty. Lol. Excited to hear your thoughts!

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Okay,
I have my Gaia on the Gbox. It works quite well, but not real easy to fill the tank, more like a straight squonker. You can still fill the tank the normal way as well. Kinda cool. I have not had much of a chance to play around with it, but it looks like it will do the job and then some.
IMG_0842.JPG
IMG_0845.JPG

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Update on Gaia on the GBox - I have to say that the flavor has improved due to using the squonking set up on this thing. Richer, more saturated vapor. I also increased the wattage by 5-6 watts and it has done nothing but improve an already excellent vaping experience on my Gaia. I am very pleased.

Last edited:

EDC2

Mar 26, 2014
London. UK
No brainer at the discount price, particularly if you already own a squonker. Set the airflow, single press on the squonk bottle fills the Gaia tank, works well with the Therion BF no issues, no messy re-fills, very good flavor. Even if you missed the discount price I would still recommend it.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Okay,
I have my Gaia on the Gbox. It works quite well, but not real easy to fill the tank, more like a straight squonker. You can still fill the tank the normal way as well. Kinda cool. I have not had much of a chance to play around with it, but it looks like it will do the job and then some.
View attachment 644523 View attachment 644525
Hi DP glad you finally got your latest toy,I think you might be having an issue filling due in part that I noticed the g box uses those dark in color plastic bottles which are more rigid to press, am looking into getting a sqonking mod but I want one that uses the clear see thru softer bottles,I have certain unicorn bottles that are made of a real thick plastic which I hate and others that are made of a softer plastic that are much easier to squeeze and that's what I think you should use if you can find one that fits you're g box;-)

Reactions: kushpancake

kushpancake

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
LA
stephen-daniels.com
Hi DP glad you finally got your latest toy,I think you might be having an issue filling due in part that I noticed the g box uses those dark in color plastic bottles which are more rigid to press, am looking into getting a sqonking mod but I want one that uses the clear see thru softer bottles,I have certain unicorn bottles that are made of a real thick plastic which I hate and others that are made of a softer plastic that are much easier to squeeze and that's what I think you should use if you can find one that fits you're g box;-)
Here's the Squonk bottle solution http://skullkandyvapor.com

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico

So Franck, I have really been having great success with the bottle that is in it. The way the mod has a large open cutout area to the bottle means you can use your full index finger to squeeze the bottle (like pulling a trigger) and the bottle loosens/softens up over a few days. I'm having no problems getting my wick juiced up using the Gbox. I thought the rigid bottle would be a pain, but it works quite well for me. Also, I can see the juice pretty easy, but yeah, a lighter color would make that easier to see the juice level. But I do kind of like the way the darker bottle blends in with the body of the mod. Anyway, I'm really glad I got the Gbox...it is working very well with the Gaia! My black Gaia is due next week.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
So Franck, I have really been having great success with the bottle that is in it. The way the mod has a large open cutout area to the bottle means you can use your full index finger to squeeze the bottle (like pulling a trigger) and the bottle loosens/softens up over a few days. I'm having no problems getting my wick juiced up using the Gbox. I thought the rigid bottle would be a pain, but it works quite well for me. Also, I can see the juice pretty easy, but yeah, a lighter color would make that easier to see the juice level. But I do kind of like the way the darker bottle blends in with the body of the mod. Anyway, I'm really glad I got the Gbox...it is working very well with the Gaia! My black Gaia is due next week.
Hey bud good to hear from you,oh ok cool then I must of misread I thought you said you were having problems filling up using the sqonking mod;-) no I didn't misread just went back and reread your previous post lol,in any case am glad it's all working out great for you,am waiting it out as I think mike vapes hinted that the boxer mods are going to be coming out with a dual 18650 sqonker mod soon,I want a boxer badly, they are on the pricey side at $250-300 but they sure look good and if am going to spring for one it might as well be a sqonker right?

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Franck, on the Gaia, the tank does not fill with the squonker pin in it...it squonks the deck perfectly, but I had kind of hoped to fill the tank from the squonk bottle as well. What works great is you can still fill the tank like normal on the Gaia and then get another 6 ml by squonking the deck as well.

Those Boxer mods look really nice! I've always wanted one. Have spent lots of time on their website just looking at them and wanting one. I will see if their squonker version looks promising. I'm sure it will since all the other versions they have look top notch.

Reactions: franck

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Franck, on the Gaia, the tank does not fill with the squonker pin in it...it squonks the deck perfectly, but I had kind of hoped to fill the tank from the squonk bottle as well. What works great is you can still fill the tank like normal on the Gaia and then get another 6 ml by squonking the deck as well.

Those Boxer mods look really nice! I've always wanted one. Have spent lots of time on their website just looking at them and wanting one. I will see if their squonker version looks promising. I'm sure it will since all the other versions they have look top notch.
Doesn't the Gaia come with a screw to plug the top fill hole when squonking? That way the juice fills the tank instead of going straight through to the deck.

@MMW, you'll be happy to know I ordered a Gaia tonight for my Gbox S100.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA

Good hearing from you bud,well that blows that it doesn't fill up when sqonking,I don't understand why it wouldn't,are you putting that screw in the fill port? I tilt mine when filling now and I've had no more issues,if you cap off that fill hole with the little screw they give you it should fill the tank up when you sqonk instead of just soaking up your wicks,if you try it please let me know if it still does not fill cause then there's no need for me to get a sqonk mod.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Doesn't the Gaia come with a screw to plug the top fill hole when squonking? That way the juice fills the tank instead of going straight through to the deck.

@MMW, you'll be happy to know I ordered a Gaia tonight for my Gbox S100.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Good for you my friend,you'll enjoy it am sure it's an AWSOME little tank,let us know how you make out with it once you get it ok;-)

Reactions: DP2Raja

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Good hearing from you bud,well that blows that it doesn't fill up when sqonking,I don't understand why it wouldn't,are you putting that screw in the fill port? I tilt mine when filling now and I've had no more issues,if you cap off that fill hole with the little screw they give you it should fill the tank up when you sqonk instead of just soaking up your wicks,if you try it please let me know if it still does not fill cause then there's no need for me to get a sqonk mod.

I didn't notice a screw...duh! Although I kind of like the way it works doing a direct to the deck squonk. But I will try it with the screw in the deck and see how that works out too. Thanks for the info!

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico

Thanks for the reminder btsmokincat! I was actually going to see if I had a screw laying around that would do that...should have just looked in the Gaia extras bag!

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I didn't notice a screw...duh! Although I kind of like the way it works doing a direct to the deck squonk. But I will try it with the screw in the deck and see how that works out too. Thanks for the info!
Oh ok,ya I bet that's why it's not filling up for you my friend give it try and let me know ok? I'll bet it will fill up for you no problem ;-)

Reactions: DP2Raja

Daniel Wilson

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 27, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Does anyone order from fasttech?

will it leak from the 510 thread?thx
You mean slow tech lol? Yes I have before and it takes forever and a day to get you're stuff:-( and no it does not leak from the 510,it as one of the smoothest air flows I've ever experienced from a tank thus far;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread