Cthulhu Gaia RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
@franck, the turbulence might be caused by your wicking or the size of the coils you are using. (more likely the wicking) Are you using regular single wire coils, or fused/alien claptons or TC with spaced SS? I'm using a Gaia in TC with spaced SS fused claptons, bottom airflow only, and it's pretty smooth...gets a little whooshier when I open side airflow just a turn or two, but still overall pretty smooth.
Hi mongo,am using 3 mm aliens,i don't think it's my wicking as it's pretty smooth cracked open just a smig! The only issue having it open just a little is that the air slots get clogged up pretty quick and then it's turbulent,that's why I wish I could get it to vape smoothly fully closed that way I wouldn't get that issue,man I tell ya if it ain't one thing it's another lol

Reactions: Heartsdelight

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
ah i see now, you mean the side air slits....sounds too me like you might be using more cotton than you need to. I really wonder more why your bottom airflow is turbulent...it's designed to be smooth.
Ya that's it storm,sorry I should of been more clear lol,no am not using too much cotton it's just that juice will find its way thru those threads no matter what and when you have it cracked open just a little it will restrict the Af over time and airflow will not be heavenly distributed therefor create turbulence,as soon as I give it a good cleaning it's as smooth as butter,btw I did manage to get it to vape smoothly closed off all the way,but I thank you for sharing that it might of been a wicking issue brother,that's what's great about this forum is that you always have great pleople that are willing to take the time to help you out if you have an issue with something,I remember when I couldn't get the Gaia to fill up all the way and it drove me NUTS until peta told me about tilting the tank away from you to help air escape out of those little holes on the deck and I've been trouble free filling it from then on,that's what it's all about,cause let's face it out of all the you tube reviewers out there only a hand full are truly truthful ( Dean the vaping biker) is definitely one of them,so at the end of the day we can at least count on each other for help,ok am done lol,now I feel better getting that out;-)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Ya that's it storm,sorry I should of been more clear lol,no am not using too much cotton it's just that juice will find its way thru those threads no matter what and when you have it cracked open just a little it will restrict the Af over time and airflow will not be heavenly distributed therefor create turbulence,as soon as I give it a good cleaning it's as smooth as butter,btw I did manage to get it to vape smoothly closed off all the way,but I thank you for sharing that it might of been a wicking issue brother,that's what's great about this forum is that you always have great pleople that are willing to take the time to help you out if you have an issue with something,I remember when I couldn't get the Gaia to fill up all the way and it drove me NUTS until peta told me about tilting the tank away from you to help air escape out of those little holes on the deck and I've been trouble free filling it from then on,that's what it's all about,cause let's face it out of all the you tube reviewers out there only a hand full are truly truthful ( Dean the vaping biker) is definitely one of them,so at the end of the day we can at least count on each other for help,ok am done lol,now I feel better getting that out;-)
How did you get it to vape smoothly?

Reactions: franck

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Still ripping mine all day. The capacity is fine because of the fill method and straight up performance of this beauty. Machining is spot on, airflow is super smooth, and the vape density is great.

Mine doesn't get hot, so I'm not sure what is up with that. I have a .12 build in it on a mech so thats some decent power.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Just ordered Gaia! Wanted to try it out with different builds before I pull the trigger on LV Drone. Ordered from FT so will have to be patient. VaporDNA was out, at least I saved a few bucks to put toward Drone.
Yey good for you Letitia I hope you REALLY enjoy it once it arrives;-)

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Got mine two days ago! Squonking up a storm...

d6458645de241a6190efcc2dcdac3f06.jpg
c9d176d922f76d32d648837961df5ecf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
I have that same set up (Gaia/Gbox 100) Btsmokincat. Works very well with the Gaia. Have had no problems. I also fill the Gaia tank the normal way (top) and squonk when the tank runs low.
Also looks like you have one of the first run Boreas there too! I have #0020 of the first run and then 2 of the second run with the ridges on the top fill cap. I still end up using the first run version...the other 2 are back in the box for a rainy day. Classic.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I have that same set up (Gaia/Gbox 100) Btsmokincat. Works very well with the Gaia. Have had no problems. I also fill the Gaia tank the normal way (top) and squonk when the tank runs low.
Also looks like you have one of the first run Boreas there too! I have #0020 of the first run and then 2 of the second run with the ridges on the top fill cap. I still end up using the first run version...the other 2 are back in the box for a rainy day. Classic.
Which one is the boreas? Is that the pindad from bomber tec to the right of the Gaia? Been tempted to get that little sucker ;-) glad to hear you're enjoying all of you're toys DP,what's next on your want list my friend?

Reactions: Heartsdelight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread