Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
I replaced my dead desktop with one I bought on ebay. Tracking says it'll be here tomorrow. Then I can play computer geek for a while. The specs on it are good except HD and the ram. Hard drive is only 250g and the ram is only 2g. That's not good for WIN 10. But I have a 1TB and 6g of ram from the dead one to put in so it will be good. Unless it doesn't have an extra bay for the HD. If that's the case I'll get an enclosure and make it an external drive or just switch it out. It'll be fun;)........I hope.o_O

SamuelMSr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Meridian, Idaho
So now I'm seriously having a crappy night. Starving and I put a huge pot pie in the new microwave, put the time a minute under the lowest time on the box. Took the dog outside and came back in to fully burnt dinner. Now I'm stuck with ramen if I can dig some more up......

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chakris

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My dad came to the rescue, let me raid his freezer lol

Good night y'all
Don't you have some caribou or mule deer running around where you live?

So, the Drs. decided not to give Sue chemo meds because they're thinking she wouldn't able to handle the side effects in her condition. So I guess we're going with the better of two evils and let it progress at it's normal pace.
Let be what will be. Does Mama know everything that is going on?

been using my TFV4 for a while and its gotten really harsh ( even with a new coil) so I went back to my single coiled RSST and its good again... Im back to tootle puffin ;)
1.28 ohms 22W :)
Back to that Genny, huh?

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I replaced my dead desktop with one I bought on ebay. Tracking says it'll be here tomorrow. Then I can play computer geek for a while. The specs on it are good except HD and the ram. Hard drive is only 250g and the ram is only 2g. That's not good for WIN 10. But I have a 1TB and 6g of ram from the dead one to put in so it will be good. Unless it doesn't have an extra bay for the HD. If that's the case I'll get an enclosure and make it an external drive or just switch it out. It'll be fun;)........I hope.o_O

You might already know this, but you'll want to check the RAM specs on the new vs the old computer. If the specs differ too much you can't mix and match. If the old RAM is incompatible with the new computer's motherboard, it won't work.

Those enclosures are awesome. If there's no extra bay and your new computer has a USB 3 port, try to get a USB 3 enclosure. The speed difference is noticeable.

Dual HD's will draw more power, so your new computer's power supply has to be able to handle that.

See? Now you have me geeking out! :D

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
IMG_6860.JPG

All day. Every day.

I've settled on a simple setup. That's my third IPV D series mod I just got: the D4. Single 18650 that lasts me 2 - 3 days. .8 to .9 ohm single coil at 24W.

I'm down to only vaping 2 - 3 ml per day. And sometimes hitting Legendary Booty or Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

Three setups seems to be the sweet spot! Just enough variety to keep me from flavor fatigue.

The KM3 was tempting but I have 3 Aqua V2's that are perfect in flavor and ease of building. Each came with a dripper if I want to go that route.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
You might already know this, but you'll want to check the RAM specs on the new vs the old computer. If the specs differ too much you can't mix and match. If the old RAM is incompatible with the new computer's motherboard, it won't work.

Those enclosures are awesome. If there's no extra bay and your new computer has a USB 3 port, try to get a USB 3 enclosure. The speed difference is noticeable.

Dual HD's will draw more power, so your new computer's power supply has to be able to handle that.

See? Now you have me geeking out! :D

It has 2g DDR3 memory and I have 6g DDR3 to add. (4 slots) Only USB2 but I don't use it much so that's okay. If there is not an extra bay I may just switch out the 250 for the 1TB from the old one. When I looked at one on ebay the first thing I did was look up the original specs.:thumb: FedEx tried to deliver it today but says it has the wrong address. I gave them the right one.o_O So either the shipper messed up or the driver was running behind and just skipped it. It happens sometimes. Don't ask how I know this.;) Ebay still shows tomorrow so I'll leave the note on where to put on the door again and see what happens. If it doesn't show I'll contact FedEx.

Users who are viewing this thread