iStick Pico settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAIME GUERRA G.

Apr 22, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm a new member.
Please could anyone help me with two questions?
I have an istick Pico, when is off and press the hit and the plus buttons, there are two settings that I don't know what are for:

1. Power "20W".
2. Time "Off".

I tried to find information about that with no luck.
Thanks a lot to all of you!

Reactions: Opinionated

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Those are the preheat settings (for vw only). Power is the power of the preheat, time is the length the mod will fire at the preheat wattage before the mod goes to firing at the normal set wattage. "Off" means that the preheat setting is bypassed.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

JAIME GUERRA G.

Apr 22, 2017
Those are the preheat settings (for vw only). Power is the power of the preheat, time is the length the mod will fire at the preheat wattage before the mod goes to firing at the normal set wattage. "Off" means that the preheat setting is bypassed.

Thanks a lot for your answer KenD, vw is Wattage mode?
Which are the best configuration?
Many thanks again!

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX

It depends on your vaping style. What's "best" for me or @KenD may suck for you.

I prefer VW (variable wattage) over VV (variable voltage) because, in most regulated mods, you select a wattage and the computer adjusts the voltage to give you that preferred wattage, even if you change atomizer resistance.

Using variable voltage is more of a manual setting. If you change atomizers and/or coils, you need to remember to adjust the voltage to an appropriate setting.

Here's a summary you might appreciate. I'm sure the same (or better) info is in this forum somewhere, but this came near the top of my google search.

Tutorial: Variable Voltage vs. Variable Wattage for E-cigs | MistHub

Reactions: KenD

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thanks a lot for your answer KenD, vw is Wattage mode?
Many thanks again!
That's dependent on your coil and preferences. If you're using a plain coil with thinner wire your unlikely to need preheat at all, whereas if you use beefy coils with a lot of mass you might need a lot of preheat. I use temperature control pretty much exclusively so I don't have much use of the preheat settings, and therefore I also don't have a lot of practical experience with them.

JAIME GUERRA G.

Apr 22, 2017
That's dependent on your coil and preferences. If you're using a plain coil with thinner wire your unlikely to need preheat at all, whereas if you use beefy coils with a lot of mass you might need a lot of preheat. I use temperature control pretty much exclusively so I don't have much use of the preheat settings, and therefore I also don't have a lot of practical experience with them.

Thanks again, I'll wait for some user that know about these settings cause I'm lost with that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread