A concern about Shortness of breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio_90

Mar 16, 2017
I'm 26 and I smoked cigarettes since 2011...Five months ago I switched to vaping and didn't touch a cigarette since.

For a month now I've been feeling some breathing difficulties that I've never had while smoking. I can hardly take a deep satisfying breath. I sometimes chain vape, only use rda's and all the juices I vape are either 70/30 or Max VG.

I've been told it's just some kind of a smoking withdrawal symptom and shouldn't be worried, some said its caused by vaping and I'm confused. Anyone else had this issue?

Thank you

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
well i mean it's not unheard of smokers and former smokers getting asthma....
or it could just be that your lungs are trying to clean themselves of all the tar buildup
and your body detoxifying from all the crap that are in cigs
or it could be a health issue, if it is concerning, see your doctor, you might have an infection or something going on not vape related.
the body does some weird stuff, who really knows what's going on!
With vaping however you don't have to take a lung hit, you can hold it in your mouth and still absorb all of the nic. Also drink more water :D

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It would, at least, be worth a try. Seeing a doctor would be the best first step, imo.

I use doctors as a last line of defense rather than a first, but that's just me I guess.

For example: If I can take some over the counter cold medicine I will do that before going to the doctor and having him tell me I need to grab some over the counter cold medicine. I save time by seeing the doc when the over the counter cold medicine doesn't work.

And, as we all know vg can cause some measure of wheezing and heaviness in the chest, and a doctor doesn't know that there is the availability of something that will clear that problem up through vaping if it's vape related, it is worth a shot trying, prior to getting asthma medicine that may not be necessary from a doctor..

But again, this is just my opinion.

bilmaxey

Jun 2, 2017
I'm 26 and I smoked cigarettes since 2011...Five months ago I switched to vaping and didn't touch a cigarette since.

For a month now I've been feeling some breathing difficulties that I've never had while smoking. I can hardly take a deep satisfying breath. I sometimes chain vape, only use RDA's and all the juices I vape are either 70/30 or Max VG.

I've been told it's just some kind of a smoking withdrawal symptom and shouldn't be worried, some said its caused by vaping and I'm confused. Anyone else had this issue?

Thank you
I've been vaping BLUCIGS for a year and a half and have slowly developed shortness of breath. My doctor diagnosed me with emphysema, after a CT scan. Will my symptoms abate if I quit vaping?

bilmaxey

Jun 2, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Please do not cross post the same thing in multiple areas.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I've been vaping BLUCIGS for a year and a half and have slowly developed shortness of breath. My doctor diagnosed me with emphysema, after a CT scan. Will my symptoms abate if I quit vaping?

This is something you'd need to discuss with your physician.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I have been vaping since around 2012 I think and used to vape 50VG and 50 PG mix. After a few years I also developed a shortness of breath which I attributed to the damage caused by my life time of heavy smoking. A friend suggested that I could have mild PG intollerance and suggested I switch to vaping VG only juice. Ok, Vg will gunk up you coils fast, I am a re builder, and this did not concern me so I tried the VG only juice.

Not only did my breathing improve but the clouds were amazing. As to gunking up coils, a duel build using SS I have to re wick about once a fortnight if I am in TC mode. I stick now to TC mode and am happy with VG only juice.

Reactions: Tekaluku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread