DIY Liquid - Putting flavor/ essence on the last step

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamamiaw

Mar 25, 2017
Hi All,
May i know whether putting the flavor/ essence and enhancer/modifier on the last step of mixing (first nicotine and then PG+VG).

Because i want to test some flavor/essence taste but i don't want to create big batch for that particular flavor only, so i was thinking that maybe i can mix nicotine, PG, VG first in larger batch and then separate it into smaller batch and add flavor (and modifier/enhancer if necessary)...anyone tried this before?

Please kindly excuse me if i post this on the wrong section

Best regards,

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hi All,
May i know whether putting the flavor/ essence and enhancer/modifier on the last step of mixing (first nicotine and then PG+VG).

Because i want to test some flavor/essence taste but i don't want to create big batch for that particular flavor only, so i was thinking that maybe i can mix nicotine, PG, VG first in larger batch and then separate it into smaller batch and add flavor (and modifier/enhancer if necessary)...anyone tried this before?

Best regards,
you can do that

mamamiaw

Mar 25, 2017
If you are trying new recipes and just testing, depending on the nicotine level/base you are using, leaving out the nicotine until you have perfected the flavour/mix is also an option.

Have fun
I
Interesting, will try this method also.

In my opinion mixing mixing in advance is just a waste of time because it is the flavors that need to infuse properly in the end and what takes the longest.

I see. But can't the flavor be infused separately in small batches? Is it so different on the result?

Thanks

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I see. But can't the flavor be infused separately in small batches? Is it so different on the result?

Thanks

You need to add the flavor no matter what so no reason to mix in advance just mix all at once. Makes no difference to me when I make a 5ML batch or a 500ML batch. I have made as small as a 2ML batch.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I make several large bottles of PG/VG/nic in advance, over a liter
at a time. Then when inclined I put those in small bottles for vaping
and add flavor. Then let those smaller bottles steep a month or so
before vaping. It's just easier for me to do this way instead of everything
all at once, bottles of everything everywhere.

mamamiaw

Mar 25, 2017
I make several large bottles of PG/VG/nic in advance, over a liter
at a time. Then when inclined I put those in small bottles for vaping
and add flavor. Then let those smaller bottles steep a month or so
before vaping. It's just easier for me to do this way instead of everything
all at once, bottles of everything everywhere.

Yes, this is also one of my other intention of making the 'general batch'...

Thanks!

mamamiaw

Mar 25, 2017
I do not mix my bases in advance because all my recipes have different percentages of flavors and I want an accurate as I can make Nicotine content. I make 3MG and do care if it is 2.6MG.

I understand your perspective and might go to that direction later. Thank you.
As for now, as a total noob diy-er, i'm simply doing a testing of each chosen flavor, just try to acknowledge and distinguish each of them separately and maybe also combined, since there are (currently) too many options for me. Later when i'm seriously going for a certain recipe or two, then i might treat them individually.

But then again, thank you for your perspective. I respect that a lot.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
There is nothing wrong with wanting to keep production small until you know how/if you are going like it. In fact it is both smart and economical. :)

Many folks find it more convenient to create an unflavored base (PG+VG+nicotine) and then add flavors as desired. I don't happen to be one of those folks but there is nothing wrong with it:D. The addition of flavors will dilute the nicotine. The more you add; the greater the dilution will be. Some people don't mind; while others will mix their base at a somewhat higher nicotine strength to compensate for the addition of flavor.

Some folks find they like to vape that unflavored base just as it is; no flavors added. I am one of those folks. It has a slightly sweet taste and when I do vape with flavor I seem to enjoy it more.

As @dannyv45 already mentioned, if your only desire is to get an idea of a concentrate's taste, you can omit the nicotine, and even VG, so you are only mixing PG (as the dilutant) and flavor concentrate. This can keep things super simple; a 2 ingredient mix. And also minimize the cost/inventory consumed for basic testing.

Finding what works best for you is most important. What gives you good results, is most convenient, and keep you from going back to smoking, is the key. We all can offer suggestions, and tell you what works best for us, but only you can decide what is right for you.:D If something sounds useful, or better, or more convenient; give it a try. If it works... Hooray! If not, go back to what works, or try something else. Outside of a few safety "rules" (mostly concerning nicotine) there are really no "wrong" ways to DIY.

Keeping it simple, convenient, and fun, seem to be what works best for most of us. Also, keeping good notes about everything you do is also VERY helpful, with being able to repeat what works, and avoiding repeating things that don't. ;)
You got it exactly where it belongs; in the DIY e-liquid section (because you are asking about mixing your own e-liquid) and DIY Recipes is for finished recipes only. You get a gold star!
e335.png
:thumbs:

mamamiaw

Mar 25, 2017
I always recommend making stand alone flavors so you can perfect them and then mix them together as finished products. Males it easy to figure out how one flavor tasted before start mixing complex recipes. For me if worked wonders but to each his own and whatever works for you.

Thanks SteveS45!

There is nothing wrong with wanting to keep production small until you know how/if you are going like it. In fact it is both smart and economical. :)

Many folks find it more convenient to create an unflavored base (PG+VG+nicotine) and then add flavors as desired. I don't happen to be one of those folks but there is nothing wrong with it:D. The addition of flavors will dilute the nicotine. The more you add; the greater the dilution will be. Some people don't mind; while others will mix their base at a somewhat higher nicotine strength to compensate for the addition of flavor.

Some folks find they like to vape that unflavored base just as it is; no flavors added. I am one of those folks. It has a slightly sweet taste and when I do vape with flavor I seem to enjoy it more.

As @dannyv45 already mentioned, if your only desire is to get an idea of a concentrate's taste, you can omit the nicotine, and even VG, so you are only mixing PG (as the dilutant) and flavor concentrate. This can keep things super simple; a 2 ingredient mix. And also minimize the cost/inventory consumed for basic testing.

Finding what works best for you is most important. What gives you good results, is most convenient, and keep you from going back to smoking, is the key. We all can offer suggestions, and tell you what works best for us, but only you can decide what is right for you.:D If something sounds useful, or better, or more convenient; give it a try. If it works... Hooray! If not, go back to what works, or try something else. Outside of a few safety "rules" (mostly concerning nicotine) there are really no "wrong" ways to DIY.

Keeping it simple, convenient, and fun, seem to be what works best for most of us. Also, keeping good notes about everything you do is also VERY helpful, with being able to repeat what works, and avoiding repeating things that don't. ;)

You got it exactly where it belongs; in the DIY e-liquid section (because you are asking about mixing your own e-liquid) and DIY Recipes is for finished recipes only. You get a gold star!
e335.png
:thumbs:

Interesting point of view, will try this as another approach.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread