How to choose E-Liquid - Quality wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiax04

Feb 4, 2017
New Zealand
Hi Everyone,

Here's me as a beginner again and in need of your advise :)

I am so excited, three days vaping and no analogs at all, that's a big achievement for me given that I have no craving or being deprived feeling whatsoever. Going to stick to this.

I have one question though when it comes to choosing the e-liquid. I don't live in the US and here the brands and vape shops are quite limited. I was wondering, how do you guys ensure the brand that you are buying are healthy? I mean, yes, I have done my homework and know that the concept of vaping is 95% safer than smoking based on studies. But every company seems to introduce a liquid for vaping, and since I have limited choices, I have to go with one anyway.

So how do you guys confirm if a quality is good or bad? After all, we're vaping these, they are going very deep into our lungs, mouth and nose, and absorbed by our bodies, I am trying to be healthier, not to open a new worry. My choices are mainly limited to Vapo, Crafty, Shosha, Kings, Hollywood, VG Brand and some others.

Are there certain ingredients I should avoid? Any indicator I can use to decide?

Any opinion is appreciated guys.

Thank you all

Reactions: JoeMischief

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am so excited, three days vaping and no analogs at all, that's a big achievement for me given that I have no craving or being deprived feeling whatsoever. Going to stick to this.

I have one question though when it comes to choosing the e-liquid. I don't live in the US and here the brands and vape shops are quite limited. I was wondering, how do you guys ensure the brand that you are buying are healthy? I mean, yes, I have done my homework and know that the concept of vaping is 95% safer than smoking based on studies. But every company seems to introduce a liquid for vaping, and since I have limited choices, I have to go with one anyway.

So how do you guys confirm if a quality is good or bad? After all, we're vaping these, they are going very deep into our lungs, mouth and nose, and absorbed by our bodies, I am trying to be healthier, not to open a new worry. My choices are mainly limited to Vapo, Crafty, Shosha, Kings, Hollywood, VG Brand and some others.

Are there certain ingredients I should avoid? Any indicator I can use to decide?

Thank you all
In the short run focus on putting as much time between you and cigarettes as possible until it's fairly certain you'll never go back to smoking. Then the best way to address concerns about safety of e liquid is to make you're own. My mix is 99% PG/VG,, 1% flavoring, and 1/10th percent nic (10mg). If there is anything questionable in my flavoring there is 10x less of it than if I was using 10% flavoring, typical in commercial eliquids.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined."It's funny, we're all concerned if flavors have anything bad in them and yet we smoked for years knowing it was all bad. I'm going to be ...... if I get hit by a bus. My last thought is going to be "But God, I only vaped the good flavors"."
Can ask for the MSDS from the e-liquid manufacturer(s).
Could Google "vape: ingredients to avoid".
Some good reads:
***DIY Warning....Please read***
https://vaping.com/blog/confused-about-diacetyl-you-should-be/

Reactions: Sylvie

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all
Hey there. Is quite tricky when you first start out. I've been gong a while and have still yet to tackle mixing my own! One step at a time eh! Can you order online? Although you have the lottery of not trying before you buy it may be worth heading for a reputable well respected vendor who will have done the checking for you as their reputation depends on it. If you are talking about the VG Simple brand I have some. Am still alive and it tastes amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread