Nicotine Harshness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherif E

Apr 22, 2017
Sorry! I've been in and out today with visiting company in the house. I missed the 24mg base number. In your original post you talked about 100mg nic and then you ordered 24mg for comparison. It's been one of those days for interrupted conversations and I was thinking you added 4.73g of 100mg/ml nic.

Since you've tried the recipe with 24mg and 100mg nic base with the same results the only thing left is flavorings. PG and VG are pretty bland on throat hit even with nic added. I vape 3mg/ml unflavored nic base at 70pg/30vg quite a bit and it's smooth. I do hope that you find the problem.
No problem. I appreciate you trying to help me out. Since I have only done flavored ejuice with and without nicotine, I will try unflavored with and without nicotine. It's just very weird that the same harshness is there, even when I make different batches with different flavors. I have done a peach, watermelon, strawberry, honeydew, pineapple, and cantaloupe, all with the same results. No nicotine smooth, with nicotine harsh. I do like menthol, so I add 2% of it in all my batches.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
No problem. I appreciate you trying to help me out. Since I have only done flavored ejuice with and without nicotine, I will try unflavored with and without nicotine. It's just very weird that the same harshness is there, even when I make different batches with different flavors. I have done a peach, watermelon, strawberry, honeydew, pineapple, and cantaloupe, all with the same results. No nicotine smooth, with nicotine harsh. I do like menthol, so I add 2% of it in all my batches.

Since you ordered 24mg nic for comparison and still got the harshness the nic issue may not be the problem. Maybe someone else will pick up on whatever the problem is. It looks like you have your component weights accurately calculated.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Some fruit, candy, and bakery flavors are alcohol based and you have to let your mix steep with the cap off. Shake and remove the cap and let it sit and evaporate. Repeat until it's gone. You can detect alcohol in the flavor by putting a small drop of the actual flavoring on your finger and tasting it. Alcohol based flavors will burn your tongue.

Mixing up a nic based unflavored mix will tell you if the flavor is causing the harshness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread