Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
OK - I can see the sense. The main point I was trying to get over was that too many factory TC coils are hype and disappointment. As long as you aware that I am not the only voice in the community saying this, then you won't dive in and buy multiple packets of coils before making your own mind up.
I remember buying kanger coils in bulk over 2 years ago and only 1 out of 5 worked. I'm not sure if they have gotten better or not. I just had the same thing happen to my ijoy exo chip coils, 1 out of 3 worked. Smok T8 coils never had a problem. Wrapping my own, no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
OK - I can see the sense. The main point I was trying to get over was that too many factory TC coils are hype and disappointment. As long as you aware that I am not the only voice in the community saying this, then you won't dive in and buy multiple packets of coils before making your own mind up.
Yeh you got your point across. I'll definitely consider this when I'm getting new coils the next time. Thanks :)

Reactions: djsvapour

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey y'all.
Thought i should say hi to all the nice people in the community.
So i just started vaping 3 weeks ago and am at that point where i need to get new coils but am so confused because of the wide variety and range of options available.
(Eg EC,ECL,NI,TI,CERAMIC,CCELL and many more)
I have an istick pico 75w that came with the melo 3 mini tank and I'd like to know which coil do you guys recommend?
Welcome and glad you joined. If you are searching for the best taste, might like to try the simple coils with the highest ohm rating(s) first.
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping
May be better in the long run healthwise (<$)

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined. If you are searching for the best taste, might like to try the simple coils with the highest ohm rating(s) first.
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping
May be better in the long run healthwise (<$)
Thanks for the warm welcome... Everyone's very nice here.
So i prefer direct to lung and I'm not as much of a flavor chaser... I like both flavor and clouds moderately.
So what would you suggest considering that?
.5 ohms is good? Cause that's what I'm using right now. Or should i change it up?

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hi buddy :)
I'll definitely check those out.
So when you first started building which device did you use? As in... Did you put the coils in the premade coils or did you use an rda?

Hi.

I started building with a Kayfun Mini v3 and a few weeks later with a Kayfun 5. I tried also the Hurricane V 1.3 but the tank cracked.

I use a 521 Tab so you check your build before attempting to use it.

The Kayfuns are wonderful, good vapor and wonderful flavor.

I use single coils around 1.5 ohms and vape them at 11 - 14 watts

I don't fear a short . I try to be careful and always check the coil in the tab (with the armed tank) before going into the mod.

Since I use regulated mod (Provape Radius) if something goes wrong the mod won't fire. But has never happened

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Cf11

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
If DL is your style, there are lots of RTAs, RDTAs and RDAs that are designed for DL. Actually I believe they are the trend so MTL designed atomizers are fewer in comparison.

Check the reviews and you will find one that suits not only your vaping style but your liking about aesthetics.

I find coil building a relaxing activity that lets you fiddle with your setup in order to find your sweet spot.

You don't have to try TC , just start with good old kanthal wire and variable wattage, then you can move forward (I haven't [emoji16], I'm very comfortable with kanthal)

There are some coil building kits that are affordable (coil master). So if you get one of those, some cotton and wire that's all you need ( and the atty of course)

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
If DL is your style, there are lots of RTAs, RDTAs and RDAs that are designed for DL. Actually I believe they are the trend so MTL designed atomizers are fewer in comparison.

Check the reviews and you will find one that suits not only your vaping style but your liking about aesthetics.

I find coil building a relaxing activity that lets you fiddle with your setup in order to find your sweet spot.

You don't have to try TC , just start with good old kanthal wire and variable wattage, then you can move forward (I haven't [emoji16], I'm very comfortable with kanthal)

There are some coil building kits that are affordable (coil master). So if you get one of those, some cotton and wire that's all you need ( and the atty of course)

Yeh i'm more convinced now that building your own coils is the way to go.
Could you give me some Fasttech links for the cotton and wire of your recommendation please?

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Uh! Never bought from Fastech.

I use Cotton Bacon and recently I've been using Fiber Freaks precut wicks (cotton and cellulose) that work great for 2mm or 2.5 mm coils.

If you live in USA there are a lot of online stores that sell cotton and wire

I use 28 gauge Kanthal but if you prefer lower ohm builds you can use 26g or even 24g (have not tried it because I'm a tootle puffer)

I guess that you can also get a building kit in the States

I'm convinced that building is best. But don't throw away your premade coils RBAs, some times you will use them . I know I do with my Kabukis but most of the time I enjoy my kayuns
9fdbc44806fd08fbcb90ed8600b2e6d4.jpg

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Uh! Never bought from Fastech.

I use Cotton Bacon and recently I've been using Fiber Freaks precut wicks (cotton and cellulose) that work great for 2mm or 2.5 mm coils.

If you live in USA there are a lot of online stores that sell cotton and wire

I use 28 gauge Kanthal but if you prefer lower ohm builds you can use 26g or even 24g (have not tried it because I'm a tootle puffer)

I guess that you can also get a building kit in the States

I'm convinced that building is best. But don't throw away your premade coils RBAs, some times you will use them . I know I do with my Kabukis but most of the time I enjoy my kayuns
9fdbc44806fd08fbcb90ed8600b2e6d4.jpg

I don't live in the US.
I live in India and the vaping community here... well there are vapers but buying stuff here is not as easy.
And the online stores here sell mostly factory built coils and regulated mods.(I could be very uninformed being so new to all this... so any other fellow Indians reading this... forgive me for my ignorance.)
That's why i prefer buying stuff like this from fasttech.
But thanks anyways... I'll try finding the products you recommended. Cheers!
PS- What do you call those rubber rings like the one your atty that says provap...?

Last edited:

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread