Travel and Vaping Best way to fly with mods/juice/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenJen101

May 8, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Hi I'm leaving the states for a badly needed vacation in Mexico in 2 weeks, & was wondering the best way to pack up all my vaping supplies. Last time I flew, if memory serves me correctly, my husband had a huge problem with his juice, that was in the plastic bottles, leaking in his carry on bag. He stored his juice with one of his mods & well...I'm sure you already know he was mopping up juice out of his bag pretty much until the week after we got home!
I have 2 mods that have internal batteries, & 1 that I know I'll remove the batteries & place in the case. Last flight I hit mine multiple times under my jacket & in the restroom, but I can't remember if I filled my tank while on the plane or prior. Should I only put my juice in my checked bag, or in my carry on? Or maybe just a smaller bottle on the plane & all the rest in my checked bag? All my bottles are 30ml so I know the amount of liquid is fine for going through security. If I get to my resort & all my supplies are ruined, I'll be one extremely volatile American tourist while in Mexico. Thanks!

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I have a few 60ml amber glass boston bottles with the polycone cap.
I mix what I'm going to need, and put it into those bottles. I put a couple of paper towels into a baggie then put the 60mls in. Never had a bottle leak, but easier to have the baggie self mop if it happens.
I take a few of the normal plastic dispenser bottle and a small plastic funnel. When I get to my destination, I just fill the 30ml squeeze bottles and proceed as normal.

With the exception of my OBS Engine, I have never had luck with any tank while flying.
I just don't fill much when I'm heading to the airport, then dump the tank and put it into a baggie with a paper towel. I use the little nicorette mint things while flying. I just have to remember not to swallow them...

Recently, I haven't had the opportunity to vape, stealth or otherwise, on a plane. Completely full flights for me the past year or so. If I have a long layover, I hit the bathroom stalls for a nice vape. I can't stand the smoking lounges anymore. Nasty...

Heaven help me! That sounded like a non-smoker!

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Zip bag it all, carry it on, empty tanks or, have only enough that they won't leak if you have leak prone tanks. Otherwise, no more than 1/3 full, high altitude means lower air pressure, even in the cabin, though not as bad as in checked baggage. That means liquids expand a bit, so full tanks on the ground are overfull in the air.

I take my juice in the original bottles it came it - Yes I DIY at home but,m for travel, I buy juice that is in properly labeled, child resistant bottles. That avoids misunderstandings and, possible confiscation by customs. I want the mg of nicotine and the full ingredients list on a printed, not handwritten, label. FFDA and Souther Tradition have the best labeling in my area. I usually get those for air travel. Good flavors, pg/vg blend I like, quality juice in proper travel bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread