Very Close to zero cigarettes... Finally hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeverinezinn

Reviewer / Blogger
Mar 30, 2017
Marion, Indiana
avazinn.com
As you probably likely are now aware, I have been vaping for nearly six weeks. The primary reason I began vaping is due to an upcoming smoking ban on all subsidized housing (though vaping will still be permitted in many of them) come July 2018.

This isn't the first time I've significantly cut back on smoking cigarettes and have quit on two occasions and relapsed twice in 2001 and 2008 and smoked for 20 years.

I began smoking GPC Menthol Lights at 14 years of age (I blame my late mother for that since I've been around second hand smoke my whole life) and only smoked one pack a week as long as I wasn't caught.

Then in 2000, I stopped only to relapse the week after my high school prom during my senior year of high school after my prom date showed up late and have smoked for seven more years and going into the gender transition of mine.

In August 2008 after 225 days of finally being smoke free at the time, I had relapsed and smoked two packs of cigarettes a day until March 2017.

I actually used a few ecigs (Mark Ten, VUSE, 21st Century Smokes, and blu) between 2010 and 2014 all of them offered at the gas stations and at tobacco shops.

Then came the day – March 4, 2017 – 26 days before I joined ECF. The very first eliquid I bought was Scentsable Vapor Diversity e-liquid Mint Blast. Within two hours of the first vape, I instantly went from two packs a day to a half a pack.

Weeks later, and by now, have gotten a lot of praise and even two standing ovations (one for vaping and another for having my hair go whitish blonde). Among the praises I received were from my dentist, family physician, and even several people I've met recently...

Although I'm now pretty much only downto just three cigarettes a day, my cough has been clean yet have sat off a smoke alarm on one occasion within a week of getting the third vape mod.

I had biked just three miles in just 10 minutes (a new personal best, usually it takes 15 minutes depending on the weather conditions), and it was amazing!

Vaping gave me a huge windfall in more ways than I can imagine. I realize that vaping has given a huge advantage in my gender transition and with being a vegetarian. I now weigh 150 pounds and prior to vaping, I only weighed 145 pounds standing 5 feet 9 inches without heels.

Like those making the switch to vaping, there are still bumps to iron out such as cost overall especially e-liquid (they can be as expensive as a pack of cigarettes in Los Angles or New York City) as high as $12 for a 1 ounce bottle. It's simply a matter of finding the right supplies and resources and I'm pretty much good to go. There are still some adjustments that need to be made after I watched several vape clips on YouTube.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
Well, good for you. Keep it up! Since you joined ECF you will find ways to save on the cost of juice. Some suppliers sell large bottles (like ecblends has almost any size, any floor, you want) and some have 120ml's. Then you will read about some, like me, who make their own juice, for about 60 cents for 30ml. Either way you go, you will be healthier and in the long run wealthier. You may wake up one day and reach for the vape instead of the cig. And even if you don't, three cigs a day is so much better then 40 of them!!! Good luck!

Claytomus

Jun 1, 2017
I tried the method of mixing vaping and cig smoking to break the habit on 3 occasions and it didn't work. It finally worked when I decided I wanted my health more than cigs. I smoked my last cig and started vaping without any tobacco. That's when it finally worked.

Best method is to get rid of it altogether and suffer through the first 3-4 days of withdrawal. I vaped a TON the first week and now vaping is as casual as smoking was for me.

Welcome and thanks for sharing!

Reactions: XxAngelxX

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread