STRAWBERRY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I like strawberry, in fact I love strawberry, but what I've found with all recipes around strawberry flavor that I've tried so far was that they were either too sweet, like Nestle's strawberry milk or that strawberry ice cream flavor, or the actual strawberry taste was hidden behind creams, custard's, graham crust, etc. What I've been looking for is the taste of a fresh strawberry, sweet but at the same time tart, and I finally found it. It also seems like a great base for adding other taste if so inclined.

I know such a simple recipe is child's play for many but every time I try my flavor talents the results leave a lot to be desired. Anyway I thought maybe there would be others that may be looking for the same so here it is and credit goes to Crazyb who adapted it from Zapp (from eliquid recipes);
Strawberry Dream
TPA strawberry ripe 11%
Cap sweet strawberry 8%
Cap super sweet 5%

At 24% flavoring the taste is strong, the way I like it, but some may want to cut it down a bit. Now to find the same simple recipes for blueberry and raspberry.:cool:

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Have you tried Inawera Shisha Strawberry?

I don't even really care much for strawberry but this stuff is da bomb.

I thought the shisha flavors were quite sweet tasting.

I just answered my own question by looking up that flavor. It is described as a sweet strawberry and one person described it as strawberry covered in sugar. I even have that flavor in my stash but it was the sweetness I was trying to get away from.

Last edited:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I thought the shisha flavors were quite sweet tasting.

I just answered my own question by looking up that flavor. It is described as a sweet strawberry and one person described it as strawberry covered in sugar. I even have that flavor in my stash but it was the sweetness I was trying to get away from.

I'm confused o_O

You don't like sweet but you have a recipe there with 5% CAP Super Sweet in it?

Isn't it, um... a bit sweet? :blink:

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
INW has a flavor called Wild Strawberry. It is rarely to never discussed here, and with good reason. It is Super Strong. I played with it and played with it and could not get it to work for me, because it lacks sweetness and goes to a strange leafy/smell of mold flavor at anything over 0.5 %. I ruined a couple of mixes with it, actually. However, the strawberry element is very unique and interesting, definitely in the not sweet, realistic spectrum. The trick is how to coax it out. I'm sure it's possible, probably with judicious applications of Magic Mask/vape Wizard, etc, but for me it wasn't worth the effort since there are already so many great strawberry flavorings available. Anyway, I had 0 luck using it as a single flavor strawberry, but maybe, just maybe...You could try combining it with the two TFA strawberries, at something like...
5% TFA Ripe
5% TFA Strawberry
0.5% (or less) INW Wild Strawberry

It might give you what you're looking for.

I'd advise reading all the notes on this flavor at the Site-That-Cannot-Be-Named before attempting to use it. It's ornery, but maybe you can break it. :)

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I'm confused o_O

You don't like sweet but you have a recipe there with 5% CAP Super Sweet in it?

Isn't it, um... a bit sweet? :blink:

It dosen't taste sweet, at least not too sweet like the candy flavors do. Most berries do have a natural sweetness to them, strawberries certainly do but they also have a tartness that almost makes your mouth pucker. That's what I was after.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
INW has a flavor called Wild Strawberry. It is rarely to never discussed here, and with good reason. It is Super Strong. I played with it and played with it and could not get it to work for me, because it lacks sweetness and goes to a strange leafy/smell of mold flavor at anything over 0.5 %. I ruined a couple of mixes with it, actually. However, the strawberry element is very unique and interesting, definitely in the not sweet, realistic spectrum. The trick is how to coax it out. I'm sure it's possible, probably with judicious applications of Magic Mask/vape Wizard, etc, but for me it wasn't worth the effort since there are already so many great strawberry flavorings available. Anyway, I had 0 luck using it as a single flavor strawberry, but maybe, just maybe...You could try combining it with the two TFA strawberries, at something like...
5% TFA Ripe
5% TFA Strawberry
0.5% (or less) INW Wild Strawberry

It might give you what you're looking for.

I'd advise reading all the notes on this flavor at the Site-That-Cannot-Be-Named before attempting to use it. It's ornery, but maybe you can break it. :)

Sounds interesting, I'll add it to my shopping list. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread