Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I usually get my nicotine base from my freedom and was wondering what difference if any there is in quality from them and nicotine rivers. They are cheaper and have my flavoring in bulk making it much cheaper to get all my stuff from them. Also how's their flavor apprentice flavoring. Hopefully no different then from TFA website. It is cheaper though so I'm a little concerned. Anyway any observations from someone who has bought from both places would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: ChelsB

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Personally, I didn't like the nic I got from MFS, due to its "robust" aroma and very detectable taste, but my order from MFS was back in July 2015. Maybe I got an irregular batch, who knows? I actually still have the almost full bottle of MFS, stashed in deep freeze in case of an emergency.

Nicotine River's stuff (NicSelect) is always good. They are my go-to nic supplier.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Personally, I didn't like the nic I got from MFS, due to its "robust" aroma and very detectable taste, but my order from MFS was back in July 2015. Maybe I got an irregular batch, who knows? I actually still have the almost full bottle of MFS, stashed in deep freeze in case of an emergency.

Nicotine River's stuff (NicSelect) is always good. They are my go-to nic supplier.
Good to know, any chance you've bought flavoring from them? I'm wondering if their TFA is up to snuff

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Good to know, any chance you've bought flavoring from them? I'm wondering if their TFA is up to snuff

I buy most of my flavorings from them. No complaints, and the bottles they use are my favorites. I'd say order at will, Nicotine River is a top notch, totally reliable supplier.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I buy most of my flavorings from them. No complaints, and the bottles they use are my favorites. I'd say order at will, Nicotine River is a top notch, totally reliable supplier.
I agree. They used to only offer 2oz and up of the flavorings but I noticed the other day they now offer lower sizes. Good prices too.

:)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Awesome, it'll be so much cheaper and easier they got the 16oz. Of my flavoring and liter of nicotine.I used to have to pay shipping from TFA and MFS. Now finally one place has all my mixing needs, and they come highly recommended.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I bought all of my nic from MFS and I didn't find any peppery taste at all. At least not from the first liter. I've only just recently used half of the first 250ml of it.
Yea I've heard the peppery taste thing a lot, but never tasted it myself. I've gone through several liters of their nicotine and have always enjoyed it. No complaints from me. They don't carry my flavoring in the 16oz like nicotine river does so I'm gonna have to stop ordering from them. But no complaints of MFS they have served me well.

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm about 8 or 9 months into using MFS nic for DIY. I don't notice any particular off taste or odor personally, but my sense of smell/taste is only normal on a good day with low airborne allergens. If there's a peppery taste it's good for me at 3mg/ml mix ratios. I like mild throat hit and you don't get much at low nic levels, so peppery could be a good thing.

Those who mix 18mg and higher might be more qualified to judge peppery taste in any brand of nic.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Yea I've heard that, I don't think I've noticed because I only mix a tobacco type so it probably blends in.

According to many posts about it, seems that most of the people who especially DO like MFS nic base...are people who vape tobacco flavored eliquids! They've commented before that it's precisely because of the slightly peppery taste that it adds to the tobaccos.

I didn't like it personally, because it was peppery to me, had a definite smell to it, and they shorted me 180mLs from a liter! Guy tried to tell me it was probably "clinging to the inside walls of the bottle" when I transferred it into smaller bottles. Yeah, right, like 180mL could actually do that. ;)

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I love nicotine river for TFA 2oz bottles for $4.50 that's my go to size except for my ry4 double which I buy in 8oz batches

That's probably a good size if it lasts a while for you. It ensures that you always have fresh nic. MY projection on a liter of nic is 9 years at 3mg/ml ... and I have two liters on hand.

OTOH, smaller bottles are in our future if the FDA isn't reigned in. That's already happening in some states.

Reactions: IDJoel

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
According to many posts about it, seems that most of the people who especially DO like MFS nic base...are people who vape tobacco flavored eliquids! They've commented before that it's precisely because of the slightly peppery taste that it adds to the tobaccos.

I didn't like it personally, because it was peppery to me, had a definite smell to it, and they shorted me 180mLs from a liter! Guy tried to tell me it was probably "clinging to the inside walls of the bottle" when I transferred it into smaller bottles. Yeah, right, like 180mL could actually do that. ;)

I've only tried MFS nic, but it's always been good for my tobacco recipes as well as the fruits I've made. At 3mg strength there's a slight bite that's barely noticeable (just a sensation on the tongue), but if I go to zero nic the vape is seriously flat tasting. With 70pg juices you wouldn't expect that with 0 nic, but it's what I get.

Reactions: mhertz

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
That's probably a good size if it lasts a while for you. It ensures that you always have fresh nic. MY projection on a liter of nic is 9 years at 3mg/ml ... and I have two liters on hand.

OTOH, smaller bottles are in our future if the FDA isn't reigned in. That's already happening in some states.

All true, except the OP was speaking of 2oz bottle of flavorings.

Reactions: mattiem

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
All true, except the OP was speaking of 2oz bottle of flavorings.

Oops! The thread got a little scattered. The thread title mentions nicotine twice and the OP starts with a mention of nic and then progresses to flavorings.

See what happens when I speed read? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread