Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
If anyone can get this solved, it's YOU, Blokey! Total faith.

Cheering you on, kiddo.

CLGif3.gif

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I live part time between my beautiful Lady's home, and my brothers dairy farm.
The dairy farm has all kinda stuff I can use to cobble together pretty much anything.
I can weld, engineer, work with wood, mechanical stuff, jack of all trades LOL so as long as I can get my hands on even basic tools I reckon I'll be able to build a simple doohickey :D

Thanks Kat.
Yeah it hadta be my most favouritest dinit!? :cry:

G'day Astro, Yeah I've been wondering about that too....but as ProVape made their devices to be serviceable I'm hoping it won't be "too" difficult .. *fingers crossed* :)

Thanks mate.
Nah I think I just got unlucky with this one.
Still got 100% faith in my other two :)

My Special Treasure it certainly is!
...and when it arises from the ashes I think I will name it "Phoenix" :)

I just had a look inside the end with a flashlight and it looks like the board is held in place with a two part moulded black plastic "carrier" and I can see no sign of hot glue anywhere.
Snap/slide in hopefully means snap/slide out.....

Unfortunately ProVape closed their doors a few weeks ago :(

I can solder reasonably well....when my hands aren't shakin' all over the place lol

Beer steadies 'em though :D

G'day Dave..yep ..I know.... :(

:toast:
I been followin your postings hearabouts and figgered you to be a sharp tack. I'm guessing you'll get this beastie working right as rain in the end:toast:

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
<Looking into crystal ball> I just wanted to be the first to say congratulations when you become the world's main ProVari repair technician by 2018 or so after Bill retires. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to the pics which will hopefully emerge :thumb:
As cool as that sounds, I don't think I'm "that" clever LOL
Although I'm chock full of envy for those who understand how resisters and capacitors and diodes etc work.
I'd give my left thingy to know that stuff lol

In the words of Clint Eastwood, "a mans got to know his limitations"..

But I really do appreciate your words Schismz :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
<Looking into crystal ball> I just wanted to be the first to say congratulations when you become the world's main ProVari repair technician by 2018 or so after Bill retires. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to the pics which will hopefully emerge :thumb:

"From Bill to Phil. The legend lives on."

;)

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Got an email reply from Bill.

$30 US return shipping which at current exchange rates is just under $40 AUS

I can send it to him for around $16 AUS which is the most economical method I can find..but is slow and no insurance.
The waiting time is not a problem for me. I'm a patient man.

So for under $60 AUS I can have it reapaired professionally...which is not "too" bad for such a wonderful device.

I'm 100% confident I can safely remove the top cap myself...but the unknown is the board removal, and repair of the broken + terminal.

For less than 60 bucks shipping it'll be done properly and I'll have my perfectly functioning fave mod back in my hands hopefully to give me years of trouble free service. (Shoulda never broke in the first place. That's the kinda crap ya expect with cheap disposable Chinese mods)

On the other hand I can disassemble my beautiful Classic at my own risk...which will obviously void warranty with no assurance I can actually repair it.

Those close friends I have here (you know who you are :) ) know I'm on a disability pension and unable to work a full time job, so money is tight.

But I tend to be often governed by logic..and $60 in the grand scheme of things is not a lot of money considering I was spending nearly $80 AU a week on stinkies.

ALL my vape gear has paid for itself several times over by keeping me off bacco, and my health has improved out of sight.

I think I've answered my own question LOL

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Got an email reply from Bill.

$30 US return shipping which at current exchange rates is just under $40 AUS

I can send it to him for around $16 AUS which is the most economical method I can find..but is slow and no insurance.
The waiting time is not a problem for me. I'm a patient man.

So for under $60 AUS I can have it reapaired professionally...which is not "too" bad for such a wonderful device.

I'm 100% confident I can safely remove the top cap myself...but the unknown is the board removal, and repair of the broken + terminal.

For less than 60 bucks shipping it'll be done properly and I'll have my perfectly functioning fave mod back in my hands hopefully to give me years of trouble free service. (Shoulda never broke in the first place. That's the kinda crap ya expect with cheap disposable Chinese mods)

On the other hand I can disassemble my beautiful Classic at my own risk...which will obviously void warranty with no assurance I can actually repair it.

Those close friends I have here (you know who you are :) ) know I'm on a disability pension and unable to work a full time job, so money is tight.

But I tend to be often governed by logic..and $60 in the grand scheme of things is not a lot of money considering I was spending nearly $80 AU a week on stinkies.

ALL my vape gear has paid for itself several times over by keeping me off bacco, and my health has improved out of sight.

I think I've answered my own question LOL

Good deal. Just make sure you let Bill know it's actually a p3 board and not the classic board. Might actually be a slight difference in dimensions that caused the issue to begin with and need a bit of fitting to prevent it happening again.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Wow!!

I go away for a cuppla few days and something truly wonderful has happened.

As I've mentioned, shipping my beautiful Classic to Bill in USA and back again for warranty repairs is an expensive exercise, and one I needed to "save up" for.

To my incredible surprise there has been a "pass the hat around" incident happen quietly in the background between some of you Wonderful ECF members/Friends which has ended in a Very considerable amount of $funds appearing in my Paypal account with the sole purpose of aiding the cost of shipping my Classic for repair.

To say I am surprised would be an understatement.

I'm delighted, and grateful beyond words!

I'm just some random country boy Aussie bloke who has found a friendly forum "home" here on ECF, and met some down to earth, genuine people here..many I regard as friends, and have shared a lot of laughter with.

I'm not going to use specific names publicly, but I want it know publicly that I'm overwhelmed with appreciation for the generosity, kindness, and friendship you have given me with your incredible gesture.

YOU know who You are.

Words can't convey the depth of appreciation I have for what You All have done.

Thank You All

Phil :)

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Wow!!

I go away for a cuppla few days and something truly wonderful has happened.

As I've mentioned, shipping my beautiful Classic to Bill in USA and back again for warranty repairs is an expensive exercise, and one I needed to "save up" for.

To my incredible surprise there has been a "pass the hat around" incident happen quietly in the background between some of you Wonderful ECF members/Friends which has ended in a Very considerable amount of $funds appearing in my Paypal account with the sole purpose of aiding the cost of shipping my Classic for repair.

To say I am surprised would be an understatement.

I'm delighted, and grateful beyond words!

I'm just some random country boy Aussie bloke who has found a friendly forum "home" here on ECF, and met some down to earth, genuine people here..many I regard as friends, and have shared a lot of laughter with.

I'm not going to use specific names publicly, but I want it know publicly that I'm overwhelmed with appreciation for the generosity, kindness, and friendship you have given me with your incredible gesture.

YOU know who You are.

Words can't convey the depth of appreciation I have for what You All have done.

Thank You All

Phil :)
KeWl!!!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh, jeez, Phil. You thought that was about YOU?

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but we thought you understood that it was ALL for the Provi-in-need. We can't have sick Provis walking around out there, y'know, even if they ARE halfway around the world.

To be honest, I didn't even realize it was YOUR Provi until just now, after you posted this. I hope you understand that awesome responsibility you have, nurturing one of our beloveds back to health.

We're counting on you, mate.

[emoji6][emoji16]

Dave

(Honored & humbled by that which I've witnessed, time & again. )

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread