Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Any tips for cleaning it off plastic mini blinds? They seem to be a vapor magnet in my house.
I think I will be banished to the outdoors, if the better half discovers the problem...:facepalm:
1:10 simple green
Quick scrub (which isn't so quick due to tediousness)
Thorough rinse
Rehang

Tapatyped

Reactions: puffon

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Yep, gas heat puts a lot of moisture in the air. Electric heat is a dry heat.
It shouldn't if you're getting an efficient, complete burn.

Something's telling me some adjustments or repairs would come in handy.

FTR, I'm no hvac tech.

But with my grandfather's and my uncle's businesses being hvac, I've been around them quite often... and I've seen similar stories often need a nozzle adjustment or change for a proper burn.

Which eliminated those issues.

So I'm shooting in the dark here, honestly.

But that doesn't sound right at all to me.

Tapatyped

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
House
windows open when it's above 60-65F - no VG buildup
windows closed otherwise - VG buildup
I don't remember if we got buildup with the AC on last summer

Car
I crack the driver side window open ½"-1" and run the heat when I drive and they're open all summer unless it's over 90-95.
I only have to clean the car windows a couple times per year

Fresh air = no buildup YMMV

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It shouldn't if you're getting an efficient, complete burn.

Something's telling me some adjustments or repairs would come in handy.

FTR, I'm no hvac tech.

But with my grandfather's and my uncle's businesses being hvac, I've been around them quite often... and I've seen similar stories often need a nozzle adjustment or change for a proper burn.

Which eliminated those issues.

So I'm shooting in the dark here, honestly.

But that doesn't sound right at all to me.

Tapatyped
I can't imagine every gas heater I have ever had would need adjustment and I have lived in a lot of houses with gas heat. The atrium heater, the shop heater and our backup heater for our home are all fairly new radiant gas heaters. All cause moisture in the air thus fog on the windows. Of course it is only when it is cold outside but then I wouldn't have them going if it was warm out there :D

It is possible that gas central heat might not cause it. I've never dealt with one like that. I am talking about gas space heaters.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I can't imagine every gas heater I have ever had would need adjustment and I have lived in a lot of houses with gas heat. The atrium heater, the shop heater and our backup heater for our home are all fairly new radiant gas heaters. All cause moisture in the air thus fog on the windows. Of course it is only when it is cold outside but then I wouldn't have them going if it was warm out there :D

It is possible that gas central heat might not cause it. I've never dealt with one like that. I am talking about gas space heaters.
Ah, gotcha.

Dew point.

The hot, radiant air sucks more moisture in to the air as it expands.

Then when it passes over a cool surface it contracts as it cools leaving that moisture on surfaces.

Not exactly the heater causing it, but a by-product nonetheless.

Now I'm curious as to your statement that electric heat is a dry heat. Interesting.

Yes, I was thinking more along the lines of forced air.

Though, incomplete combustion causes soot and oily residue either way.

Tapatyped

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South

My sunroom did that too, we had a small propane heater. Room was to large for 1 heater, so we didn't hang out in there during winter months!

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ah, gotcha.

Dew point.

The hot, radiant air sucks more moisture in to the air as it expands.

Then when it passes over a cool surface it contracts as it cools leaving that moisture on surfaces.

Not exactly the heater causing it, but a by-product nonetheless.

Now I'm curious as to your statement that electric heat is a dry heat. Interesting.

Yes, I was thinking more along the lines of forced air.

Though, incomplete combustion causes soot and oily residue either way.

Tapatyped
Fortunately I've not had to deal with soot and/or oily residue.....Only the moisture. I can only assume that electric heat is dry heat based on the fact that I don't get the moisture on windows nor the mildew that was caused by to much moisture in the air while using our electric furnace but do when using gas space heaters.

I just remembered, My Mother actually had to keep a large pot of water simmering to add moisture to the air after her forced air electric furnace was installed. She didn't have to do that with the original gas furnace.

Of course all of this is just anecdotal and may not be the case for everyone.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
The windows in the house fog up and are slightly greasy. I vape a high vg juice and chain vape sub ohm. Does anyone else have this problem? I've thought about vaping a lower vg ratio, would that help?

It may as both the wife and i vape in house going on 7 years .
I diy our e-liquid her at 90@PG and i @96.4PG

We have gas forced air in our cold near Chicago winters with central air to cool house in our humid summers.

No problems with greasy fogging up things at all so it just might be your high VG i cannot say one way or another in your case.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I just remembered, My Mother actually had to keep a large pot of water simmering to add moisture to the air after her forced air electric furnace was installed. She didn't have to do that with the original gas furnace.

We used to do that with radiator heat in several houses when I was young. All of them were oil or natural gas fueled. Plumbed from room to room, radiator to radiator, etc..

I believe you though.

I'm just not quite wrapping my head around the cause.

:blink:

And curiosity has a hold on me. Shrug...

Tapatyped

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I've always thought that the higher VG content the more the problem. Each time these threads pop up, that always seems to be the common denominator.

Higher VG also gives more clouds.
Would going from 30pg/70vg to 50/50 help? I'm concerned that the 50/50 may be too harsh for me.

Reactions: Eskie

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Would going from 30pg/70vg to 50/50 help? I'm concerned that the 50/50 may be too harsh for me.

You can only try. I vape 70pg/30vg and have never had an issue.

Better to clean the windows a bit more often than change to a harsh vape just to avoid that issue.

Or do what he said ;)

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread