Twelve Juno

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Dansus mentioned the Twelve Juno in another thread a while back, now that I've seen a well done and favorable youtube review, I thought it deserved it's own thread in the hopes that someone actually buys one and gives us a review here. :D
Sources:
Juno - Your New Best Friend
You searched for juno - Origin Vape
If anyone finds better prices at other vape shops, please post. Note that the youtube video indicates that they improved the pods, so not sure whether its best to buy pods for now directly from Twelve, or if dealers already have the latest. I also noticed in the video that the Juno appears to share the base coil design with the Myjet (and in the case of the silicon seal at the base and steel collar, the exact same components I think). If I were a betting man, and I am, its likely the same Chinese manufacturer of the Juno and Myjet, or at least someone has copied portions of the myjet design. One improvement in the Juno it appears is the mouthpiece, which looks more comfortable than the Myjet. The video does an excellent tear-down of the Juno, and at the end she compares the draws of the Myjet (tightest draw), juul, and Juno (airiest draw, but still MTL). The Juno appears to fire as easily as the Myjet, another reason I suspect a common manufacturer/design. You can see that the Juno has two air holes, one on each side which appear larger than the single air hole on the Myjet, so if you want to tighten the Juno draw I would think you could just plug one hole. The video:

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I just placed an order for a Juno Express Kit - I think. Didn't get an email receipt but the order page is there, maybe wont get it until the business is open, its a brick and mortar with good reviews so I'm sure it's good. The express kit has only one pod, but cost only 10.99, with the discount code "loyal", it cost only $9.34 with free shipping! I don't get it, the full kit with 3 pods is 39.99 at the same site (before discount), i wouldn't pay that much to try somthing, but at $9.34 I'm all in! When I get it and finish off the first pod (assuming the tobacco flavor is vapable) I am going to disassemble the pod to compare to the myjet pod base, which in the video above looks very similar. Bought the Express Kit here:
You searched for juno - Discount Vape Pen
If I like it, I will buy a 4 pack of pods direct from Junovapor, price is $16.99, with discount code “juno25” get 25% off, after NYC tax it’s $13.86, not sure how much shipping costs are.
Juno - Your New Best Friend
One thing I like is that the mouthpiece looks better and these pods hold 1.6 ml, compared to Myjet 1.2 ml. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the myjet :D
Update: Received email notification today 4/20 that my order has been shipped :)

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Here are my first impressions after a few hours vaping the Twelve Juno I received today, with the one 36 mg Tobacco flavor pod that came with it (Promo version linked above). Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. Only time will tell how it performs in the end, when I finish this pod I will tear down the pod to see how easy it can be re-wicked and can be re-coiled, check for leaks, etc. i may like it in the end, I may not, first impressions are just that. I compare it with the Myjet which I have 3 of (the Cync was a bust for me).
1. Size and feel in the hands - Essentially the same size as the Myjet which surprised me since the pod holds more. (see below). It feels good in the hand, really nice finish, not quite as slippery as the MJ.
2. Mouthpiece - I think most will like this tapered mouthpiece much better than the Myjet. I'm so used to the Myjet it really doesn't matter to me. Cync had a really nice mouthpiece but wouldn't function well.
3. Pod - It stated to hold 1.6 ml, yet the pod is no bigger than the MJ which holds 1.2 ml. The reason is that the chimney (metal, unlike the MJ) is small bore compared to the MJ oblong plastic chimney, so more liquid capacity. I noticed that the mouthpiece gets just slightly warm as you vape, perhaps the metal chimney. Not anything that bothered me in the least, just barely noticed it.
4. Draw - it has an airier draw than the Myjet, but not too airy, I rather like it.
5. Autofire-It doesn't fire as easily as the Myjet (which fires on the slowest draw), sometimes I got nothing if I drew slowly like I can with the MJ, but if I remember this ones different and take a faster pull, it fires just fine every time. After its set for a while, the first puff might not give much vapor, but after that its good to go.
6. Vapor - The MJ provides slightly denser vapor with its tighter draw (even though I have high PG in the MJ), but vapor production is fine for me. I cant really compare flavor to the MJ since I don't have the same juice in each.
7. Tobacco flavor - This was a big surprise how good this was. Years ago trying tobacco flavors, I never did find one I liked, then I found NETs. This one kind of reminds me slightly of vaping those tobacco flavored cigalikes with cartridges (Apollo, several others), yet far better flavor. Now those of you who've tried a lot of tobacco flavors may like it or not, I have only vaped NETs for tobacco juice the last few years. Its a very smooth vape for 36 mg nic to me, I think its 50/50 pg/vg or 60/40 one way or the other, which is not my normal vape (80pg/20vg). Mild to moderate hit, yet the nicotine buzz comes in after only a few puffs. I could have quit smoking with this (though high VG isn't good for me), its that good and cures the nic craving quite well, only a few puffs needed. If you take 8 or 9 hits you're gonna OD on nic, lol :D Is it as good as a NET? Nope, but its good to me. :D
I will post pics and update when I have time. So far, quite amazing for 10 bucks.

Last edited:

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Here are my first impressions after a few hours vaping the Twelve Juno I received today, with the one 36 mg Tobacco flavor pod that came with it (Promo version linked above). Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. Only time will tell how it performs in the end, when I finish this pod I will tear down the pod to see how easy it can be re-wicked and can be re-coiled, check for leaks, etc. i may like it in the end, I may not, first impressions are just that. I compare it with the Myjet which I have 3 of (the Cync was a bust for me).
1. Size and feel in the hands - Essentially the same size as the Myjet which surprised me since the pod holds more. (see below). It feels good in the hand, really nice finish, not quite as slippery as the MJ.
2. Mouthpiece - I think most will like this tapered mouthpiece much better than the Myjet. I'm so used to the Myjet it really doesn't matter to me. Cync had a really nice mouthpiece but wouldn't function well.
3. Pod - It stated to hold 1.6 ml, yet the pod is no bigger than the MJ which holds 1.2 ml. The reason is that the chimney (metal, unlike the MJ) is small bore compared to the MJ oblong plastic chimney, so more liquid capacity. I noticed that the mouthpiece gets just slightly warm as you vape, perhaps the metal chimney. Not anything that bothered me in the least, just barely noticed it.
4. Draw - it has an airier draw than the Myjet, but not too airy, I rather like it.
5. Autofire-It doesn't fire as easily as the Myjet (which fires on the slowest draw), sometimes I got nothing if I drew slowly like I can with the MJ, but if I remember this ones different and take a faster pull, it fires just fine every time. After its set for a while, the first puff might not give much vapor, but after that its good to go.
6. Vapor - The MJ provides slightly denser vapor with its tighter draw (even though I have high PG in the MJ), but vapor production is fine for me. I cant really compare flavor to the MJ since I don't have the same juice in each.
7. Tobacco flavor - This was a big surprise how good this was. Years ago trying tobacco flavors, I never did find one I liked, then I found NETs. This one kind of reminds me slightly of vaping those tobacco flavored cigalikes with cartridges (Apollo, several others), yet far better flavor. Now those of you who've tried a lot of tobacco flavors may like it or not, I have only vaped NETs for tobacco juice the last few years. Its a very smooth vape for 36 mg nic to me, I think its 50/50 pg/vg or 60/40 one way or the other, which is not my normal vape (80pg/20vg). Mild to moderate hit, yet the nicotine buzz comes in after only a few puffs. I could have quit smoking with this (though high VG isn't good for me), its that good and cures the nic craving quite well, only a few puffs needed. If you take 8 or 9 hits you're gonna OD on nic, lol :D Is it as good as a NET? Nope, but its good to me. :D
I will post pics and update when I have time. So far, quite amazing for 10 bucks.

I will 2nd everything in this review. I look forward to seeing your teardown of the pod, @David Wolf.

Reactions: David Wolf

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

A Nice and Detailed Review.

Thank you for putting it together Dave.

:thumb:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I'll be interested to know how long a pod lasts with "normal" vaping (is there such a thing?).
I'm probably not going to be able to tell you how long a Juno pod last me for a while, since its higher VG (which I don't do well on) and so I am not vaping it solely. I can tell you that with Myjet 1.2 ml pods I use about two pods a day, one at 32 mg NET juice with nic salts, the other at 36 mg DIY Peppermint Ice#4 nic salts (lol, it too a few tries). There's always a little left in the pods, so I'm using about 2ml a day, when those are all I use are my Myjets. With my tanks at 18 to 24 nic, I use about 3ml or a little more a day. That's why I sometimes rewick/recoil, the pods are too expensive to keep buying and throw away, otherwise I would do just that. I also don't like being held hostage to a suppliers PG/VG and nic ratios for pods, so I like the Myjet empty pods. If i can refill and rebuild the Juno's, that will be a big plus. These babys are great for stealth vaping :D

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I will 2nd everything in this review. I look forward to seeing your teardown of the pod, @David Wolf.
Hopefully can have time to do it next weekend. Nice to see another Juno owner here :)
A Nice and Detailed Review.

Thank you for putting it together Dave.

:thumb:
My pleasure to return the favor to others giving good reviews ZoiDman :)

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk

Almost exactly the way I would describe the Juno. You just did it better. Agree 100%

To add my 2 cents.
1) I vape 0mg nicotine. With the Juno I got lightheaded after 2 or 3 puffs. It was intense!! Super High mg.
2) Easier to charge. Uses standard micro-usb cable. No need for cradle.
3) Was not crazy about the Tobacco flavor. It tasted more like a strong cigarette. (Marlboro Red??)
4) I still think the myJet is better. I wished it had a bigger juice chamber.
5) Easier to refill. The base pops out with little force. Dont know how long it will last yet........

You can get a MyJet for $13.99 with 2 empty pods + 4 pods from BeyondVape. Their tobacco flavor is way better.

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Almost exactly the way I would describe the Juno. You just did it better. Agree 100%

To add my 2 cents.
1) I vape 0mg nicotine. With the Juno I got lightheaded after 2 or 3 puffs. It was intense!! Super High mg.
2) Easier to charge. Uses standard micro-usb cable. No need for cradle.
3) Was not crazy about the Tobacco flavor. It tasted more like a strong cigarette. (Marlboro Red??)
4) I still think the myJet is better. I wished it had a bigger juice chamber.

You can get a MyJet for $13.99 with 2 empty pods + 4 pods from BeyondVape. Their tobacco flavor is way better.
Good feedback, I missed mentioning the charge micro-usb. and 1) is right on, lol. Smooth vape but boy that nic hit :D I would say the Marlboro red is a good comparison, I was smoking those right before I quit, maybe that's why I liked it other than the higher VG than I'm used to. I didn't vape it any today and thinking about trying to take apart the pod to put in my own juice before continuing so I can compare flavor.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I failed in my attempt to rebuild the coil from the Juno. I used the same method that I used on the myJet pods. However the pod is not firing up. Is the Juno a regulated device? Can somebody check the ohm of the stock coils?
Coil resistance measured from the pins at the bottom of the pod was 1.3 ohms with my DMM. I saw on an online review site that it was 6 wraps, 1.5 mm diameter, and "supposed to be stainless steel", but I haven't seen that confirmed on the twelve juno site or other sites, and frankly don't believe it. After vaping only about a third of the juice I took it apart to refill with my own 80pg/20vg juice, and the coil was 6 wraps, but looked larger than my 1.5mm Myjet pod coils, maybe 2mm ID. The coil wick seemed pretty fuzzed up for having only vaped 1/3 of the juice, I didn't like that. Vaping my high PG juice, I don't get near the density of vapor (and flavor) of the Myjet with the same juice, the draw is that much airier. The Juno is like an ultralight cig compared to a full flavored in comparison with the MJ. And no I'm pretty sure the Juno isn't regulated.
I haven't fully disassembled the pod yet - what type of pin connection is it to the coil leads? Is it crimped like the MJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread